Author Topic: AJ51's Italian Tobruk Night battle - crashing  (Read 1036 times)

Offline gijas04

• View Profile
AJ51's Italian Tobruk Night battle - crashing
« on: 04-10-2010, 09:10:45 »
Have a problem with this map crashing during gameplay. I installed the map but there was an extra folder called AJ51's original Armies and loadout that has two files inside called GamePlayObjects.con and Init.con? I found the Init.con in the main FH2 directory but not the other file. My question is do I replace the Init.con file or back it up then replace it and where do I place the GamePlayObjects.con at? Do I backup the original for that file as well? The download for the map came with no install directions...
« Last Edit: 04-10-2010, 09:10:43 by gijas04 »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: AJ51's Italian Tobruk Night battle - crashing
« Reply #1 on: 04-10-2010, 10:10:15 »
Yes, you might want to backup. The gameplayobjects.con is in server.zip\gamemodes\gmp_coop for COOP and SP3 for singleplayer. It changes vehicles from mostly Italain back  to German, as set by AJ51. The init.con switches armies from Aussie and Italian to Brit and German. It does have an outdated gameplayobjects.con though. I'd recommend playing it as it was without the replacement ie. Aussie versus Italian.

If you must restore, go to the  server.zip\gamemodes\gmp_coop and init.con in the daylight tobruk map and use those instead, as those are up to date. The map might be ctding during gameplay because of the flare gun. I will make a new init.con to get rid of the flare gun

« Last Edit: 04-10-2010, 10:10:53 by djinn »

Offline gijas04

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-10-2010, 18:10:15 »

The map might be ctding during gameplay because of the flare gun. I will make a new init.con to get rid of the flare gun

Thanks. I found the file in the Tobruk Night battle level folder. Not sure what's crashing the map though but it's usually only about 1-3 minutes into gameplay so just right after I start the match. The flare gun crashing makes since.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-10-2010, 21:10:09 »
If u dont mind a bit of mod work, try opening a copy of the init.con in textpad. Do the same for the one in default tobruk.

Copy the Brit class list from that and replace that in the night map i.e the Aussies. then copy it back to the map. Should solve the ctd.

If you dont care for Italians at all, replace the entire file with the default tobruk day map. Do the same for gameplayobjects.con for the German 2.3 vehicle list instead

Offline gijas04

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-10-2010, 00:10:31 »
I think I got it since I played two full rounds without it crashing. You were right. I just copied the original Init.con and GamePlayObjects files from the AJ51's original Armies and loadout folder to the Tobruk Night battle level folder. It worked. Didn't want the Italian's anyway.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-10-2010, 07:10:06 »
Pitty. I guess my plan was to make it a nod to the fh1 tobruk which was aussie and italian. Well, need to get tweaking, might be the same ctd with Hyacinth

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-10-2010, 09:10:10 »
Btw, epic tracer funfair, no? Now here's what Tobruk outskirts should look like