Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 305233 times)

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #255 on: 04-04-2012, 01:04:11 »
 If you are getting paid, quit whining...

If you are volunteering, write a letter to your MP whinging about unnecessary equipment and costs and get the whole school program axed.

:D ;) :) ;D 8) :P :-*
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #256 on: 04-04-2012, 01:04:16 »
I'm being paid, but if I didn't complain I'd be the odd one out.  The elder of the two caretakers is seriously the most pessimistic guy I've ever met.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 04-04-2012, 01:04:12 »
 it is in the very nature of those who nurse from the public teat to voice their resentments accordingly.

At least your Mum gets a new school to work in, and perhaps the new environment will lift the heavy heart of these caretakers that are probably working the hardest that they have had to in years.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 04-04-2012, 01:04:51 »
That might help, sheik....

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #259 on: 04-04-2012, 01:04:48 »
No, I don't think the new building will have any effect ;D  I'm also of the opinion that you think that I'm being serious, while actually I'm not.  I guess my Mum will like her new office, her temporary one had her desk with the network switch box above her head with its fans whirring away all day long.

I think the caretakers are pretty happy, they say that when they moved all the stuff into the old building (from the now destroyed old-old building), it took them ages.  This time we have some trolleys that they 'borrowed' from a supermarket warehouse.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 04-04-2012, 02:04:31 »
 serious about what?  didn't you notice my judicious application of smiley's?

My point still stands though, show me a public servant that doesn't bitch and moan.  i don't care what country you come from as public servants will always complain.

Doesn't it suck when you have a good job, with benefits and the power of an entire bureaucracy to  bolster your position?   As I tell my friends who work in government, "go dig some holes for minimum wages and you will soon reverse your opinion"

That might help, sheik....

i stopped buying boyardee's, there's something about the GMO products and the new recipes that have turned me off bigtime. At least i still have Kraft dinner and frozen pizza's to tide me over when I don't want to cook and do the subsequent dishes.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 04-04-2012, 02:04:49 »
I haven't had to do frozen/cheap food for awhile, since I'm back to living at home now that I've graduated.  However once I can get into a grad school, I'm going to work on moving out as soon as possible to be with my bf.  Then I'm gonna go back to the usual cheap frozen and canned food. x3

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 04-04-2012, 03:04:42 »
what are you hoping to be after grad school?

Offline sheikyerbouti

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 04-04-2012, 03:04:42 »
 The living at home option expired for me about 14 years ago, enjoy every moment while you still can. especially the little things like having a clean house, a full fridge, clean dishes and LAUNDRY!!!

have you lived with your beau before? if not, you may be in for a surprise if they have any domestic skills applicable to making a house into a home. You don't necessarily need to go back to atomic age cooking a la microwave, with some planning and compatible appetites, it is a cinch to make food ahead of time that will keep you well fed all week long.

Baked potatoes in the fridge (as and when needed), my kick ass frozen Shepherd's pie and some frozen pasta sauce and I can live all week long without really exerting myself. I can only imagine how much easier it becomes with some extra help in the kitchen. (even if they can only be counted on to rinse the plates and set the table)

what are you hoping to be after grad school?
Employed !!!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 04-04-2012, 03:04:28 »
Employed is damn right x3

And Pft, I have to mop the floors, take out trash, wash dishes, and do all my laundry already. :P  Plus I do work for my dad's business on the side.  I have lived on my own for 4 years of college, so I sorta know what it's like.  What I'm not looking forward to is getting a real job and having to deal with the rest of life (bills and taxes x3).

And we haven't lived together on a perm basis, but I've been over at his for a few days in a row several times, and him with me as well.  We are both quite aware of our culinary abilities, plus our cleanliness is rather equal.  But we'll see how it all works out x3

And yah, I learned in college to do things like getting some cheap chicken breast from the grocery store, bread it, grill it, and I'd have enough food for lunch/dinner for the next few days.  Plus, I never ate breakfast, so that helped a lot on money....

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 04-04-2012, 12:04:01 »
High five Smiles  :P

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 04-04-2012, 15:04:43 »
Never ate breakfast, but how ???

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 04-04-2012, 15:04:09 »
I never eat breakfast either.  It makes my tummy feel sick.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 04-04-2012, 15:04:17 »
How do you work/study with that rumbling feeling in your stomach?

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 04-04-2012, 15:04:46 »
Have to it breakfast man... otherwise it will eat your stomach, especially those who don't have much body fat like you. Saving on food while sacrificing health is not okay, cause health bill is always expensive, unless you are covered by "Obamacare"

Just throw in a glass of milk or juice will be a breakfast already.

pre-cooked chicken breast in a poultry shop is very cheap, it only cost me AUD 4.50 per whole. I can eat it for like 2 days. Also cooking pasta is the second cheapest thing, boil it with a bit of salt, throw in some olive oil and garlic, oregano or basil in a cooking pan, and I call it done.