Poll

What do you think?

YES! YES! (feat. M. Bison)
0 (0%)
No, it isn't right.
12 (80%)
I have a better idea (please elaborate in a comment)
1 (6.7%)
Yes but give it to assault kit instead
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Petition: return the unfairly taken Ammo Bag back to the support kit  (Read 1641 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
We all know that every kit in FH2 has something that makes it special.

The scout has it's binoculars and smines.
The rifleman has the grenade launcher (usually).
The assault has a badass SMG that's basically unbeatable at close range and mostly a different grenade.
The AT kit is the only one who can effectively fight armor.
The engineer has a wrench, mines and explosives (and let's not forget those silly flags and often the mine detector)
The SL gets binoculars, a last ditch sidearm and some smokes (and sometimes a fancy hat!). And he's the only one who gets to choose between a rifle and an SMG.

The Support gets an awkward big gun that can often only be deployed prone, with somewhat limited ammo supply and a pea shooter...

... Wait that doesn't sound that fun, doesn't it?

How about we make the MG kit more useful in it's intended role as a base of fire and support kit by giving it back the ammo bag it lost .

Think about it... The MGs in WW2 mostly use the same ammo caliber as the rifles. Wouldn't it be logical to share that ammo with your teammates when they run dry?

I mean most of the MGs in WW2 were crewed by a few men (gunner and assistant loader ?) so we can just imagine all that ammo being carried by the loader...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Makes no sense, if anything the rifleman should have the ammunition. The MG is there to shoot the ammunition, not carry extra rounds.

Offline blander

• View Profile
I think some maps should have less ammo per kit to resemble shortages. As a rifleman it is very rare in FH2 to run out of ammo.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
I agree with blander

Plus, why adding ammo bag to MG? Only thing I would like is that ammo crates Ammo kit has can ressuply BOTH at,aa,arty guns and soldies,MGs. I dont get why he can bring 10 shells for arty but no 2 granates or few bullets. If its because spam, then its no reason as I can stand next ammo truck and spam nates-same thing.

What best could be is; ammo kit has two different ammo supply; crates-that give lot of ammo and small pouches(like bf2 ones) -that give small amount of ammo. And no ammo restriction to at, arty guns only
« Last Edit: 06-02-2019, 02:02:03 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
I think is more fun and challenging for the player to get ammo supply from crates.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Makes no sense, if anything the rifleman should have the ammunition. The MG is there to shoot the ammunition, not carry extra rounds.

Yes, from a historical perspective it should be carried by the rifleman. But from a gameplay perspective it has a few problems.

For example, since the rifleman kit isn't limited and carries grenades it has potential to increase grenade spam significantly, which can be a problem on some maps.

If you give it to the MG you only marginally increase the amount of grenade spam, and increase the potential for the MG to provide covering fire for the rest of his squad , because it's less worried about conserving ammo.

You also increase the potential for "teamwork". For example if the MG guy can drop his bag next to the SL or resupply the AT guy it can help when smoke grenades or rockets are limited and your squad can't get a dedicated scout.

I mean the MG guy, like the SL is mostly stationary so it's easier to get to him when you actually need ammo ( mostly for rockets, grenades or smines, and only rarely for SMGs/rifles).

Just think about it. It works in newer Battlefields so I don't see why it wouldn't work in FH2, which is still very much Battlefield at its core

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
When have you ever ran out of ammo?

I think it's enough that there are pick-up kits with a rifle and an ammo bag
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Awkward big gun with somewhat limited ammo supply and a pea shooter? How are you using MGs?

MGs are killer beasts!

About the proposal: I don't think this will work well, there are enough ammo resupply points for the MG gunner to go to. And APCs on top of that.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
When have you ever ran out of ammo?

I mostly run out of ammo when "camping" in "unusual" places where devs didn't think of placing an ammo box. But as MG man it's not often, only when I'm trying to provide some "covering" fire, despite it being of limited use in FH2, compared to PR for example.

Hovewer I do often run out of grenade/AT/smoke ammo as an assault/rifleman/scout/bazooka man, especially when assaulting a position. In those moments I would very much like to have a teammate capable of resupplying me.

Not all flags have ammo boxes and most of the ammo boxes are placed to benefit the defenders. I think it would be a good idea to throw a bone to the attackers too...

I think it's enough that there are pick-up kits with a rifle and an ammo bag

Yes, but those only resupply vehicles and are usually used by artillery men. I'd very much like a separate kit for resupplying the common grunts.

Awkward big gun with somewhat limited ammo supply and a pea shooter? How are you using MGs?

MGs are killer beasts!

It was obviously a hyperbole to get your attention. It seems I've succeeded at that  :)

About the proposal: I don't think this will work well, there are enough ammo resupply points for the MG gunner to go to. And APCs on top of that.

There are enough resupply points at predetermined places. Any attempt of "creative" gameplay (ambushes, rearguard actions, delaying the attackers before they can get to a flag, a few guys mining an enemy resupply route) are really limited because APCs/trucks are big and loud (and also show up on minimap!), especially if you don't (can't ?) get a SL active.

I just feel there's a perfectly fine gameplay mechanic not being utilized to its full potential. There should at least be a kit catering to people who like to play FH2 in that unconventional way

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Maybe a pickup kit which resupplies ammo for infantry, that would actually be doable. I'll ask internally.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Maybe a pickup kit which resupplies ammo for infantry, that would actually be doable. I'll ask internally.
+1
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear