Author Topic: Your epic fail in FH1/FH2!  (Read 18806 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Your epic fail in FH1/FH2!
« Reply #150 on: 25-10-2012, 18:10:57 »
That would be a destructible object, and the devs have been lessening the numbers of them.   :P Nice joke tho.. :)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 25-10-2012, 19:10:34 »
it's not a joke

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 25-10-2012, 19:10:46 »
Nice try, but I wont fall for it this time.  :)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 25-10-2012, 21:10:16 »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 25-10-2012, 21:10:13 »
Haha, TC, you should check out the Giarabub map for sure. Pick Italians. You will see that:
- the static camels
- the fact that they bleed, and
- that the standing ones don't fall down

all aren't a joke. Really.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 25-10-2012, 21:10:11 »
Oh, I know that there are some animal corpses on some maps, but I didnt see the standing camels anywhere on Giarabub, but anyways; if you say so, so it shall be!

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 26-10-2012, 13:10:08 »
Today on 762, Totalize started. I ran to get the Cromwell VI and got connection problems instead, and only a normal Cromwell was left when things got back to normal. The round was off to a good start. I jumped into it and figured I'd make a run at Flak Battery, and as I was driving in that direction I saw hyperanthropos in the Achilles driving the other way. I did the usual tip of the hat tankers do, rattling a small burst of co-ax fire off the other tank as you pass, only I managed to kill him through the open top. Taking at least a little solace in knowing it wasn't some random noob in the Achilles that was going to get me kicked or go batshit insane, I thought I'd just keep the proverbial seat warm until he got back.

After a rare real-life facepalm, I apologized and jumped into the Achilles, trying to drive it back to Hyper when he respawned. I roamed around both mains looking for him and telling him to come get his tank back in teamchat, until I noticed he got teamswitched. Now feeling like even more of a dick, I reluctantly drove off with the Achilles, turret turning even slower than usual with all the guilt that had been piled on top of the blood and the guts, feeling a bit like I imagine you would if a friend died and left you a car in his will, and you'd been banging his wife for the past 10 years. Some twat was destroying our own vehicles in the main and damaged the Achilles into the red, so I bailed and repaired. I got back in, and within five seconds had rolled the Achilles over when I optimistically tried to drive down a hill at full speed without slowing down. I was killed because I couldn't bail out. Feeling exceptionally stupid by this point, I hung out in the main for five minutes, thinking about what I'd done :D.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I know you would put this story in this threat, awesome :D

I hoped you would kill some tigers with my achilles, so next you teamkill me in the Achilles, try harder!
Nice Story :D

Offline ALargeWalrus90

• Driving mah Panzer all day long drinkin mah cofee
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 31-10-2012, 23:10:52 »
I landed in a field in Al Alemian, or whatever the large desert map is, I repaired and then OUT OF NOWHERE a truck full of Nazi's  kills me and takes my plane :-\

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 01-11-2012, 12:11:49 »
^ That case seems pretty unachievable to me due to the fact that planes are always teamlocked :P
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 01-11-2012, 12:11:33 »
And a truck is NEVER full  :P;D )

Offline nephros

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 02-11-2012, 19:11:32 »
The one that sticks out the most in my mind was back in FH1 on Gazala (I think I'm remembering the right name). I was manning a british tank on the right side of the map, guarding the western approach to the middle spawn point, at a bridge that crosses a deep crevice. There was another british tank also guarding that bridge. We had been doing great, tearing up tank after tank that would try to assault. The other guy had been hit a number of times and was smoking, so I pulled up onto the bridge behind him and got out of my tank in order to repair his. When I exited the tank, I plummeted off the bridge and to my death 300 feet below.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 03-11-2012, 07:11:07 »
My epic fail is just my attitude recently. My $150 headset/mic is ruined, my back-up headphones died, my keyboard is fucked. My video card is dying, so the graphics glitches that crash me to desktop that used to only happen on Totalize and Cobra now happen on 3 out of 4 maps. The biggest hassle is sharing wireless internet, which means my ping bounces up to 500 from 170 two or three times every minute and I have been averaging 3 disconnects per map until the house is empty.

No one gives a shit obviously, but I post it here because it's so frustrating it makes me act like a twat to noobs. I was teamkilled over 30 times today, and I counted 24 by players who's names I didn't recognize and were privates. But instead of just being cool and encouraging new players like I try to usually I was just a giant dick to all of them and I feel bad about it. So if any new players read this don't take anything personally! It's just for some people the hardest part of FH2 is getting the tank/weapon you want, while others have to break their fingers they cross them so hard just to even get ten minutes' gaming in before they can even worry about getting their hands on dat Firefly, so when you are halfway through manual-powering a grenade into a room you just saw five enemies run into, and you get teamkilled by a guy who just followed you halfway across the map and don't even get a sorry, sometimes you get a lot more assholeish than is called for.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 03-11-2012, 14:11:00 »
 take the good days with the bad ones Christie,

I get the same way on 762 sometimes when the server is full of asshats and nobody will apologize for the copious tk's.

Just remember it's not real blood.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Gulagman

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 05-11-2012, 00:11:49 »
Today on the St. Lo Map, I log in and spawn at base. Walk around to check for any arty kits. Was about to go into a halftrack when a see a guy TK Sirkrys on the mortar. When I walk up there, Sirkrys respawns, takes out a knife and tries to stab me. I try to type that I wasn't the guy who TKed him, but it was too late. Sirkrys realizes he messed up and apologizes.

Lesson learned: Don't get involved in TK drama.
I play arty because I've a terrible connection with frequent disconnects to the servers.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 09-11-2012, 23:11:37 »
The epic fail of every British player on Olympus, ever: mine all entrances to Monastery with no flags and nothing in chat, effectively trapping the Matilda in there.

My epic fail: not realizing for 10 months that gap in the wall I've run through a billion times is wide enough to squeeze the Matilda through, so I don't actually need to use the real entrances to the flag anyway.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.