Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29379 times)

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #375 on: 01-10-2013, 09:10:42 »
The only suitable comparison to be made between PR and FH2 is that PR's community gets it. For the most part, they get that development takes a lot of time, and people wait for updates paitiently (cue paitient bear).

And on the other hand, FH2's community has annoying people (you know who you are) who just don't get it. These are people that don't get that the devs have their own lives, and this is their hobby. And everyone knows it can be easy to burn yourself out on a hobby if it becomes a chore (which is what happens I'd imagine when you get constantly pressured for updates). It's like these people expect the devs to be serving them, as if they're paying the devs wages. But the mod is free. Everyone complaining needs to shut the fuck up and just wait, or help out. You want regular WW2 related development updates? Follow Traction Wars or Festung Europa or something and stop trying to force a square through a circle, because you're only making it shit for all of us.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 01-10-2013, 13:10:27 »
It's not about who gets what.

There is a Public Relation policy which says don't show until it is finished. Now sometimes somebody makes an exception like The road to Prokhorovka Part.
If it were up to me there would be no secrets and just throw it in the open what is being worked on right now.
If things don't get in the next patch even though there were shown in an update, they will come in another patch or maybe never.
That fact of life, that not all development makes it to the final cut, should not the main reason preventing you to show something.

Anyway there is some good stuff being worked on right now. Hopefully it is game play ready soon.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 01-10-2013, 14:10:00 »
Fact is PR players spent more time playing the fucking mod than talking shit in the forums...

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 01-10-2013, 14:10:59 »
Meh, people talk a LOT on the PR forums too, it's pretty much the same thing there :).

We've had a very quiet period while developing PR v1.0 as well, where the community wasn't informed about updates, simply because development was very slow. This is due to real life commitments like education, jobs, partners, children, sickness, etc. or sometimes people just burn out and need some time to get that modding motivation back.

And if a couple of developers have that, there is nothing to let the public know other than "we're working on it". And then suddenly someone has a breakthrough, people get excited again and in no-time you're developing, fixing bugs, creating new features, mapping your ass off, etc.

I think FH2 is suffering (or has suffered) from such a thing. I think all mods go through something like this sooner or later, it's perfectly normal. After all, this isn't our job, it's our hobby.

I'm just glad to know that FH2 is still being worked on and wish the team all the best. We're all very excited about the new version and, like pretty much everyone else, cannot wait to get my hands on it :).
« Last Edit: 01-10-2013, 14:10:52 by AfterDune »

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 01-10-2013, 17:10:14 »
Im just curious how many FH2 devs are working on traction wars?  Is that the next thing after this?  Will they move on to a new engine?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 01-10-2013, 17:10:47 »
Kraetzer and Chad, I think? Chad at least is also working for FH2 as well as PR.

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 01-10-2013, 19:10:12 »
I never worked on Traction thing.

I worked on Rising Storm for Red Orchestra 2.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 01-10-2013, 19:10:35 »
What did you model for Rising Storm? :D

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 01-10-2013, 19:10:52 »
Im just curious how many FH2 devs are working on traction wars?  Is that the next thing after this?  Will they move on to a new engine?
As far as I can tell from their staff page the only person who is a developer for both mods is Chad, but he does a lot of projects, including PR.

I don't know who started the rumour that traction wars has anything to do with Forgotten Hope. As far as I am concerned, the two mods have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 01-10-2013, 20:10:23 »
Exept the general approach. I can understand that you devs want to keep an absolute unique game. And of course FH will always be that.

But its far from unrealistic to compare the two projects. It really looks like they have much in common. Shared developers and a obviously shared fanbase are two strong indications.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 01-10-2013, 20:10:02 »
As far as I can tell from their staff page the only person who is a developer for both mods is Chad, but he does a lot of projects, including PR.

It really looks like they have much in common. Shared developers and a obviously shared fanbase are two strong indications.

Wut

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 01-10-2013, 21:10:07 »
I don't know who started the rumour that traction wars has anything to do with Forgotten Hope. As far as I am concerned, the two mods have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
Yes they do! WW2. ;)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 01-10-2013, 21:10:00 »

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 02-10-2013, 03:10:52 »
Im just curious how many FH2 devs are working on traction wars?

Chad and Schism-Rvtl.

« Last Edit: 02-10-2013, 03:10:25 by Sir Apple »

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 02-10-2013, 16:10:11 »
What did you model for Rising Storm? :D

For exsample the M1 Carbine.
And some statics.