Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 2.26 feedback  (Read 13012 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 2.26 feedback
« Reply #45 on: 15-05-2010, 14:05:39 »
Bren gun - Loved the new model, texture!

Model is the same. Theres just slight changes to it. One being the fact that the bipod can be both open and folded but also the ironsights at the rear has been changed. Otherwise its the same model you have been playing with since 2.0.  :)

My feedback? I havent played yet. Havent even touched 2.26 so far but tonight I'll dine in hell when everyone gets to pwn my sorry ass in FHGN.

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #46 on: 15-05-2010, 14:05:26 »
Lower performance as in 2.25............ -.-

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=6200.msg110209

i never ever can play this mod.........

You can never play this mod OR any other recent game because your videocard is running in 1/4th performance mode, at 2D clocks. This is a well documented issue with some ati cards, has nothing to do with FH2!

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #47 on: 15-05-2010, 14:05:19 »
So far my new experiences playing a 3-4 maps :

- Everything loads a lot faster, a LOT! :)
- Port en Bessin seemed to be as heavy as Anctoville was before
- Anctoville is very easy going on the FPS now
- Dont really notice a major change in weapons, not for the worse anyways, so ++ :)

Offline Skalacy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 15-05-2010, 15:05:31 »
Nice update, love the new camera posiition! Sounds are also better as in 2.25!

What about Ramelle? :D:D

btw; the PaK 40 sound is great!

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 15-05-2010, 16:05:01 »
Villers bocage just sucks now, total allied bias.

And please do something to that FW109 it just makes noobs look good, especially on Cobra. In Totalize Typhoon can beat it.
« Last Edit: 15-05-2010, 16:05:48 by Paavopesusieni »

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 15-05-2010, 16:05:52 »
Wait 'till I play it!
Then it will be axis uber bias!  8)

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 15-05-2010, 17:05:01 »
First round on Port en Bessin was great: allied capped all flags but the last one and then axis did a great comeback, they made allied bleed again. In the end allied got the upperhand again and they won by 28-0.

The Lewis is a beast, I never tested it and it really is a good MG, I'd say it is better than the MG34.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #52 on: 15-05-2010, 18:05:04 »
Do spawn waves apply in SP?
In SP: yes, in Co-op: Don't know.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #53 on: 15-05-2010, 18:05:41 »
Anyone have issues with Germans losing all flags but the last on Port-en-Bessen with the last spawn being unselectable to the entire team?

Lose the flag the Marder spawns at and it's literally game over.

Had the same thing on the WaW server. Then again I think you were there too  :)

Hey I was there as well.  I seem to recall some bastard on Totalize 25pdring the shit out of me every time I spawned to grab the shrek.   ;)
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 15-05-2010, 18:05:45 »
Uhm, why there are Bedfords instead of GMC trucks in Luttich???

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 15-05-2010, 19:05:22 »
Anyone have issues with Germans losing all flags but the last on Port-en-Bessen with the last spawn being unselectable to the entire team?

Lose the flag the Marder spawns at and it's literally game over.

Had the same thing on the WaW server. Then again I think you were there too  :)

Hey I was there as well.  I seem to recall some bastard on Totalize 25pdring the shit out of me every time I spawned to grab the shrek.   ;)

Why, I would not do such thing had I know I would be killing you over and over again  ;)

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 15-05-2010, 19:05:52 »
Model is the same. Theres just slight changes to it. One being the fact that the bipod can be both open and folded but also the ironsights at the rear has been changed. Otherwise its the same model you have been playing with since 2.0.  :)

Looks really different! Texture looks darker and has a more 'worn out' look! Maybe its the 2.26 excitement that's making everything look better!!  ;) 

An update to my review - like the new wreck physics - significantly less bouncing around for destroyed tanks at least!

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 15-05-2010, 21:05:36 »
Some thoughts:

- Supression effect was raised. I ran into a MP40 at a corner and didn't see anything when I killed him. It is just short, but nevertheless heavy.

- Cried when I noticed that all mobile spawns on Anctoville were removed. Spawning on squadleaders is definetely nice, but I would have liked to keep at least one mobile spawn per faction.

