Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117956 times)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #1245 on: 22-02-2014, 18:02:41 »
Yes, very much so. Progress in the tree for me seems to have become at least 10 times slower. How are you suppose to unlock jets when i can only play an hour a day. I will take me months just to research 1 of them.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #1246 on: 22-02-2014, 19:02:12 »
Agreed, they are milking the players now. P63 spam does also not help.

Insane compressibility and overheating speeds for Germans, while La7s just will not lock up at any diving speed and P51s can WEP all game do not help the gameplay either. Better not get me started about putting German jets of 1944 against 1948 Sabres and F80c fighters...

But as I hear, next patch, basically every nation will have either Sabres or MiG15...problem solved..."yippie".

@Tankbuster: just check the squadron tab or hop on TS. There is almost always someone there, you don't need to talk, just listening helps. We have some people with no microphone already :)
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #1247 on: 22-02-2014, 19:02:47 »
sorry, double post.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: 22-02-2014, 19:02:16 »
What are you talking about, the P-51 is a turd with wings attached.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #1249 on: 22-02-2014, 19:02:39 »
Not since 1.37. Better acceleration, retains speed  very well, diving speed without breaking wings is great and it does hardly suffer from compressibility. Try it.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: 23-02-2014, 01:02:44 »
Has anyone else totally lost interest for this game after 1.37? Seeing ONE pixel move on the research bar for the next plane is so demoralizing.

Erm. No. Actually, I think totally different about the game.

Basically I fly a tier until the last modification for the last airplane has been developed. Then I move all of my 5 crews to the next tier.
After having finished grinding the last modifications for my last 5 planes on tier 2, I had already researched the next 5 planes on tier 3. My problem was that I could not afford to buy and to assign crews to the new airplanes because I lacked the credits.

I have returned to tier 1 quite a while now, further researching tier 3 airplanes. It is not very fast, but progress is being made. It actually feels faster than researching the unlock for all decal spots using the Marcolins CR.42CN.

Due to the low speed it is very relaxing to fly those tier 1 planes. And the diversity of planes is greatest: maneuverable biplanes, sedate destroyer aiplanes, divebombers, level bombers and fighter aircraft. All of them in the initial stage, kind of raw, with very different behavior and handling. Like a large bomber being a tough enemy for a small biplane. And the ground targets can usually be destroyed by all kinds of airplanes, as it is mostly unarmored vehicles and units.

In the end this makes me wonder: Why should I fly any other tier than tier 1, if tier 1 is the most fun while tier 5 appears to be dreadful. Why should I buy gold? Whatfor should I spend gold on? I'm unlocking the skins and decals while flying. I'm training crews while flying. You don't have to buy additional crews for gold, as the number of crews is totally unimportant and 5 crews is more than enough for a 10 minutes arcade game.  Maybe the premium planes are fun, but I'm not going to test it either. The last time I saw such a shitty revenue model for a F2P game, the game was discontinued.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: 23-02-2014, 03:02:50 »
Well finally. Eastern Germany will receive some jets to compensate for the lack of good jets. Now we only need the F86 Sabre for western germany.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: 23-02-2014, 05:02:48 »
Not since 1.37. Better acceleration, retains speed  very well, diving speed without breaking wings is great and it does hardly suffer from compressibility. Try it.

it still is a flying turd. Glorious soviet planes climb up and ambush you at 7000 M from nowhere.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: 24-02-2014, 04:02:06 »
It was confirmed by devs that Germans will get the Canadair Mk.5 Sabre, and a Mig15Bis. Since they were both employed by divided Germany.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: 24-02-2014, 12:02:36 »
So in historical battles we are going to see 262s from the third Reich flying together with jets from the communist puppet state in eastern Germany and Sabres from democratic west Germany in one team. I hope I´m not the only one who thinks that is silly. ^^
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: 24-02-2014, 14:02:47 »
So if Germany gets the Candair Sabres, shouldn't the Brits get the Folland Gnat?

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: 24-02-2014, 18:02:56 »
So in historical battles we are going to see 262s from the third Reich flying together with jets from the communist puppet state in eastern Germany and Sabres from democratic west Germany in one team. I hope I´m not the only one who thinks that is silly. ^^

Yeah... hoewer, its also silly to see some Soviet "World War 1 airplanes" figthing against Germans "WW1 Airplanes" in battle for Berlin  :P

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: 24-02-2014, 23:02:17 »
There are no WW1 Airplanes in WT, secondly yes, it's just as silly, and shouldn't happen in "historical battles"..
apart from the fact that game mode doesn't exist anymore, so yeah...
That doesn't change the fact that IMO all jets should be removed from the game/moved to a completely separate MM from prop planes, Maybe apart from Me-262, just maybe though.
« Last Edit: 26-02-2014, 21:02:09 by Musti »
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: 26-02-2014, 19:02:47 »
Don't forget the Arado 234! It's sad that it gets tiered to planes 200 km/h faster when it's only defense is speed.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: 28-02-2014, 12:02:27 »
Anybody else having problems with B17 recently? In the week I was playing, I encountered about 10 B17s and 4 of them gave me an engine damage, while attacking them 1v1.

I´m going to tech for those now. ^^
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.