Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 305334 times)

Offline Tolga<3

• (No longer) terrorizing terrorists. :<
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #435 on: 22-04-2012, 03:04:25 »
What would you rather lose?

Sight
Hearing
Taste
Touch
Smell

I would go for smell.

All or nothin.

Had a new run with das Polo, beat my previous record in the picture, also went 4 km/h faster than Volkswagen tests for top speed on the particular model but couldn't catch pic at the time... it (2011 Polo GTI) starts swerving side to side after 220. Ran into similar problems in Peugeot 207 after 210 km/h so meh... don't get either of the two if you plan to speed.
Epilepsy is bad.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 22-04-2012, 05:04:35 »
European cars... cheap but still with the quality.

Locally made Japanese car will kill you: no airbag, no safe cage (steel reinforced zone chassis), featureless overpriced crap (yes, due to sole distributor agents and weird car sales law here). It is basically designed to carry more people and consume less fuel.

left - Toyota Avanza/Daihatsu Xenia, right - Peugeot 206.

Korean brands are much better and reasonably priced. But since people cared so much about resale value (used Toyota and Honda models still retains 70-80% of its value in 4 years), they can overprice as much as they want.

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 22-04-2012, 06:04:50 »
I post this for the free people of the world to view! (I am Pasqueegee)

« Last Edit: 22-04-2012, 06:04:34 by arisaka92 »

Offline Tolga<3

• (No longer) terrorizing terrorists. :<
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 22-04-2012, 06:04:21 »
The Belgian offends me :| I've had the pleasure of chatting with a few people from this forum but not so much as a Christmas card from Theta :/

European cars... cheap but still with the quality.

Locally made Japanese car will kill you: no airbag, no safe cage (steel reinforced zone chassis), featureless overpriced crap (yes, due to sole distributor agents and weird car sales law here). It is basically designed to carry more people and consume less fuel.

left - Toyota Avanza/Daihatsu Xenia, right - Peugeot 206.

Korean brands are much better and reasonably priced. But since people cared so much about resale value (used Toyota and Honda models still retains 70-80% of its value in 4 years), they can overprice as much as they want.

I've shown a pic (on this thread) of what a 2011 Volkswagen looks like when it hits a tree doing 110 km/h. Its not a pretty sight to say the least.

« Last Edit: 22-04-2012, 06:04:10 by Tolga<3 »
Epilepsy is bad.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 23-04-2012, 09:04:45 »
Had a new run with das Polo, beat my previous record in the picture, also went 4 km/h faster than Volkswagen tests for top speed on the particular model but couldn't catch pic at the time... it (2011 Polo GTI) starts swerving side to side after 220. Ran into similar problems in Peugeot 207 after 210 km/h so meh... don't get either of the two if you plan to speed.

Why, oh why would you go for a Polo GTI? That's like buying a 30x overpriced go-cart...*shakeshead*

My 2003 VW Passat Variant with 130HP does 220km/h as well, is stable at that speed, can load 500kg cargo while doing that speed and costs less than a Polo GTI. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 23-04-2012, 13:04:57 »
You are less cool driving a Passat than someone driving a Polo GTI, true story.
But you probably don't care about that, i wouldn't either, so you are right.

Atm i got to stick to my Polo III though, it gets to 160 km/h but then you are ready to take off and you think that loud, vibrating little fireball is going to explode any second. Going that speed not recommended when it is a windy day. And yea its ugly. But im fine with it, driving mostly local traffic anyway. That little thing fits in every parking spot, a Passat doesnt btw :P
« Last Edit: 23-04-2012, 13:04:02 by Surfbird »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #441 on: 23-04-2012, 13:04:12 »
Yet have to test the limit of my 2 liter injection engine with 115hp. Audi lists the top speed as 200km/h but knowing Audi it's a bit higher.. Produces a lovely sound though, even if it has only 4 cylinders.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 23-04-2012, 15:04:20 »
Finally received the two books I ordered: "Battle For Narva 1944" and "Tigers In The Mud". On top of that, Boardwalk Empire's second teaser for season 3 came out today too. Week starts nicely at least.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 23-04-2012, 15:04:41 »

I've shown a pic (on this thread) of what a 2011 Volkswagen looks like when it hits a tree doing 110 km/h. Its not a pretty sight to say the least.

Well,

This happened in a highway 80 km/h vs. 100 km/h head on. (We drive on the right)
The inverted white car is 2011 Hyundai Tucson and the wrecked silver crossover is 2009 Honda CR-V, no deaths, only minor injuries. The Tucson lose control, hit the railings and flew over the CR-V, with its right front tire hitting the CR-V's right windshield column. Then it flips over.

The Tucson still remains largely intact, while almost the entire left side completely shattered. The passenger cabin however, the steel cage does it job properly.
« Last Edit: 23-04-2012, 15:04:05 by Zoologic »

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #444 on: 23-04-2012, 21:04:22 »
Best part of Today? Good day at work, lot of things done but still a lot to do.

Another good part, a new episode of Mad Men with Roger Sterling being Roger Sterling. Awesome.

Worst? I made an application for a manager position at a large company in Sweden. Applied several months ago knowing that their recruiting is very slow and it might take some time before they give a callback and book the interview.

After several months they finally said something.

By email.

Saying they had gone on with other applicants.

I'm no grumpy old man and I know how big companies work and that the wheels turns slowly. I have no issues with that. But, I think there's something wrong when you apply, spend your time with an application and all and send it in and you do your best and all you get is an email back from an no reply address.

That's just wrong in my book but still, big companies...

Better luck next time.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 23-04-2012, 22:04:36 »
Just came home from the restaurant, with my and my gf's family, celebrating my birthday. I ate the best rump steak ever! and I'm so content now.  :)

@Fuchs: Oh say is that minecrafting server still down?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #446 on: 23-04-2012, 23:04:14 »
It's been up for a long time now, haven't been on it for a few days though. Tell me on Steam when you get on so I can teleport you to our 'civilization'.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 24-04-2012, 20:04:54 »
Vote's up tomorrow, will be voting for the capitalists, just to make sure everything stays like in the age of the SpaceSuttel. Oh and there will be poffertjes

Edit: and beer...
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 24-04-2012, 21:04:12 »
lulz @ minecraft. Playing with blocks for adults.  ;D

(Although secretly I played it for a while and got pretty into it).
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 24-04-2012, 21:04:57 »
Do any of you poopwads own Mount & Blade Warband?  If so we should all get The Deluge Mod and play it together.