Author Topic: AA and Shader issues  (Read 608 times)

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
AA and Shader issues
« on: 12-04-2014, 19:04:00 »
Hey FH2 Team, first congrats to the amazing new patch.

So what I am about to report is basically not a "Bug" but more of a technical issue. It isn't new and I already opened a thread about it a while ago in the tech section but I didn't recieve any help with it. Since it didn't change in 2.46 I decided to "report" it here.

The following was noticed:

When using Bf2 standart AA, no matter the strengh:
"Bloody Screen" and Suppression Blur won't work.

When using external Nvidia AA (activated by Contol Panel), no matter the strengh: "Bloody Screen" works, Suppression Blur won't.

When disableing every AA: Game looks sh*tty, but both Shader effects will work.

FXAA helps a little and has no impact on the Shader effects. Powerlines and wires will still look extremely ugly ingame.

SweetFX SMAA has no effect at all.

Bf2 reinstall didn't help. Fh2 reinstall didn't help. Updating and reinstalling Nivida Drivers didn't help. I'm using a GTX 660 Ti OC 2GB.

So I have some hours of testing behind me and can't find a fitting solution for me. One shouldn't have to decide between good graphics and atmospheric effects.

Questions: Has anybody an idea how to fix this? Did andybody notice the same? Am I the only one with this issue?

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: AA and Shader issues
« Reply #1 on: 12-04-2014, 21:04:14 »
I don't know all the technical issues about this. But i believe this is a known bug for nvidia cards and that we have not found a working solution for it.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-04-2014, 22:04:38 »
That would be very unfortunate.  :P I was afraid of this.

Anyway I'd like to go safe and gather some more intel on this before I "give up".

So please comunity or Devs let me know if theres a solution or anybody has the same problem.
« Last Edit: 12-04-2014, 22:04:10 by Darman »

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-04-2014, 14:04:16 »
But i believe this is a known bug for nvidia cards

There was a time when Nvidia drivers gave the best experience in just about everything out there, not anymore.

Up until about 3-4 mths ago I was all set to replace my ageing Radeon 4850 with a Nvidia 760 but then started to notice the problems the latest drivers from Nvidia were causing in all sorts of stuff I use, so in the end I stuck with AMD and got a R9 280.

Bit of a bummer really, as I really fancied a change to Nvidia after 5yrs of ATI/AMD....but what can you do.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-04-2014, 16:04:03 »
I've started withe Nvidia and went with Nvidia card all the time.
And I still believe they got some advantages.

I won't change to AMD. My card is running fine for every game out there. This is the first time I'm experiencing any trouble with it. And I sure won't spend money just because of the suppression effects of FH2, as awesome as they might be.
Cmon guys, there must be a solution to this. PR shader effect work just fine. What's so different about FH2?