Author Topic: If armor is going to change in new version = please post new hit box details  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Mobilis_in_Mobili

• VC Firefly & Achilles Crew Apply Here!
    • View Profile
Since allied armor already has the disadvantage of being more vulnerable; the least you could do is post the changes to the 'hit boxes' in the forum; which would be the equivalent of training used in the real war.  Example: I've got disney films meant for anti-tank rifle men that show how panzers are vulnerable - cartoons used in real training!   ;)
Breakfast of Champions: Tigers, Panthers, Pumas, Stugs, & Panzerfausts-on-Legs.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
As I understood it the changes in tank hitboxes are no more equiptment like wrenches etc. deflecting tank shells and infatry AT weaponry. So nothing like new weakspots you are apparently looking for.

Dont think those changes will be a big disadvatage or even unfair, just more realisim, since some vehicles are really buggy right now.

• View Profile
Just trying to understand better...

As I've hit Tigers in the rear several times with bazookas with no kill
I've hit Panthers and Tigers in the rear several times with no kill

Several hits in the rear on pre 2.4 did not end this way - as usually you got the kill with a bazooka sooner than later.  Yet - fausts kill most allied armor instantly. 

Yes, someone posted how fausts were better than bazookas; but seriously if the axis are going to continue to get advantages - we at least need to know where hits are effective -- due to the fact that:

All allied armor except heavy Matilda/MKs get one shot killed by Panthers and Tigers.
Panthers and Tigers are practically invulnerable to frontal hits; except special ap from the few flimsy allied tank killers.
Allies don't have the numbers like they had in the actual war
Axis frontal have some small (pixel) weak spots; but the aiming accuracy demanded of allied tankers versus axis Tigers and Panthers is sorely imbalanced

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
As I've hit Tigers in the rear several times with bazookas with no kill
The Tiger (like the PzIII) has thicker rear than side armour.

• View Profile
Eat Uranium - these are the things that are helpful  :)

I play once or twice a week on a busy week - I don't have time to test and wonder if successes were flukes solid hits.

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
[...]Axis frontal have some small (pixel) weak spots[...]

Can you tell me, which these are?

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
Look at this threat:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=17260.msg253556#msg253556

There you can read plenty about the Pnather shottrap which most poeple are reffering to when talking about things like "weak spots."
Abut in my opinion there are other things which are more important then this really tiny spot. For example the lesser armord frontal turret of the Panzer IV in comparison to its hull.
Or when you face a Panther frontally and its turret is pointing to an other direction shot at the sinde of the turret where it has less armor.
And about the Sherman always aim for the hull the part around the gun is heavier armored.

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
I actually find it is quite easy to take out a Panther with a normal 75mm gunned Sherman or Cromwell or something of the like. Aim for the treads. It's all about tactics though. The game is about realism, not balance. It's not much fun when two tanks go up against each other that have the same armor and gun. Try getting around to the side of the Panthers and Tigers. Stay in concealment and most importantly cover. Try practicing offline on singleplayer or coop with some AI. It really helped me learn where to aim while still having the threat of being taken out. Online is much faster and deadlier though, so don't expect them to be exactly the same.

But, like I said, it isn't about balance. Also, with Bazookas v. Tigers, try to get above them and shoot for the top of the engine compartment. It's seemed to work pretty well for me. Also, Comp B works great when you can get it on the tank.

The funnest way to take out tanks that I've found is with mines. It's incredibly hard without a partner though. You just place the mine(s) and then get the tank to drive over them. It's hard offline and incredibly hard online, but when you get good at it, it's a whole lot of fun.

Just my two cents.

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
many thanks to hyperanthropos, GIJordncc1701d and the thread starter.
« Last Edit: 28-07-2012, 13:07:28 by dead_man1876 »