Author Topic: Bots name  (Read 1709 times)

Offline PoliorcetE

• En lutte contre le crabe...
    • View Profile
Bots name
« on: 30-05-2014, 14:05:29 »
Hi all

is it possible to change the name of Bots ?
it's just for fun 

if it's possible , how can i do that ?

A+
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?" Pierre Desproges.

Offline PoliorcetE

• View Profile
Re: Bots name
« Reply #1 on: 01-06-2014, 12:06:06 »
ok i found how

battlefield 2/mods/fh2/ai

then open the folder "botnames.ai" with note pad

(i don't try  in MP but it's work in SP)

A+
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?" Pierre Desproges.

Offline Doc_Wade

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-07-2014, 13:07:54 »
Hey !

Is it possible to ensure that some names are assign only to german or british bots?

eg : if I call a guy "McDonald from Kansas" I wouldn't him to be in the german team

Thanx  ;)
« Last Edit: 07-07-2014, 13:07:41 by Doc_Wade »

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-07-2014, 18:07:48 »
I believe it's impossible. At least, I tried and failed to make bots names "team-dependent".

Offline Doc_Wade

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-07-2014, 15:07:50 »
Okay, thanx for the answer !  ;)

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-07-2014, 03:07:31 »
Nothing is impossible I always say! Sure you can't make it faction dependent in BF2 - yet, but if you have the skill and time for it you could make it possible. Could write a small plugin that tags bots according to their team ratio and map factions, then have that read from a few lists.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-07-2014, 11:07:08 »
Korsakov, if your hope is player.setName('abc'), you may even not start, it doesn't work :)

Offline Harmonikater

• FH-Betatester
  • Resident Crazy Composer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-07-2014, 23:07:55 »
Well couldn't one write a python plugin and swap players dependant on their names?
I do bad things to the BF2 engine.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-07-2014, 23:07:25 »
First of all, that would conflict with the vBF2 balancer - Battlefield 2\Admin\standard_admin\autobalance.py (that can be hacked).
Secondly, no one guarantees that you will get the needed proportion of German and British-American names.
Thirdly, the mod is not limited to the German and British-American teams, don't forget about the Italians, Russians, whoever else.

Offline PoliorcetE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03-01-2018, 12:01:51 »
hi all

FYI, you can't use name with space. Recently i want to play with name dev team ( always for fun ) but it's not work with space.
ex: [FH2] Seth_Soldier don't work, you must use for ex: [FH2]-Seth_Soldier or [FH2]Seth_Soldier

that's all folks  :)

A+
« Last Edit: 03-01-2018, 14:01:43 by PoliorcetE »