Author Topic: Proof god exists  (Read 13066 times)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Re: Proof god exists
« Reply #15 on: 21-04-2010, 05:04:21 »
Desertfox, why did you start it?
I wasn't trying to :-\ I was trying to convince people to avoid this :-[

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21-04-2010, 05:04:42 »
In threads liek these just dont say anything related to opinion and you can prevent the war!

Can prevent Flamewars! Stop them before they happen!

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #17 on: 21-04-2010, 05:04:14 »
By separation of church and state....

LOL....Seperation of church and state is just the retard version that seems to have caught on.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...    

Also to take another dump on whoever was bitching about the pledge of allegiance removing god.  I was pissed off about that myself.  That is until I found out that it was changed in the 50's to include god.  So I say change it back.  I remember just mumbling that part anyway in school because I felt wrong not having a deep belief in god and saying it out loud.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21-04-2010, 05:04:19 »
Exactly, it was added as a "we're different from the godless commies" move.  I think it should be removed purely for those reasons, it was never there in the first place.

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21-04-2010, 06:04:15 »
Hell, a significant number of the founding fathers weren't even Christians--they were deists, believing in a mechanistic universe, and thus Jesus was not divine to them. Quite trendy during the enlightenment too.

And regarding this:

LOL....Seperation of church and state is just the retard version that seems to have caught on.

Separation of Church and State was first endorsed by Thomas Jefferson in 1802. (For this sin Texas did this to him.)

The Constitution, Bill of Rights, etc., are often frustratingly vague. Relying solely on a document that can be interpreted both ways is foolishness; if you cannot make a good point without relying on the wishes of people dead for 200 years, then you likely cannot make a good argument at all, imo.
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21-04-2010, 07:04:27 »
Oh man. I am taking a class solely on Religion and Politics. I am writing a 20 page paper about the topic with the founders as evidence. I've read everything there is to read from Jefferson/Madison/Locke/Washington on religon. Remonstrance, Farewell Address of 1796, Vriginia Statute. Let's not even get into it or I will own you all  :o

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21-04-2010, 07:04:43 »
That's not doing the pro-religion mob any favours, is it?

Having an article entitled: "Is there a God?" on a religious website... ::)

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #22 on: 21-04-2010, 08:04:52 »
Thats like hosting a poll on this forum asking if 'FH2 is fun' and be surprised that the majority votes yes  ;D

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21-04-2010, 08:04:22 »
As Doc rightly points out, that article was one for the dumpster. All the same arguments with no validity. Belief is personal and thus can't be used to state an argument.

Anyhow the only god proof I need, which also says what happened to him, is this nice quote made by D. N. Adams in the HG2G:
Now it is such a bizarrely improbably coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful [the Babel fish] could have evolved by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
The argument goes something like this:
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED"
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21-04-2010, 10:04:30 »
I have proof that God(s) do not exist. Why? Because Angelina Jolie still hasn't called me. Scientifically, this is about as accurate as the original article.

Actually, the quote from HG2G is spot on: if the existence of God(s) can be proved, belief in one is just about as meaningful as "belief" in gravity.

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21-04-2010, 12:04:18 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcncPpQ8loA

Q.E.D.

Anyhow the only god proof I need, which also says what happened to him, is this nice quote made by D. N. Adams in the HG2G:
Now it is such a bizarrely improbably coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful [the Babel fish] could have evolved by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
The argument goes something like this:
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED"
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

/lame ego boost.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21-04-2010, 16:04:04 »
This article just convinces me that Science is amazing.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21-04-2010, 16:04:33 »
I will read the article tonight.

I like the bible, the first major error in it is already in line 26. Way to go guys :D

Can you spot it?
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Offline Tolga<3

• (No longer) terrorizing terrorists. :<
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21-04-2010, 18:04:49 »
ALL OF YOU
Epilepsy is bad.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21-04-2010, 18:04:08 »
Everytime someone tries to tell me creationism is a science I see a big "retard" in red print flashing in front of their faces...
Other than that I don't really care what people believe and I don't think religion is "dumb" or unneeded.