Author Topic: Today is a victory for freedom of speech.  (Read 3877 times)

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
Re: Today is a victory for freedom of speech.
« Reply #15 on: 23-06-2011, 23:06:07 »
Its not the thought that counts.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23-06-2011, 23:06:53 »
Better outlaw all cults and religions then.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24-06-2011, 00:06:44 »
Id like to see him scentenced. What for you ask? He contiously manipulates people with weakened shields for indoctrination and chickin behaviour. He knows how to bend them, shape them and eventually create them.

you sound like the chinese government, smiles.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24-06-2011, 00:06:16 »
Id like to see him scentenced. What for you ask? He contiously manipulates people with weakened shields for indoctrination and chickin behaviour. He knows how to bend them, shape them and eventually create them.

Indeed he does ;). I'm glad he wasn't given a sentence, I really don't care who he is.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24-06-2011, 00:06:04 »

Indeed he does ;). I'm glad he wasn't given a sentence, I really don't care who he is.

Well not exactly since the Chineese government is known to do the same as he does.
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24-06-2011, 00:06:27 »

Sure go ahead. But please prioritise and dont overreact.
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24-06-2011, 00:06:09 »

Sure go ahead. But please prioritise and dont overreact.

Smiles, you really are a scary person. You seriously are sounding like the Chinese government.

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24-06-2011, 00:06:17 »
he could have had his dreamjob 20 years ago in east germany
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #23 on: 24-06-2011, 00:06:52 »
he could have had his dreamjob 20 years ago in east germany
Time flies, the DDR didn't exist anymore 20 years ago.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24-06-2011, 01:06:49 »
This man is hard to follow sometimes. While I think his opinions are his, and that his non-guilty completion of this court case is an excellent victory for the idea of free speech. The man himself I have issue with.

In his other moments, he tries to illustrate an Islam that is a totalitarian political force, that is slowly dominating the west. While I do not disagree that the political correctness applied to the religion of Islam is unjustified, or that Islam has become more of a political ideology than a religious one, I do not understand why this man advocates injecting western religions into the same political climate.

Saying that you want countries to include clauses in their constitutions and legal documents advocating a varied set of western religions, and banning the practice of Islam, is as bad as Islamist's shouting 'cry wolf' on the radio about insult to the religion. It solves nothing but to create a bigger divide between the two. I'm all for the saving of Western Culture, but not if religions become politicized anymore than they already are.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24-06-2011, 01:06:10 »
Well Archi, at least you disagreed with him in more intellectual manner: exchanging opinions.

I dislike McCarthyism as much as this. Don't like the guy too, but an opinion is an opinion and I judge him based on that. My moderate Muslim friends say that they shouldn't care, that is to act like most Christians when you put their deity and leaders into a joke:

But there is a limit they say. An act like flushing the holy book down the WC being practiced in Guantanamo is way off the chart. The fanatics are surely vocal, but the moderates are now gaining voice too. Politics is all about scaremongering nowadays, the bring fear to the public, and this one seems to be a success.

The phenomenon of right-wing popularity in Europe, and especially in the Netherlands, makes me want to say: you guys out there smoked too much pot and make impaired judgment.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24-06-2011, 02:06:47 »
 ZMP,
 the problem is that the Dutchie's don't smoke enough of their own pot.

Wilders is the personification of the resurgent movement towards ultra-conservatism in Europe.Personally, this just scares the crap out of me,
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24-06-2011, 02:06:32 »

But there is a limit they say. An act like flushing the holy book down the WC being practiced in Guantanamo is way off the chart. The fanatics are surely vocal, but the moderates are now gaining voice too. Politics is all about scaremongering nowadays, the bring fear to the public, and this one seems to be a success.

You realize that was a fake story, right?  Like the news magazine that reported it came out and admited that they made it up?

Also, moderate muslims, at least in this country, scare the crap out of me more than the radical christians.  The radical christians just want gays to not marry, raise kids, and seek help for their sins.  The moderate muslims at UC Irvine wanted gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transexuals to be killed.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24-06-2011, 02:06:51 »
Well, I guess that leaves the Asexuals safe

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Miklas

• Ingame: Calle_XVI
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24-06-2011, 02:06:07 »
Yeah, like no other politician does the same...

I say what what a famous French philosopher said: I may not agree with your opinion, but I will fight to my death so you can say it.