Author Topic: CTDs on Anctoville 64 map  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
CTDs on Anctoville 64 map
« on: 02-05-2010, 15:05:26 »
I'm not sure this has been mentioned in any other threads - Does anyone else get regular CTDs on the Anctoville 64 map? (unofficial AI support for this map was released by Winterhilf?). I usually get a CTD on this map within the first 10 minutes.

As this map has no vehicles and (I think) no or very few static weapons, I'm not sure what could be causing this. Maybe it's a pathfinding issue, or something related to the map's "no squad leader spawning" scripting? It's annoying as, being infantry-only, the map ought to be fully playable, unlike some of the other Normandy maps with no AI vehicle navmesh.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: CTDs on Anctoville 64 map
« Reply #1 on: 03-05-2010, 10:05:28 »
Nope, but then I don't think I've played it since you released your minimod.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-05-2010, 11:05:00 »
anctoville has spawning APC's and after a few minutes tanks spawn too.
i think sherman, cromwell, firefly, panther, panzer IV  and i think tiger too.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-05-2010, 13:05:22 »
For WinterHilf's ai version, I thought he deactivated vehicle spawn...

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-05-2010, 13:05:23 »
well i have no idea about single player i just saw he said no vehicles while there are lots of vehicles on the map (at least in multiplayer ...)
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04-05-2010, 13:05:10 »
Winterhilf updated Anctoville twice after he released the files for it due to spawn issues.

IIRC, the first version didn't have vehicles, but they were included in one of the updates. Considering the dramas bots have with vehicles in confined spaces, Winterhilf didn't bother with a vehicle mesh.

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-05-2010, 05:05:59 »
Where would i find a link to the SP version of Anctoville 64 ?

Thanks

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-05-2010, 10:05:16 »
The download links are, unfortunately, dead.

IIRC, someone who shall remain nameless was poking around where he shouldn't have been, and prematurely announced there were some new maps with SP support (Alam Halfa and Gazala, I think). Ever since then the links to Winterhilf's "unofficial" (as in, not in the latest version of FH2) SP map files just take you to a log-in screen.

It's not all bad news though, I zipped the initial files he released for it and then dropped the two updates into the archive for ya. I hope he doesn't mind...

Anctoville: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mogrmklnhmw/SP_anctoville_1944.zip

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-05-2010, 11:05:38 »
Any chance of someone doing this for the latest version of Alam Halfa. Recall, Winterhilf created an updated Alam Halfa and it was briefly available. I think someone DLed that cuz that version apparently had wicked pathmapping making it the tank battle it is supposed to be

Any possibility anyone has this file and can upload it for us... maybe simply PM us i.e.
I, CannonFodder, DJBarney, Zoomotorpool, Drawde, Remick04, CBCRonin, Raziel, Devilman and Die Happy?...anyone I left out?

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05-05-2010, 11:05:56 »
Thankyou very much for that cannonfodder,much appreciated,the map is great
I dont think Winterhilf (cough,cough ShaneJohn) would mind,We have known each other for some years now
You can delete the link now,if you wish

@ djinn ,you mention,latest version
this is a situation i have encountered many times,with not knowing which is the latest version
Any chance the maps can be renamed with a "V1.0" etc, after them

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05-05-2010, 14:05:53 »
No worries mate...and yep, it certainly is a great map (there's a thread about it around here somewhere)...

I'll leave that link up for the time being, in case anyone else wants it.

Djinn, I think Zoo was the one who commented on Alam Halfa...

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05-05-2010, 19:05:28 »
Didn't realise Anctoville was supposed to have vehicles - the urban environment + lack of static guns made me assume it was infantry-only.
I still haven't actually played FH2 online - have tried numerous times, but keep getting a CTD as soon as the map loads (I've never been much of a MP fan as until a few years ago I only had a 56k "dial-up" connection!).

I don't have the updated Alam Halfa files, unfortunately - I do have the files (for this map and Gazala) from the old pre-2.25 FH SP mod, but neither work very well. The German tanks always get stuck at the edge of the defensive line on Alam Halfa, and Gazala has two fortified British bases that attacking bots don't seem to be able to work out how to get into (the rest of the map usually works OK)

I also have Winterhilf's Falaise update, if anyone's interested. This is infantry-only but does have static guns. It's not very playable, as without tanks the game usually ends up as a massive infantry fight around the bridge + church (which frequently CTDs), with neither side being able to make any progress.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06-05-2010, 15:05:40 »
That's actually a surprise regarding falaise. I could use Germans to get all the way to the final British base, but under blistering fire. Really interesting... even though its quite a walk - Only big issue is ofcourse the lack if vehicles and the limited pathmap across the bridge even though there are supposed to be so many points to cross across the river.

I hear Zoomotorpool is the only person who got Alam Halfa... Yer, the shell craters and minefields in the original version do make it hard for tanks, and when they DO break through, they don't know which base to go to next, attacking 6pdrs with single isolated attacks that always fail... get to the last line of bases and you get them camping the 3rd  side and deciding not to keep up the fight.

Gazala is better, and tanks should be able to cross over from end to end, although sadly, Allied tanks do it too... Issue is that this map suffers from tank-stop as per Legion's code since this map has the longest flatest area so all is perfect for this bug to set in... should also be good for artillery though cuz the 88 at the main german base actually fires at the Brtish defensive position a mile away.

Biggest battles occur over those defenses and the camp in the middle of everything. With bots able to bail, there should be some shock troops taken over the defensive blocks, but then, there are so many vehicles, for me - low unit count and therefore no infantry, and alot of Allied troops pouring off the defensive blocks... But the defenses are overcome-able.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06-05-2010, 18:05:32 »
The newest Alam Halfa in 2.25 AI plus Winterhilf's newest navmesh work+tweak works should make them ultra fineee... since LegionDcX have made the bot behavior far better.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06-05-2010, 18:05:37 »
her...pst...pst... zoomotorpool, pst... ya got the goods? Ya got Alam Halfa version 2? And what Legion patch are you refering to... Do you know of any new work he did for 2.26?

the last we saw of it (At least that which shipped with 2.25), we had AT guns that had locked-jaw, stuka-bakkas and mongoloid tanks that feared guys with rifles....