Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29592 times)

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #120 on: 07-08-2013, 12:08:47 »
Why? We play 2.45 version too.  ::)
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 07-08-2013, 13:08:55 »
Because tournaments are only sporadic. The wast majority of the FH2 rounds being played takes place on public servers, meaning 762.

(Where you refering to the tournament statement?)

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #122 on: 07-08-2013, 13:08:45 »
Yes!

In public servers you don't find such great tankers to test your skills...
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 07-08-2013, 13:08:26 »
Yeah, because 88mm rounds bounced off Sherman's side...  ::)
And Cromwell was uber heavy tank for Allies...
And Churchill could won 1 vs 1 against tiger frontally...
Btw Bouras, is that you're account - click Seems like you played this game in 2011 last time. Maybe it's high time to install it again and check how it is in reality...  ::)

Maybe the round went right through killing just crewmates? Maybe it indeed bounced, it is a round after all.
Maybe you shouldnt go face to face with a churchill then?

That is my online account for FH2 which had a fake e mail and a pasword i cannot remember/recall so is lost. Last time i played was about a month ago on the FHT tournament. I would not speak if i was not sure of things.

Also i happen to play sometimes on the Gamenights organized from FHT. Again with a random account.
« Last Edit: 07-08-2013, 13:08:47 by MaJ.P.Bouras »

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 07-08-2013, 14:08:20 »
Yes!

In public servers you don't find such great tankers to test your skills...

I know that FlH has beaten us in the community war, and I have high respect for ONE of your tankers and his skill - namely slepovo. But I don't like this elite kind of thinking. I am quite sure, that there are some damn good tankers out there who are on one level with your elitist tankers.

@Bouras: How can you call yourself skilled or not skilled, when every of your engagement is based on luck and randomness? This has nothing to do with skill and that's the point that you are misunderstanding. How can I use the 2pdr on Mount Olympus and show my skill, when every shot is unpredictably spraying somewhere?

OT: a bit of randomness in tanking is good, and I think 2.4 was a version where the FH2 devs succeeded with this as different weapon systems were nicely balanced. There were a few problems with the Marder and the Cromwell, some strange situations with angle mod that we all notice from time to time and the mortar snipers were a bit OP. But overall the whole damage model worked better and the relation of the firepower of the different guns and armor values of tanks worked better.

There is no question for me that the devs intented the current system and tested it. But what I don't understand is the fact, is the tone against community member, after they give their feedback and criticism. Where is the point of changing names of theads without the request of the thread starter? People always whine about censorship and what else, but this is no tad better. We had this in the past here in this forum and the situation has still not changed.  :(

I don't like the tone of Mudzin aswell, but what do devs expect? When I change something and people play it and say that they don't like it, I have to deal with it. And to say "I don't care for it" is certainly not the right way to keep this mod alive. I know about the development situation, but please keep in mind how people will understand such a statement. Shouldn't we think about compromises then?
« Last Edit: 07-08-2013, 15:08:06 by 5hitm4k3r »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 07-08-2013, 15:08:17 »
Why don't you see that devs, moderators and betas are tired of this bullshit? After a year I have enough of listening that we haven't test something or we are too stupid or blind that we haven't seen this or that. And I'm only a beta tester, so what do devs feel about their work after seeing all those posts? Not every patch must be perfect. Everyone wanted 2.45 to be better than previous one but something went wrong and it isn't easy to fix some bugs or design mistakes. Keep repeating your points is just fucking annoying, especially because we get your points after the first reports. Many bugs have been fixed since last release but probably there is no enough active devs to finish the next patch. They have their RL problems, vacations, anything. I don't see a reason for devs to come back to active modding when I see a bunch of ungreatful fucks like Mudzin who not only criticise a lot of good work but think that they are better and smarter that everyone else here. Not to mention that some of them also want to make their own rules on this forum. IMO all those whiners already killed this mod and it's just a matter of time for FH2 to bleed out. I believe that no one want to work just to see negative response on their entire work because of few broken things in the mod. You want go back to 2.4? Seriously? Go fuck yourselfs instead.

Just my two cents, don't bother to response I don't even mind if I will get banned for this post, this game is almost dead anyway.
« Last Edit: 07-08-2013, 16:08:31 by jan_kurator »

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 07-08-2013, 16:08:49 »
You want go back to 2.4? Seriously?

Yep.

Go fuck yourselfs instead.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 07-08-2013, 17:08:17 »
So Jan tell me what 2.45 update brought relevant comparing to 2.4, relating to gameplay aspect only?

