Author Topic: Vehicles and weapons info on web  (Read 897 times)

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
Vehicles and weapons info on web
« on: 21-02-2012, 23:02:45 »
I'd like to suggest additon of some info about vehicles and weapons that are on the FH 2 website. It could be just small infobox with description of that vehicle/weapon + some stats. That might even wake interest in WW 2 weaponry and machinery in some people.
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

azreal

Re: Vehicles and weapons info on web
« Reply #1 on: 22-02-2012, 00:02:56 »
All weapons and vehicles already have stats associated with them under the name. Other than that, I don't have time to write a small paragraph for each vehicle and keep it all up to date. If you are interested, you can read the info that I write in the news when the vehicle/weapon is announced, or google/wikipedia it.

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-02-2012, 14:02:07 »
I didn't suggested it, because i'm lazy to search for info or something like that. Also it is not something i demand, but something that came up to my mind once i was looking through pages, and thought it might be a good idea. If you don't have time for that, someone else might be interested in writing it.

Stats associated with vehicles are speed and armament only. I thought of something like armour values, theatres on which was vehicle used, strong and weak attributes, and maybe something like explaining difference between similar vehicles like Panther ausf. A/D, or difference between M4A1, M4A3 and Jumbo.

If you think it is completely pointless, well...it's just a suggestion.
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-02-2012, 17:02:30 »
I didn't suggested it, because i'm lazy to search for info or something like that. Also it is not something i demand, but something that came up to my mind once i was looking through pages, and thought it might be a good idea. If you don't have time for that, someone else might be interested in writing it.

Stats associated with vehicles are speed and armament only. I thought of something like armour values, theatres on which was vehicle used, strong and weak attributes, and maybe something like explaining difference between similar vehicles like Panther ausf. A/D, or difference between M4A1, M4A3 and Jumbo.

If you think it is completely pointless, well...it's just a suggestion.

Dude...wikipedia.

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-02-2012, 17:02:55 »
I started to make something like this for the FH series (FH1, FHSW, FH2) as a whole on the German Battlefield wiki. But no one helped me so I lost interest after I made about 50 entries.

Examples:
Tiger I
Ju 87 "Stuka"

The quick info is always shown in a small box on the right, it contains among other things:
Pic of the vehicle
category
number of passenger seats
weapon and ammo of every seat

The text gives some info about how to use it in-game or if it has any special things (very fast/slow, superior/inferior vs vehicle xyz, weak spots etc.).

Everything is about the vehicle in-game, you won't find this on the "real" wikipedia. I think this type of encyclopedia would be definitely interesting for a lot of people, especially beginners of course.
« Last Edit: 23-02-2012, 17:02:13 by Easy Eight »

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-02-2012, 14:02:25 »
I would like to see the FH2 stats of the vehicles like armor, penetration, hit damage (or whatever you used for your model). The real stats can be found on the web and are not very usefull for the game.

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24-02-2012, 18:02:15 »
The armour is all the same ingame as you see on the web.  And penetration ingame are based on 500 yards distance penetration.

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25-02-2012, 03:02:49 »
I mean e. g.
Pz V:
Armor:
Front: 80mm
Side: 40-50mm
Rear: ...
got that from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther_tank#Armor
Weapons are already described here: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/vehicles.php

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-02-2012, 14:02:01 »
Problem being you still need some basic knowledge on tank-combat.

Someone who doesn´t have any clue on how armour and penetration works won´t understand why the T-34 has better frontal protection than a Panzer IV although it has less armour (80mm (H/J) or 50mm (F) unsloped versus 45mm sloped). You would have to explain how sloped armour works.
The same goes for the guns. If you have no clue about gun penetration at all and thus look it up on the FH2-page one would have to explain that there are differences between the 75mm of the Panzer IV and that of the Panther (L48 and L70) and that certain rounds also influence the armour penetration.

Also one would think that the 76mm on the Sherman would have better HE performance than the 75mm version on the tank, because of the higher caliber, which however wasn´t the case. Someone would have to explain that, so it would be usefull information.

Someone who doesn´t know much about this stuff won´t get that much information from some numbers/values stated on the website.

I think however an information for the players on which maps a certain vehicle can be found would be quite usefull. Maybe a small text how many there are (in FH2) and the rest of the information would be just for "decoration".
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-02-2012, 16:02:20 »
Problem being you still need some basic knowledge on tank-combat.
another reason to introduce loading screen tips imo