- The Opel Blitz Flak 38 is very great, had even infantry kills with it. Despite of the recoil. The recoil makes it a nasty beast with its own behavior. Also like the long cool-down delay after having shot 20 rounds. After a first burst you're silenced while the airplanes search for you. Still I'm currently thinking about starting to keep only 10 rounds in the mag so the reload prevents the gun from overheating, thus I'd be able to spray 30 rounds total before it overheats. We'll see. Makes me value the Sdkfz.7 with Vierling from FH1 even more. People never knew what we had in those days.

- Nice sounds.

- You thickened the lines of circles and crosses on the map in pushmode, didn't you?

- Halftracks turning on a dime now. Great.

Pic:

« Last Edit: 15-05-2010, 21:05:47 by Dukat »

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Remdul

• Reverse Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Pie!
    • View Profile
    • ByteHazard
« Reply #58 on: 15-05-2010, 21:05:49 »
You thickened the lines of circles and crosses on the map in pushmode, didn't you?
Correct. Also tweaked various minimaps for clarity.

Supression effect was raised. I ran into a MP40 at a corner and didn't see anything when I killed him. It is just short, but nevertheless heavy.
We didn't touch the suppression effect at all, to my knowledge.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 15-05-2010, 22:05:56 »
My opinion Elaborated 1 -  Sound

So as I have been quite vocal about already, I was terribly dissapointed about where bot-support was. Although, its no one's fault and I'm sorry I came off as though it were.

Sound seems to be the most praised thing, frankly, I was a bit dissapointed. I like many of the new sounds although I feel its veering a tad too much towards FH1's version. Fh2 always have subtle sounds with tank cannons similar as they shoud, with only the clearer differences being between tanks of completely different calibre, the rest being well, subtle differences. The panther cannon for instance, is cool, but a bit much for a 76mm. The Tiger's is perfect. The rotation of the turrent for the Panther also seems to have a bug where it may continue whining after you've exited the vehicle

I heard the PAk 40 in one map, and personally I think it was fine the way it was. My biggest dissappointment in sound was that everything still seems gamey. I know it would seem like I'm suggestion scrapping everything, and for many, well.. yer. Some sounds like the 88, the stg44 especially, mg34 and 42 are fine.. save for the mgs not having reverb. But there it is, hardly any gun has reverberation. Tje no.4, and for that matter the SMLE, have rifle sounds that are way too loud, and a reverb which is on the same sound level as the bang sound

The p51 distant mg sound is actually louder than it at close range. Bomb dropping still sound cartoony while mortar sounds too subtle.. I think the 2 should be quite similar. Nothing has a whizz or whoop besides FH2's traditional whip. If bullets are flying past you, do you really not hear anything else besides the whip? And could cannon shells i.e 88, AT, tanks, arty have whizzes too? And really, I think the rifles sounds need to be lower than the tank cannons. The distant tank sound gives the impression its louder close-up than it really is.

The distant sound for the most part is as cartoony as the close-up one. It works for Fh2, but it doesn't give you the impression of a serious war going on at distance. While planes do have an increased range to hear them, when close up, they aren't any louder, as they should be.

British mgs, the .30 cal, pistols besides the German ones... nuff said. I'm happy to hear the silenced sten too, but I'm not sure it will be that silent, sure it would sound different, but sound suppressers were to make them sound like something else, not neccesarily make them sound quiet, right?

I still think the explosion sound of FH1 works better than the current one, which sometimes sounds like water with too fine material-noise.

sound of bullets hitting the ground ie. the dirt being kicked up from anything could also be louder. And there is no distant 88 sound still... noticed that early, and the k98 distant sound is just wrong.

For the good,

I love the new rocket sound, a bit loud, but it works
The distant sound for tank cannons is also cool.. i think we now have 2, right? I think that works perfectly for varying caliber.
The panther turret rotation thing.. cool
Range for plane sound
New Tiger cannon blast
New no.4 reloud click
A new plane in the air, a new engine sound.. it might have been in since 2.25, but I didn't hear it, so that's nice too
New c47 sound... definitely cool
Quieter beach for PDH... yes, that too is definitely cool

Well, like I said, I wasn't going to be flattering.. still, i hope I haven't made new enemies... Just me frank opinion... I might not have a clue, but I do have that...