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 07-08-2013, 17:08:08 »
So Jan tell me what 2.45 update brought relevant comparing to 2.4

Broken tank combat...now be quiet and show your gratitude ;)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 07-08-2013, 17:08:43 »
Jan, there was a point when the FH2 developers got alot of praise for their professionalism and high standards and they rightfuly deserved that and there are alot of points where they are still damn professional. Just take a look at the current state of the beta and the last news. It looks just damn good.

Now after 2.45 things have changed, but not to the good. People keep critizising the current situation until it changes, that's the nature of it. That's how you have to deal with problems in your RL and in your daily bussiness aswell. Or do you say to your boss, that he should go fuck himself, after he critizises you? When you spend some time on the server you will see that people are really interested in this project and ask what is going on. This mod is far, far away from being dead. Otherwise we would not have such active discussions and allmost 24/7 a good populated server.

If devs, moderators, beta testers (you Jan aswell as me) aswell as the players want to see FH2 going strong in the future, then insulting the players and the supporting community is certainly not professional or the way to reach this goal, but in the same way it is not the right way to insult the developers and testers. Besides this do I have the opinion, that this should be a quite openminded community that is open for praise aswell as for critics and free discussions, so why don't we stop the bitching and bury our hostile attitudes? Is my question too offensive to deal with it so that you have to tell me that I should go fuck myself?

The same question goes do Mudzin and Defibkiller aswell btw.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 07-08-2013, 17:08:26 »
So Jan tell me what 2.45 update brought relevant comparing to 2.4

Broken tank combat...now be quiet and show your gratitude ;)
I'm sorry, but you guys really make the impression like you want to be seen as whiners. Everything which is posted by a dev/admin/betatester is not good enough for you guys. And when someone else posts something along the lines of a dev/admin/tester (and therefore disagreeing with you guys), he is an "ass licker". Really mature.  ::)

And in the meantime, this is all off-topic. So, like I suggested before:
Also, this is turning into a Catch 22 thread quite fast, so it would be nice if it could be on topic again.

Agreed with 5hitm4k3r on the hostilities, it brings us nowhere.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 07-08-2013, 19:08:19 »
Wow, this thread is quite depressing, I mean seriously, I wasn't happy with everything 2.45 brought (yes, tank combat blah blah blah) but some people here are acting as if it completely destroyed the game, and the responses are just fucking rude. Dev's don't owe you anything, you don't pay them, stop acting as if your were their bosses or something. Go play some other game or wait for the next patch.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 07-08-2013, 19:08:08 »
Answering the question that the thread title asks: Yes, there is some. End of discussion.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 07-08-2013, 21:08:40 »
This thread has lost it's purpose, moderators/admins/devs delete it out of existence, leave no traces behind.

Shall no one speak about this thread ever again.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 07-08-2013, 23:08:18 »
The angle mod works as intended.  The only problem with it is that many of the vehicle meshes are not totally optimized for it since they were created long before its implementation (the cromwell being an aforementioned example). Even with a mesh being fully optimized with the angle mod taken into account, there would still be the odd bug.

Also, in response to those that accuse the testing team or developers of not being aware of certain issues or bugs: the team is aware of many of them even before the release of a patch, but you have to set priorities and deadlines in order to get anything completed.  If the developers stopped to fix every single issue then we would never be able to release anything in a "timely" manner.  Sometimes you have to just say "good enough" until you can find the time to deal with an issue.

You also have to take into account that development of the mod and activity of each individual dev is sporadic, so not all issues can be dealt with at certain times.

The factors that dictate what gets done are usually one of the following:

1. Time
In the case of the angle mod; going through and fixing all the vehicle meshes is a very time consuming process and one that you sometimes have to set aside in order to progress in another area of development.

2. Availability
Each developer has experienced their own period of inactivity or limited availability.  Sometimes this can seriously slow down progress in development due to a dev being critical in a specific area (coding, modelling, mapping, etc).

3. Iterations and Experimentation
There has always been a lot of trial and error behind the scenes with the mechanics of the mod.  Systems like the angle mod, damage factors, vehicle physics and coding, etc are so complicated because of the many variables and assets that are affected by sometimes the smallest change. As someone mentioned before, sometimes fixing or resolving one bug can create yet another problem.

I personally found the angle mod and related changes to be a good thing, but it does definitely have some serious issues.  However, I don't believe anyone on the team expected to not be able to resolve those issues in the future...it just so happened that for the last several months or more development has slowed to a crawl for one reason or another.  What I can tell you is that there is A TON of content that has yet to be released, so I hope that development picks up again so everyone can enjoy it all!

As a final note: What I mentioned in this post is from my personal perspective and might not be 100% accurate in terms of the technical stuff.  I also have not been active playing the game for a while now (though I was active post-2.45).