Author Topic: CD-Key invalid only in FH2?  (Read 6017 times)

Offline duffbeeer

• View Profile
CD-Key invalid only in FH2?
« on: 06-12-2010, 16:12:49 »
Hi guys,

Im having trouble joining Fh2 Servers. I get the CD Key invalid Error. The key is correct tho, BF2 and Project Reality are working fine online. The OS is Win7. Is this caused by the file switching in FH2? Are there any other solutions besides reinstalling everything?

thanks in advance

duff

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Re: CD-Key invalid only in FH2?
« Reply #1 on: 06-12-2010, 16:12:25 »
« Last Edit: 03-06-2018, 09:06:03 by ajappat »

Offline duffbeeer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-12-2010, 16:12:23 »
Ive already tried this and it didnt work =/

Offline duffbeeer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-12-2010, 13:12:15 »
Now it worked. Had a typo in it.  :-[ ;D

Thank you very much.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-05-2013, 18:05:55 »
Just for the record: This method does not function anymore as the BF2-Code in the registry is encrypted.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Mostly.Harmless

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-08-2013, 02:08:02 »
Just for the record: This method does not function anymore as the BF2-Code in the registry is encrypted.

Is there a method that currently works? Only I've just installed it and I have exactly the same problem: BF2 works fine, but can't join the only populated server on FH2 (or unpopulated ones). I originally had the problem with BF2 but fixed it with one of the many proposed solutions (one of the CD Key changer applications). I can't find one that works for this. In fact, all the solutions out there are aimed at fixing the problem for BF2, and since I've done that, it's hardly surprising they don't make a difference with FH2. Even went into the registry and retyped the key, but it looked like it was correct before I did that.

Offline Soldado_Britânico

• View Profile

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-06-2018, 00:06:28 »
That link is almost 8 years old, no wonder it doesn't work anymore. Try this and you will encounter no problems with playing online.

Offline Feli06

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-06-2018, 16:06:12 »
I am having the same issue. Had BF2 installed with my original CD box key, but that didn't help.

So I uninstalled BF2, installed the FH2 standalone launcher. Still having the same problem.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-06-2018, 18:06:10 »
That's impossible, since standalone installer is creating unique CD-key for you that should never give you the "invalid CD-key" message, so probably something went wrong during your installation. For help, join our Discord, and check the "tech-support" channel. CD-key changing in the registry has been recently discussed in there, that should help you.

Offline Feli06

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18-06-2018, 17:06:45 »
That's impossible, since standalone installer is creating unique CD-key for you that should never give you the "invalid CD-key" message, so probably something went wrong during your installation. For help, join our Discord, and check the "tech-support" channel. CD-key changing in the registry has been recently discussed in there, that should help you.

I took some time and sat down to try and solve this. For those who might stumble upon this post:

I figured my previous various installations of BF2 might have messed up my registry and what not. So I uninstalled everything related to BF2 (base game, Special Forces addon, FH2, however not PR). I did this through the old "Programs and Features" control panel, not the new Win10 Program list (older programs don't show up there).

Then I fired up CCleaner and did a registry clean (it found several obsolete FH2 and BF2 entries).

Finally, I installed the FH2 Standalone version.

I'm happy to have FH2 working again, see you on the battlefield!