Author Topic: Would you be mad if no Pegasus or Omaha Beach were in 2.2??  (Read 12628 times)

Biiviz

Re: Would you be mad if no Pegasus or Omaha Beach were in 2.2??
« Reply #60 on: 14-05-2009, 11:05:51 »
Maps like that should have a grenade limit, like 1 grenade to each soldier. That makes it way more special.

They do, atleast in FH2.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 14-05-2009, 13:05:23 »
Well, I just feel Normandy without Omaha will be a bit lacking.. Doubt any other map captures Normandy like DDay, and no other landing captures that like Omaha... pegasus could be Granier for all i care. Unless it has gliders that actually come landing... Its only a bridge, a few mgs, an 88 and mortar...maybe a hanomag and a PZIV or two. I've seen that in NA enuff as is - And the order of the headges and fences are no different from any other map type in Normandy

Offline [CHN]Harrier

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 14-05-2009, 15:05:18 »
C'mon guys, dreamcrusher will NEVER say "next week" again if you keep being like this.

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 14-05-2009, 17:05:03 »
i love pegasus so much, but i think it's a bit difficult for British when there's a good German team out there, because there're no smoke covers...crossing the bridge and just hope the rifle bullet miss you and they just forget to fire their mortar.

it would get better with FH2, since FH2 got smoke grenades... and British mortars would be a lot more efficient with the new spotting system.

Omaha is not my favourite because it's always boring to get mow down before any action starts.
I really disliked Pegasus's game play. It was 90% nade spam (as was Ramelle) and you died as soon as you spawned. Wasn't fun for me at all.

Maps like that should have a grenade limit, like 1 grenade to each soldier. That makes it way more special.
Like it's already done in FH2 ;D

Offline borntoboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 18-05-2009, 16:05:57 »
I'd be a little ticked off if Omaha wasnt there, I love the beach landing maps in the other games (BF1942, Medal of Honour etc.)
Personally I'd also like to see some of the airborne landings considered, preferably British not that I'm biased or anything :p Important Bridges and buildings could be the checkpoints?

b2b

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #65 on: 18-05-2009, 20:05:08 »
i love pegasus so much, but i think it's a bit difficult for British when there's a good German team out there, because there're no smoke covers...crossing the bridge and just hope the rifle bullet miss you and they just forget to fire their mortar.

it would get better with FH2, since FH2 got smoke grenades... and British mortars would be a lot more efficient with the new spotting system.

Omaha is not my favourite because it's always boring to get mow down before any action starts.
I really disliked Pegasus's game play. It was 90% nade spam (as was Ramelle) and you died as soon as you spawned. Wasn't fun for me at all.

Like it's already done in FH2 ;D

I know I know just saying that they should it apply on Normandy maps like Ramelle Neuville..  :D
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #66 on: 19-05-2009, 09:05:43 »
Could you imagine the reaction of the SPR/MOH short attention types if there was no Omaha in the release.  And how we could mess with their minds by telling them to look harder when they ask where it is.  And even worse, imagine what would happen when they finally get on the map and don't find the SPR bunkers.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 19-05-2009, 09:05:30 »
Well, I just feel Normandy without Omaha will be a bit lacking.. Doubt any other map captures Normandy like DDay, and no other landing captures that like Omaha... pegasus could be Granier for all i care. Unless it has gliders that actually come landing... Its only a bridge, a few mgs, an 88 and mortar...maybe a hanomag and a PZIV or two. I've seen that in NA enuff as is - And the order of the headges and fences are no different from any other map type in Normandy

?

Pegasus has british airborne soldiers, is night mission, has the most intense close infantry combat of all normandy scenarios etc etc... It is definitely special... what do you mean with "And the order of the headges and fences are no different from any other map type in Normandy" ? the map isn't done yet, so why do you say it doesn't have any different layout?.... If you missed FH1 pegasus you might not know that it was the map that supported the entire mod with some statics made for just that map...

It is a vital map for Forgotten Hope.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 19-05-2009, 10:05:32 »
Hear hear Natty. I can't put my finger on why .. but that map had it all. It's the whole combination of the right statics , gameplay and atmosphere.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 19-05-2009, 10:05:07 »
Oh come on, take of the pink shades. ^^
That map was a fragfest and a terrible respawn-die-respawn-rince-and-rewind map.
I remember camping the brits to hell with an mg infront of that field... ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 19-05-2009, 11:05:25 »
That map was a fragfest and a terrible respawn-die-respawn-rince-and-rewind map.

but usually brits win that map...

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 19-05-2009, 11:05:47 »
but usually brits win that map...

That doesn't make my statement less true.  ;D
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 19-05-2009, 12:05:38 »
i can only remember 3 german mortars pounding the bridge constantly and making it uncrossable until they run out of ammo
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 19-05-2009, 13:05:33 »

Nope the shades stay on  8)
 If was a hell of a thrill once you made it alive across the bridge, jump into the trenches and held off the Germans long enought to take the flag.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 19-05-2009, 13:05:51 »
Tractor push is imperative for british to win Pegasus. :D