Author Topic: Lack of spread with MG's is a problem that needs fixing  (Read 4813 times)

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
As the title states. Can you make sure that 250 bullets of a static mg, or a controlled deployed one not hit the exact same spot?

Same with flak. Lack of spread with them makes them look and act effectively weightless.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of spread with MG's is a problem that needs fixing
« Reply #1 on: 22-12-2014, 20:12:03 »
They can but there is no point. Suppression has no effect and everything else 1s1k anything.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-12-2014, 20:12:20 »
I don't understand why there is no point. Spread is not only tied to suppression. Having to crawl before shooting makes the weapon be effective on too little occasions anyway.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-12-2014, 20:12:59 »
MG is for setting up ambushes and killing loads of people with an auto rifle. This isn't PR.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-12-2014, 21:12:48 »
So all my bullets need to make the same hole on a wall a hundred meters away. What are you on about?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-12-2014, 21:12:57 »
You are exaggerating. An MG does have spread and certainly doesn't "make the same hole on a wall a hundred meters away".

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-12-2014, 22:12:06 »
And is there anything wrong with it? I've witnessed some absurd situations where the static guns would hit the exact same spot while going full auto. Sure, the infantry mg42 has a tiny kickback with no spread, which a moron can control, but some unattended assets are being understated issues for the gameplay fluency, especially the flaks.

I suggest you check the static machine guns and deployed versions of the infantry machine guns before stating that my point is wrong.
« Last Edit: 22-12-2014, 22:12:10 by Airshark79 »

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-12-2014, 22:12:54 »
This is a small and sensible concern, if you mean to go against me just to follow the tradition don't go for it.

Anyway, this is it from me tonight. No point in arguing or discussing what if's over this, if the devs want to do it then they'll do it, if they don't they won't.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-12-2014, 23:12:29 »
The devs have far more important (and super fun) things up ahead that need to get fixed.
« Last Edit: 22-12-2014, 23:12:43 by Roughbeak »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22-12-2014, 23:12:32 »
What makes you think these machine guns were inaccurate?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23-12-2014, 01:12:04 »
I've witnessed some absurd situations where the static guns would hit the exact same spot while going full auto. Sure, the infantry mg42 has a tiny kickback with no spread...
Static guns are fixed to the surface they're on what makes them much more accurate than their handheld versions (which have spread btw) because recoil is not a big problem with them. Dunno what your intensions are but adding bigger spread to italian planes' .50cal MGs during beta stages of 2.45 made them much more deadly as with high rate of fire you don't even have to aim properly anymore, because you spray larger area with bullets killing everyone inside. That will definately happen with MG42 and I personally don't want to see it even more effective.

This is a small and sensible concern, if you mean to go against me just to follow the tradition don't go for it.
Hurr I might be wrong, but I will ignore all your arguments and say you just go against me for no reason before you even reply durr!

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-12-2014, 06:12:29 »
I've seen an mg hit the exact same fucking spot more than 20 times ffs what the fuck is going on in this thread

Sure lan, we can get away with adding minuscule spread to mg42 but no spread for vickers or bren or mg39 is a fucking retarded decision

Not gonna reply to you ts, savior of operation totalize. The more important question that needs to be asked, what makes you think the ww2 technology let the combatants hit the exact same spot on the surface of a plate 100 meters away, more than 30 times in a row? Did the bullets simply not have any weight, or were they firing laser guided shells with state-of-art gyroscopes?
« Last Edit: 23-12-2014, 20:12:04 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23-12-2014, 11:12:44 »
Airshark did you forget that the Bren was so accurate they resorted to using worn out barrels to get more spread?
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-12-2014, 11:12:44 »
So a whole mag just hit the same spot on the wall, disregarding the kickback. I never knew.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23-12-2014, 12:12:09 »
Again you are exaggerating, like back when you claimed everybody always instantly hit with rifles. You come here with some personal anecdotes when we actually know how the weapons are coded. They have spread, they have recoil (at least the bipod versions) and your impressions are those of a fool, so disregard them.