Author Topic: Gold Beach Remake  (Read 10745 times)

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Gold Beach Remake
« on: 11-12-2011, 20:12:46 »
Hey people,
I don't know if someone is interested in this, but maybe you remember the map "Gold beach". I couldn't find out who made it so I just hope he's ok with my actions. If not, tell me and I'll remove this.

I figured out that the map isn't easy to get at the moment. Most links are dead and I had to register at a page to dload it. So I thought (because it has Bot support!) it wouldn't be such a bad idea to reupload it.

Futhermore, to improve the gameplay (my point of view), I did some minor changes. First, I changed the teams from GB vs Germans to Americans vs Germans. I know it's Gold Beach where the British troops landed, but it just creates an Omaha feeling. According to that, I also changed the vehicles to American ones.
Second point, the ones who once played this may still know, you spawn under water and it's really hard to even get to the beach. I added static landing boats at the coast where you and your team spawn. Inside these boats you can also find kits to pick up like a sniperrifle or a flamethrower. 
Third, the load picture and loadscreen wasn't so nice in the original. I made a more FH2 style one.

Note: The changes just hold for the Coop version.

So if you're interested, here's the link: Gold Beach v3 (Americans)

ORIGINAL version:megaupload shut down :(

Installation as usual. Move the folder "FH2_Gold_Beach3" into your Battlefield 2/mods/fh2/levels folder.

EDIT: Added several "Beach" Maps, not by me but slightly edited so they fit into the FH2 conecpt. If youre interested, here you go:

Bloody Beach, Longues sur Mer

Omaha Beach by ThomasLx reworked

Only COOP support!
Enjoy
« Last Edit: 02-06-2012, 23:06:57 by Darman »

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Beach Remake
« Reply #1 on: 11-12-2011, 22:12:28 »
COOp mode 16 players still contains some bugs with spawn points behind death zone. Will fix it tomorrow

EDIT: Updated version. Map area increased, spawnpoints fixed, you can now spawn on the boats and fire artillery.
« Last Edit: 12-12-2011, 14:12:46 by Darman »

Offline lemonwire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-12-2011, 03:12:48 »
Thanks for the link,
However, I've found some issues; playing as the allies on the 64player map is next to impossible as the German machine guns rip through the allies in the water and after two play throughs the allies couldn't even make it to the beach long enough to cap it.

I had to tweaked the GamePlayObjects.con, removing some machine gun posts and made the beach already capped by the allies. But this highlighted some new issues, that allied tanks struggled to get off the beach and that there are some poorly placed aircraft which I have yet to see fly.
Overall, it's really enjoyable after a few tweaks, again thanks for the upload!

(on a side note: I used 128 bots to test the map)
« Last Edit: 13-12-2011, 04:12:51 by lemonwire »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-12-2011, 09:12:18 »
Yer, I have to agree with lemonwire. I had a team frag score of 300 for Germans to 1 for US.

The issue is that the working map is SP only so you can't change the ratios the way it should be to make the numbers of invaders great enough to break through the chunky german defenses.

The US barely spawn on the Ships to use the arty etc to neutralize the enemy, while the Germans are always there, on most mgs, flak cannons and evn tanks lurking in the rear.

Make this map in COOP and it should be better. I also suggest changing all vehicles to Normandy variants save for the NA bofers, which work better with the paint of the ships than the grass green.

Also, I suggest we allow all static gun positions on both sides to be spawn-points to allow real arty, rather than pyrotechnics to shine... And then, i'd remove the pyrotechnics altogether :)

BTW, is the LCVP coded to work for bots? We can use these if so, and it will literally save lives.
« Last Edit: 13-12-2011, 11:12:36 by djinn »

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-12-2011, 15:12:14 »
Well guys - for me it workes perferct :-\.

Did you load the updated version?

I'm using this modifeied aiDefault.ai file:

rem File generated by Administrator with the Bf2SP64 Bot changer
aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.4

run BotNames.ai

aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 32

run AIPathFinding.ai

rem EOF

So the bot difficulty isn't to hard but the kills the make with machine guns are more or less realistic. I played the map around 5 times to the end now and never had any problems capturing all the command posts.

Play Coop mode 16. Other modes aren't supported. So it's coop - You can change ratios. (who the hell is playing SP? Coop is the same but with adjustable settings. Beside that - SPfiles =Coop files. Extract server.zip/gamemodes/sp3/ , rename it to gpm_coop and put it back into server.zip/gamemodes. Now Just add the right lines to your levelname/info/levelname.desc file. Just copy it from 16 mode and replace 16 with 64 or copy it from a map with 64 coop support.

If you use the aidefault as I do, turn bot number to 32 and ratio to 100 to get 32 bots on each side. If you want to get a really good gameplay on this map - I advice to use my aidefault file and turn botnumber to 48 and ratio to 50. No you should have 40 players on the allied side (massive assault) and 24 Germans, mostly on MGs.

