Author Topic: Can you resupply a tank?  (Read 522 times)

Offline nickm

• View Profile
Can you resupply a tank?
« on: 15-04-2020, 05:04:54 »
Gang:

Won an SP round as the Americans on the 'Hurt-Again' Forest Map but it was a VERY close run thing; the REALLY decisive factors were the half tracks and the Sherman tanks but I started to get into trouble when my Sherman began to run out of HE ammo for the main gun and ammo for the .50 and the Co-Axial and hull machine guns.
Is there any way we can 'resupply' our tank?

Thanks ahead of time.

Offline MaroonHunter

• View Profile
Re: Can you resupply a tank?
« Reply #1 on: 16-04-2020, 18:04:08 »
You can, but, there is only one way to do it. You must stand next to an ammo truck in order to resupply.
« Last Edit: 16-04-2020, 18:04:27 by MaroonHunter »

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-04-2020, 00:04:10 »
There are also pick-up kits that have an ammo box that you can drop next to a tank to slowly resupply it. The kits show up as a box with a rifle on top of it, but I don't remember if any are present on Hurtgen forest. 

Offline nickm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-04-2020, 05:04:56 »
There are also pick-up kits that have an ammo box that you can drop next to a tank to slowly resupply it. The kits show up as a box with a rifle on top of it, but I don't remember if any are present on Hurtgen forest.

I have seen those boxes on other maps so I know exactly what you mean--I just never knew what exactly they were for. Kind of unfortunate the 'stand by the halftrack' trick doesn't work for tanks like it does for soldiers.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-04-2020, 10:04:13 »
Also one way is to let a bot control the tank for a short time while you move to another position. This way the ammo will be refilled automatically in a short time.

Offline nickm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-04-2020, 03:04:58 »
even better idea!