Author Topic: The game crashes when i use more bots!  (Read 4180 times)

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
Re: The game crashes when i use more bots!
« Reply #15 on: 08-12-2009, 14:12:20 »
i have tried a previous version of fh2 the problem was gone, i have downloaded again the 2,2 installed it and played , the problem is still there, the game crashes when i play with alot of bots, i enter the map i spawn i start the battle and after a while the game crashes

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08-12-2009, 15:12:01 »
Is your BF2 patched to 1.5?

When you try and play online, what exactly does it do? Does the map load? Does it CTD?

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09-12-2009, 02:12:24 »

When you try and play online, what exactly does it do? Does the map load? Does it CTD?

i do not have a valid cd key thats what it says when i try to enter and it is probably because my own cd key is lost , the only thing i have is the original dvd but i dont have the package so i have found a cd key from the net (probably an already used cd key
but it is 1.5 patched
« Last Edit: 09-12-2009, 02:12:37 by Napoleontas1 »

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09-12-2009, 03:12:54 »

i do not have a valid cd key thats what it says when i try to enter and it is probably because my own cd key is lost , the only thing i have is the original dvd but i dont have the package so i have found a cd key from the net (probably an already used cd key
but it is 1.5 patched
That's your problem. CD-keys in BF2 are tricky. I tried to take a few from the net but it didn't work out that way because they were bad keys. I have no way to fix that sorry

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09-12-2009, 07:12:38 »
As i said the 2.15 version didnt gave me those crashes despite the number of bots i used, the problem was a product of 2.2
I  now want to know, is 2.2 version a stand alone version?
What do i have to install in order to play it?
I have my 1.5 patch, do i have to install the 1.5 server files?

Before i was able to  go in multiplayer mode and join a server although i got the massage that i didnt have a valid cd key, now when i try to join a server the game crashes...

I urge you to try 60 or more bots in 2.2 and try to play any map in single player, i think that after a while your game will crash, this is what happening to me.
I got some crashes when i played with 16 bots but those were quite rare, the crashes were increasing as the bots increased
« Last Edit: 09-12-2009, 07:12:41 by Napoleontas1 »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09-12-2009, 07:12:49 »
-FH 2.15 was not BF2 1.5 compatible. so if you want to go back to 2.15 you will also need to unpatch your BF2 to 1.41. (reinstall it)
-Not all maps have bot support in the 2.2 release, so there might be a reason for some of the crashes on your side.
-Which server leads to a crash when you try to join in MP? You don't have to install the FH2 serverfiles to be able to join an online game.
-If you lost your CD-Key then go out and re-buy BF2. The complete edition sells for 10€ so that shouldn't be a big wear on your pocket.
-Your System Specs would be great to know, like RAM, OS, CPU, GPU. All those can help us help you.
-Finally try playing in windowed mode. BF2 shows errors which disappear once the game is closed by windows. To get into windowed mode just add a "+fullscreen 0 +sx1280 +sy1024" into the properties of the link to the FH2 file.
« Last Edit: 09-12-2009, 07:12:31 by N24Reporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09-12-2009, 08:12:42 »
-FH 2.15 was not BF2 1.5 compatible. so if you want to go back to 2.15 you will also need to unpatch your BF2 to 1.41. (reinstall it)
-Not all maps have bot support in the 2.2 release, so there might be a reason for some of the crashes on your side.
-Which server leads to a crash when you try to join in MP? You don't have to install the FH2 serverfiles to be able to join an online game.
-If you lost your CD-Key then go out and re-buy BF2. The complete edition sells for 10€ so that shouldn't be a big wear on your pocket.
-Your System Specs would be great to know, like RAM, OS, CPU, GPU. All those can help us help you.
-Finally try playing in windowed mode. BF2 shows errors which disappear once the game is closed by windows. To get into windowed mode just add a "+fullscreen 0 +sx1280 +sy1024" into the properties of the link to the FH2 file.