In the boats you can find sniperrifles and flamethrowers to make it easier to get through enemy lines.

For me, there's always a Bot spawning on the ships howitzer. And he also hits the enemy!

So - it should be possible
« Last Edit: 13-12-2011, 17:12:48 by Darman »

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-12-2011, 15:12:02 »

Make this map in COOP and it should be better. I also suggest changing all vehicles to Normandy variants save for the NA bofers, which work better with the paint of the ships than the grass green.

Also, I suggest we allow all static gun positions on both sides to be spawn-points to allow real arty, rather than pyrotechnics to shine... And then, i'd remove the pyrotechnics altogether :)

BTW, is the LCVP coded to work for bots? We can use these if so, and it will literally save lives.

Like I said, I t is Coop. And only Coop supported. The vehicels should be American ones with green (normandy?!) skins. I took the codes from Breakthrough at st. lo.

I didn't make the map, so the "pyrotechnics" aren't my fault. But I also thought about the idea of Ais entering multiple real mortar positions. Maybe I'll add this when I've got some free time again.

The LCVPs should be static and they're the points at which you spawn. I don't think you can use them. I took the from the staticmesh files.

EDIT:: Updated version. Now we got some real artillery, more mortar launchers, bofors firing from the carrier, a typhoon fighter, a german sdkfz_sf (with rocket launchers) and some minor changes. MGs not decreased. Turn down the Bot difficulty.
« Last Edit: 13-12-2011, 21:12:18 by Darman »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14-12-2011, 06:12:16 »
...who the hell is playing SP?...

Me...because the only extras Coop offers is the option to unbalance the teams (and in almost all cases unbalancing the teams simply unbalances the map), and the ability to setup a maplist (which I don't use)... ;)

I look forward to trying this out once I get everything reinstalled (thanks to an extremely troublesome mobo upgrade)... :)

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14-12-2011, 07:12:19 »
...who the hell is playing SP?...

...and me ;D, because of the same reason which is mentioned by CannonFodder..

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-12-2011, 10:12:12 »
I don't play SP normally. BU-ut, that's what I get for the map.

i tried COOP, only option was 16 sized. It crashed to desktop.
SO I located the map in the SP list, I got 32, 16 and 64. Went for 64, which is usually the stable sized map in SP if 16 COOP ctds and what I got is what I reported.

Dunno what else to tell ya.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14-12-2011, 15:12:40 »
Coop16 is crashing? You have the latest version? (its No. 3, I know :-\, sorry for that)
Now thats strange. For me it works perfect. Anyone else having that ctd?

However, it's the only mode I supported. I combined the different modes to this one with focus on the beach.

So if you have this ctd, I can only advice you to take the server.zip/gamemodes/gpm_coop/16 folder, extract it and replace the server.zip/gamemodes/sp1/16 folder with it, to get the best experience. Do you have got ESAI installed? I added ESAI support for the coop mode. Maybe thats the reason you have a ctd. Have you tried playing in windowed mode for an error message?

EDIT: I tried to play the map in coop, but when my friend tries to join the match, he gets a ctd. When he launches the coop mode for himself, it works but I'm getting a crash on join. He tried again with windowed mode. Error message was
Debug assertion failed

Version: 1-5.3153-802.0 Build date:2009-8-20 17:8
Module: Game Client

File:
C:\dice\Projects\BF2Branches\Patch_1_50\Code\Bf2\Game\GameClient\GameClient.cpp

line: 1587

Text: Template id 17898 not found

current confile
The "file" path doesn't exsist. I also searched with shown hidden folders and system folders. However,
after he klicked repeat or cancel, the game crashed with a forgottenhope2.exe runtime error. I have got no clue what this could be.
« Last Edit: 14-12-2011, 18:12:28 by Darman »

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16-12-2011, 17:12:22 »
Could you perhaps try to start the coop mode again with windowed mode and give me your error message, to let me know what I did wrong? Maybe its due to an asset. That would be very helpful.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16-12-2011, 17:12:48 »
Oh sorry for not replying mate. Just been really busy this week.
Will do that by tomorrow and give you feedback.

Thanks

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19-12-2011, 16:12:35 »
now... you got any error message or not?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19-12-2011, 20:12:09 »
So sorry. How do you run it in Windowed mode? I used to know, but i have forgotten.
And REALLY sorry for not getting back to you, m8. Christmas and Office closing is a crazy time all hours of the day.

Give me the instructions and I should have this done before day's end. Really sorry again.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19-12-2011, 22:12:09 »
Ok, calm down mate^^, there's no need to hurry.

You need to right click properties of your Fh2 shortcut. Add "+menu 1 +fullscreen 0" to your target line behind "mods/fh2".