Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236523 times)

Offline GooGeL

• FH-Betatester
  • Shedmaster
    • View Profile
    • WOLFgaming.net
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #30 on: 11-06-2009, 09:06:08 »
Give Vietnam!

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11-06-2009, 10:06:35 »
I'm Excited, long time fan, and I will not hesitate to buy this, even if it sucks. Hell I bought their PS2 iteration, and that sucked, but I still have it. I own every battlefield game to date. Why stop now?
I have them all aswell, i even have the WWI one that looks so horrible.

There is no WWI Battlefield game  ;)

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #32 on: 11-06-2009, 10:06:05 »
I'm not going to form any special opinion until I see/know more of it.. but from what I've heard from here and there, I'm interested.

Although I'd love to see a hot cold war, I really doubt we'll see that. And I've heard something about it being planned for a PC, and perhaps ported to consoles instead of the other way around, like with BFBC, BFBC2 & BF43. Exclusive for PC? I doubt it..

Offline BUNNY

• Crapping in your foxhole
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11-06-2009, 10:06:51 »

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11-06-2009, 10:06:35 »
I'm Excited, long time fan, and I will not hesitate to buy this, even if it sucks. Hell I bought their PS2 iteration, and that sucked, but I still have it. I own every battlefield game to date. Why stop now?
I have them all aswell, i even have the WWI one that looks so horrible.

There is no WWI Battlefield game  ;)

You know a game called codename eagle? The great grand father of Battlefield 1942. Its kinda like WWI with biplanes and so on.

Awsomely fun game even though its old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtUrwcRF0PA&feature=related
« Last Edit: 11-06-2009, 10:06:35 by Paavopesusieni »

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11-06-2009, 11:06:30 »
I really hope its a PC only so they are burdened by the consoles... Although I do fear its not going to be that way as consoles are so much bigger market these days. :(

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #36 on: 11-06-2009, 11:06:54 »
Give Vietnam!
Yes! I fully support this. This era is underdone and from all Vanilla BF games I enjoyed Vietnam the most.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11-06-2009, 11:06:46 »
I hope they have 128 players or more support and that it wil be full of ...... zombies !!! :o
What is up with all those zombies games these days.
It seems even Alan Wake is turned into a zombie kinda of game and I was really hoping a Twin Peaks style.

But this thread is about BF3 so enough about the zombies rant. I am really looking forward to this, curious to see what new features will be implemented.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11-06-2009, 11:06:00 »
Don't keep your expectations high until they list game features.

Offline lt_FJ

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11-06-2009, 11:06:23 »
what people should be really hoping for is that DICE and EA make better and easier modding tools than those they distributed with BF2.
I recall many of the devs said development was slow at first because of the tools they had (and lack of support) and the limitations they were trying to bypass constantly.
Also, keeping it PC exclusive helps a lot.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11-06-2009, 11:06:21 »
what people should be really hoping for is that DICE and EA make better and easier modding tools than those they distributed with BF2.
I recall many of the devs said development was slow at first because of the tools they had (and lack of support) and the limitations they were trying to bypass constantly.

I'm afraid that's whishfull thinking.
Afaik they won't produce another editor.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11-06-2009, 12:06:55 »

BF2 modding tools are surprisingly a lot better then BF1942's, and faster then 90% of other games out there. We got nothing to complain about really, even though there are things which would help. For example not having to reboot editor every time you want to reload an animation. Atleast we don't have to load BF2 each time we want to test just a minor change to a tank, which we had to in 1942.

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11-06-2009, 13:06:56 »
So where does this put BF Heroes, BF 1943 and foremost Bad Company 2?...I mean, where is their focus...

Anyways, I would like it to be PC only and Cold War or WW1.

Maybe...just maybe...BF3 will be PC exclusive, then BF 1, 2 and 3 are all PC exclusive. And all the other crap mentioned above will be food for the console people.
« Last Edit: 11-06-2009, 13:06:58 by Tiny »

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #43 on: 11-06-2009, 13:06:06 »
BF3 is for consoles, it's a single player orientated pile of stinking shit, the frostbite engine still does not work on 90% of PCs, it will be another 3-4 years before the average hardware of the PC owner can run the destructble environment that BF1943 offers, then another 8-10 years before the average internet connection can support that environment in multiplayer modes.  Even then, without proper testing who knows what "every noob scrambling for a plane and throwing everything they have at the hillside to destroy every tree in the first 30 seconds of gaming" will do.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11-06-2009, 13:06:14 »
Destructible environments have to be the most overrate gameplay elements ever.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off