all I can say is "WOW"'
I really think that DICE has shifted their concentration to consoles, with games like Bad Company series and 1943.
Since they said Battlefield 3 and something about seriousness, hardcore and all that, I beleieve it's for PC only, because Bad Company and upcoming 1943 are no where near hardcore. Talking about the time the game takes place, there is almost no doubt about Modern Day (or at least the Cold War, it would be super awesome if it's the REAL WWIII, not some resource war in BF2)
What I really want in that games are the following:
1. Please, more player, 128 will be good.
2. enhance that squad/commander system, that's one of the biggest selling points of BF2, don't downgrade it to the cheesy Bad Company style!
3. ADD SUPPORT FOR NAVAL VESSELS!
4, Weapon customizations, more kit gadgets.
5. It's fine to keep the jets.. I suggest three types, Air Superioty Fighter (with different types of missiles), Fighter bombers (good against both air and ground, but doesn't dominate neither), and a CAS plane (heavy weaponary, low speed, vunerable to AA and enenmy jets),
6. Finally, more vehicle types. For the vanilla game, I think MBT, Medium Tank, IFV, APC, light and heavy transport should be there. For air, see #5, and for sea, real aircraft carriers, guided missle destroyer(maybe cruiser for US-
), PT boat, and some sort of landing craft. Helo wise, I would like to see a World in Conflict layout, Heavy Attack Helicopter (AH-64, Mi-24), Medium Attack Helicopter (AH-1, Mi-27), Scout Helicopter (AH-6), and transport helicopter..
7. One more thing, I would love to see more people in a vehicle, like in a black hawk, a full chalk of 12 men, 2 pilots, and 2 crew chiefs and the sweetest.