Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 305346 times)

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #270 on: 04-04-2012, 15:04:48 »
High five Smiles  :P

Are we just that childish or noone cared enough to notice  ;D?
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 04-04-2012, 17:04:37 »
So, i have my fist night shift coming up next week, i have to work from 10 till 6, i will get home with some luck at 8 in the morning, anybody got some ProTips?
http://www.varusteleka.com/product/food-and-drink/scho-ka-kola-100-g-tin-can/_35P0SWIVD

You're welcome.
My friend bought three tins of those for our InterRail trip last summer, they are delicious. Not a replacement for coffee though.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 04-04-2012, 17:04:25 »
So, i have my fist night shift coming up next week, i have to work from 10 till 6, i will get home with some luck at 8 in the morning, anybody got some ProTips?
http://www.varusteleka.com/product/food-and-drink/scho-ka-kola-100-g-tin-can/_35P0SWIVD

You're welcome.
My friend bought three tins of those for our InterRail trip last summer, they are delicious. Not a replacement for coffee though.

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/fast-lane

I have a box I mean to try out sometime. Their Morning Thunder Tea isnt bad.

As for working a night shift...the day of the first night shift, wake up early at a normal time, and dont go to sleep till you get off work and get home. Youll end up with 24+ hours without sleep, but this is the best way to reset. Exhaust yourself then go to sleep at the bedtime you want to set. The same thing when switching back to days. Stay up after your normal night shift bedtime all the way till 10 or whatever you want to reset to.

I dont know what you will be doing on night shift, but I do recommend staying busy with something. Coffee is a morning thing for me, so I tend to drink tea during the night. Dont underestimate the caffeine in a few cups of strong black coffee. ; )
« Last Edit: 04-04-2012, 17:04:39 by Flyboy1942 »

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 07-04-2012, 02:04:03 »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #274 on: 07-04-2012, 10:04:16 »
That website is the bastion of truth! Although I make more hours a week, sad state of affairs that is. And I hate mashed food.. But I love jokes about Germans!

A Dutch man sees a man on his knees using his hand to drink water from one of Amsterdam’s canal.

He walks up to him and says in Dutch “Hey – you can’t drink that water, it’s dirty and will make you sick”.

The tourist shouts back in German: “Was sagen Sie?“ (What are you saying?)

The Dutch man responds in German: “Sie sollen mit zwei haende trinken, das geht besser!” (Use both hands, it’s much better!”)
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 07-04-2012, 10:04:20 »
Evil Dutchmen

Like in the Austin Powers movie.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 07-04-2012, 11:04:33 »
Awesome site that. Remarkable how many things that seem so normal here are foreign to others.

And all of it's true, of course.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 07-04-2012, 11:04:33 »
Hagelslag? We know them as Meisje chocolates, because Dutch girls always bring them to picnic back in colonial era.

Also, I noticed how eerily similar our preference is, except probably Ikea and Licorice, since we don't have them both here.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 07-04-2012, 11:04:42 »
Highly interesting read. Been spending the past hour reading and I am now highly edumacated of dutch culture.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 07-04-2012, 12:04:02 »
Voor de streep geen staanplaatsen!
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 07-04-2012, 13:04:53 »
Voor de streep geen staanplaatsen!
Hahaha! In the town next to me there's a refugeecenter so there's a lot of Mbuena's and Abdullah's traveling with the bus to the city and I sometimes take the bus to school so it's always fun to be on board with all those people who are just flabbergasted at the way things work here. And then theres the bus drivers who are not that good at English; 'for the stripe no standing place!' It confuses them even more, hilarious.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 07-04-2012, 13:04:28 »
I did not know hair gel is such a problem outside NL  ??? Rewally only use it when going out but.. i thought it was a widespread phenomenon
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 10-04-2012, 17:04:33 »
So, today i slipped on the wet floor after taking a shower and fell on the rack where we keep our towels. I hit the rack with the left side of my torso and i seem to have a handpalm size bruise, also under my arm i have a reasonable size bruise, my ass hurts from falling on it. Nothing that bad but rather annoying to be honest.

My question is, do any of you guys had similar things happen where you make a really stupid fall and hurt yourself?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 10-04-2012, 17:04:42 »
Ah, shower falls.. Swift and unexpected and they hurt the most. Sometimes happens, luckily I can do a safe by restoring balance on the right moment to avoid falling.

Hopefully they will fix shower falling in the next patch.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 10-04-2012, 18:04:58 »
My question is, do any of you guys had similar things happen where you make a really stupid fall and hurt yourself?
Funny you should ask that today. Just this afternoon, I tried to jump up to see over something and rammed my thumb into a chair while swinging my arms. My entire nail is purple and bloody.