Author Topic: How Did You Find Out About FH1/2?  (Read 13127 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: How Did You Find Out About FH1/2?
« Reply #45 on: 30-01-2011, 04:01:42 »
Bought BF1942 years ago. Asked myself why i couldnt play maps like Berlin Streets and stuff (0.7 was released) and checkd FH website. By then, i saw Lancasters, Tiger IIs and stuff, i started searching in every corner of every BF1942 maps for these vehicles, none was found.

Then afte a big ass headache, i found this little "Download" Button, Dled it and had the best moments of my life with FH.

Then joined the forums, i remember my first post was about the Falklands :>, i was an idiot back then oh.
First i tought FH2 was going to be made on FH1, but this time with super graphics and stuff. Then i found it was going to be for Battlefield 2. Got battlefield 2, waited for FH2, then it was PR. FH2 just got released and i got into it.

Since then well, here, hello!. I dont play FH2 that much tho, 1. Because my public version folder was deleted by me, and the only version of FH2 i have is the one i use for betatesting, wich is broken >:

2. Because i dont have much time D:

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04-02-2011, 00:02:46 »
Was playing BF1942 online. Some guy kept bitching about how bland the game felt, and another guy asked him to check out "FH". I asked him what is stood for, and he said "Forgotten Hope. It's a mod". And that's how I found out about it.

Offline Pr0z4c

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04-02-2011, 11:02:42 »
I got a copy of battlefield 1942, first i was amased that you could fight on land sea air with all those vehicles.
after playing coop for a while i started to notice the lack of vehicle diveristy, and i knew something about ww2 vehicles. so i started to search for ww2 mods with more vehicles. that mod turned out to be fh1. back then it was version 0.5 i think.

I fell in love with the mod and it made me buy the game to play fh online. and so i did for the next 7 years. last year the game, to my opinion bleed to death. it was sad and i had a hard time to say farewell.
so i moved on to fh2. when it was released i had to buy bf2. i dont play bf2, only fh2  ;D

« Last Edit: 04-02-2011, 11:02:20 by Mik »
Signature is too big

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04-02-2011, 13:02:52 »
Had been playing bf1942 for a couple of years when I found FH0.7. I was extremely impressed with the mod but unfortunately did not play much online just sp....then I was browsing Ytube and saw the video entitled Forgotten Hope 2: Dogfight and another one Ground attack I was absolutely stunned! Bought Bf2, downloaded Fh2.15 and have been here since!  :)
« Last Edit: 07-02-2011, 14:02:41 by Raziel »

Offline Kev4000

• FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08-02-2011, 00:02:06 »
fh 0.5 release news post on bf42.com? or was it .ce or something? I can't remember, was the best bf community forums back in the day where it all happened. Was a nice picture of a german bomber plane and I clicked the download button.

Offline Warior135

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 24-02-2011, 15:02:28 »
FH2:By Looking At YouTube I Found A Vid Of It In Related Videos On A Bf2 Mods Video And Went To Moddb

FH1:By Looking At The Website Then Changing A Switch to FH Not FH2

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 25-02-2011, 14:02:02 »
A few years back I played BG42 for a while, then the new patch made it unplayable for me (my rig sucked then). I actually stumbled upon FH a while before that, but had always thought I wouldn't be able to run it properly... Years passed and I almost forgot about BF 1942... Then one day I reinstalled it and remembered FH, so I downloaded it and to my surprise it worked! Wasn't really nice looking, but it worked! I was stalking this forum for a while then, and always wondered how does FH2 look like? So I decided to buy a new rig, and BF2 and try it out... And I must say it's great!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 26-02-2011, 03:02:10 »
2008? I stopped playing BF42 online (which wasn't much), heard about the Operation Desert Storm (?) mod for the BF. While looking for it, I saw a link that said Forgotten Hope, and had a PzIII pic with it. Since I grew tired of all the PzIV+Tiger vs Sherman+M10 I checked it out. From the awesome camo-pattern site I discovered the weapons/vehicles link. WHOAH. That shit had everything. It was immediatelly in my head that I should tell Bffan about it, and he downloaded it, and we tried it out. Then I started to play with him, my nick: Master Chief. FH1 was the best. It still is the best but Bffan got me to play FH2 and join the forum. My first topic was about the Panther G and its gun mantle. I know I pissed Mudra off, lol. Now I'm smarter and I miss FH1...
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 15-03-2011, 13:03:30 »
Got bored of Desert Combat after a while and BF Pirates servers were full only during weekends so I went and checked if there were any other mods. I saw FH had released new version, one of the early versions probably the second release. Had seen it before and wasn't interested as I thought I had no need for it as it looked much like normal BF42. Still I downloaded it out of boredom, went to their website and checked what was new about the mod. Then I saw it had loads of new maps, vehicles and weapons so I got really interested about it after all.

But what really got me into it after I played it was the flight physics they were so awesome, sadly can't say the same about FH2. :(

Offline BATTERIESc

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 19-03-2011, 13:03:14 »
on youtube just looking around.

Offline AlexS66

• A fine English gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 19-03-2011, 13:03:24 »
I became good friends with Josh094 around the schoolyard and i'd recently bought Fh2 went round his house and played el-alamein and it was love at first sight.

Ive battled with the highs and low's of overkill and shader problems with the utmost respect for the game ever since. Its not a download, it's a living thing.

Offline Violator

• Pvt. Parts
    • View Profile
    • m3h f4c3b00k
« Reply #56 on: 19-03-2011, 14:03:51 »
My mate and his stepdad loved BF1942, and when I first started playing they had been playing for a few years already, and practically beat off to FH1.

Fast Forward a few years, add a bit of obsession with WWII and the weapons thereof, and BAM, I need myself a WWII mod for BF2. Really, all I wanted to do was play with the Karabiner 98 Kurz, but eh, mods are fun right?

Remembering all the hype my mate had for FH1, I figured the FH team would might have something up its sleeve. Lo and Behold, I was correct. Just annoying that I haven't had a chance to play it properly til about now lol

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 19-03-2011, 15:03:58 »
Better late than never.

-Svea-Livgarde-

« Reply #58 on: 23-03-2011, 01:03:55 »
Played Battlefield 2 and someone complaied how unrealistic it was, and the answer was go play Project reality or Forgotten Hope. So after reading a bit I tried FH2 and was stunned by its realism. Lucky me to see that conversation.

Offline S1lv3rWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 24-03-2011, 12:03:38 »
Found it listed on ModDB, but didn't have Battlefield 2 at the time, in fact, I bought Battlefield 2 (albeit on Steam) for the sole purpose of playing FH2. ;D