Author Topic: modding problem  (Read 880 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
modding problem
« on: 17-01-2010, 01:01:57 »
I downloaded a map from the BFSP forums, Kasserine Pass, and i was looking to put it into FH for my fun and personal singleplayer use. Now I played the map in BF2 to see if it worked, which it did, and I just transferred it over into the FH2 levels folder and edited the GPO.con and init.con in order for it to work in FH. the only thing I did different was I took the level settings part of Mareth Line's init.con (just the part with the kits) and replaced the kits in Kasserine pass with that. Also I changed the British Kits and player models to American Ones from I think Operation Luttich. I also changed the part with flags and voices to American. But whenever I load the map I crash when i hit Join game, just before the kit selection pops up and I get no error message. I also tried to switch the American kits to British again but it won't work.... Any ideas on what happened?

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: modding problem
« Reply #1 on: 17-01-2010, 01:01:49 »
Run the Game in Windowed Mode and show us whats the problem.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-01-2010, 02:01:11 »
Thats just it.... I run in windowed mode it doesn't give me an error. Now what I just did was I changed the P47 for a P-51 and I changed the init con back to the German vs American one that I made. but still I crash. I thought it might have been the p-47 because maybe it wasn't ready or something I'm not sure but I don't think that was the problem.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #3 on: 17-01-2010, 02:01:19 »
Are you running this in singleplayer or as a local conquest server?  Did you edit the right gameplayobjects.con?  Is the original map navmeshed (since I assume its SP).  Are all the vehicles you're using AI compatable (P51 and definitly P47 are not)?  Are you still referenceing any vBF2 vehicles or weapons?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-01-2010, 03:01:16 »
Yes its singleplayer... it is navmeshed... I did edit the right one... And no Im not using any vBF2 weapons or vehicles. Just statics But im sure if it was that it would have given me an error report. Also I do have the P-51 in but if it isn't ai compatible then wouldn't the AI just not use it? I dont think it would crash.

Edit: Okay I took the P-51 out and I tried again and it still crashes. I then tried it in COOP and it worked... But the GPO.con for COOP is still with vBF2 vehicles so no vehicles spawned up.

Edit: Okay I just copied and pasted the GPO.con from singleplayer int the COOP one. I just copied the whole thing, like I opened the GPO.con and pasted the text from SP and it crashed... so Its cuz of something in there. Or is it cuz of something in the SP GPO.con that lets it know its SP?

Edit Again: Okay found out it was some sort of Sherman I put in there "m4a1early_eu"? don't know why but that doesn't work. Now I take that out and everytime I spawn up I get maybe five seconds into the game and it crashes... No error report again.
« Last Edit: 17-01-2010, 04:01:40 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-01-2010, 05:01:05 »
The "m4a1early_eu" was one of the causes of Goodwood CTD's in SP, but it was fixed in 2.25. I don't know why it'd be causing a problem, unless you're still running 2.2?

You'd be better off looking/asking for a solution on BFSP. There may even be a tutorial over there for importing maps into different mods.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-01-2010, 16:01:52 »
Yeah I'll take this problem over there. Its very frusterating considering I Transfer maps all the time. Last night I transferred Battleaxe over without one problem. Oh well Thanks anyway guys.