I used 2.15 with 1.5 patch with no problem what soever
were excatly do i add those lines? and i add this "+fullscreen 0 +sx1280 +sy1024" or this +fullscreen 0 +sx1280 +sy1024

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09-12-2009, 08:12:49 »
Right click on your FH2 shortcut, go to Properties and add it to the end of the Target line. Remember to put a space after the ".

E.g. "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\FH2.exe" +fullscreen 0 +sx1280 +sy1024

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09-12-2009, 08:12:21 »
Here's the window that you get when you rightclick on the link on your desktop and choose properties:

(Example of BF2's main link)
Just add the "+fullscreen 0 +sx1280 +sy1024" like they did with the "+menue 1 +fullscreen 1"

Anyhow knowing your specs would still help us a lot, especially your OS and RAM.

Edit: Usually you get a HUGE Error Message when BF2 crashes, with the adress space that failed and what not, so you most likely did not play in windowed mode.

I'll repeat it again, not all maps in 2.2 are navmeshed for AI support, which will lead to CRASHES on most maps in Normandy.
« Last Edit: 09-12-2009, 08:12:43 by N24Reporter »

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09-12-2009, 08:12:13 »
Here's the window that you get when you rightclick on the link on your desktop and choose properties:

(Example of BF2's main link)
Just add the "+fullscreen 0 +sx1280 +sy1024" like they did with the "+menue 1 +fullscreen 1"

Anyhow knowing your specs would still help us a lot, especially your OS and RAM.

Edit: Usually you get a HUGE Error Message when BF2 crashes, with the adress space that failed and what not, so you most likely did not play in windowed mode.

I'll repeat it again, not all maps in 2.2 are navmeshed for AI support, which will lead to CRASHES on most maps in Normandy.

i did it  played in windowed mode, with 80 bots, "the same amount witch i use in previous patches of fh2 and with another ww2 mod without problem.
The same happened the game crashed after a while ,(while i was shooting some americans) with a window telling me that "fh2 crashed  do you want to report to fh2 team?"
No difference whatsoever
I was playing the luttinch map ( the same problem was repeated in every 2.2 map that i used)
i have 4gb ram
intel core 2 duo cpu
3.17ghz
os windows xp home edition
I am sure it is not a hardware issue cause as i said the previous version runed smoothly
Iam just getting this annoying error.
I wonder here , i have patched my bf2 with 1.5 patch but i firstly patched it with 1.4 and then with 1.5 is there any possibility that the error is caused because of that ? Maybe i should have used 1.4.1 and then 1.5?
But my bf2 is currently 1.5 patched so i really doupt that.
Does anyone has the same issue i mean have anyone used more than 50 bots in single player and played for hours without any problem? Cause this might be a generic error  and not a unique error that happens only in my pc.
And just for the record i used 2.15 with 1.5 patch and there was no problem at all

i have played on windowed mode the game was operating in window mode and i have inserted those lines before i started it.

i dont know if the game crashes cause i play in normandy maps, i have also tried to play the el alamein map in single player mod with 100 bots that i used to play in 2.15 without a problem , and the same thing happened the game crashed after a while.
But i repeat i did not got any windows except the fh2 crashed window when i operated in a windowed mod,
Thanks alot for your help anyway

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09-12-2009, 09:12:53 »
100 bots is very hardware intensive.
Have you tried defragmenting your harddisc lately? It might have had some fragmentation that now pushes the game over it's edge.

And again, not all maps are AI meshed in the Normandy part of 2.2 which leads to crashes on most maps. Check the SP threads to see which.

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09-12-2009, 09:12:58 »
and guess what a new problem emerges i was trying to play multiplayer and it was giving me the not valid cd key witch is normal.
Now it just crashes to desktop...
« Last Edit: 09-12-2009, 09:12:17 by Napoleontas1 »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09-12-2009, 11:12:40 »
So what was the message in the background displayed by BF2 upon crashing?

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09-12-2009, 14:12:49 »
the same as always
Fh2 crashed etc

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11-12-2009, 10:12:30 »
I just hope the upcoming update will get rid of those crashes!
Iam going to re buy Bf2 just for the mod, hopefully i am going to have results i hope