Author Topic: Operation Hyacinth 32  (Read 7815 times)

Offline Lobo

• View Profile
Operation Hyacinth 32
« on: 17-05-2009, 21:05:48 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Re: Operation Hyacinth 32
« Reply #1 on: 17-05-2009, 22:05:30 »
After playing this recently on Hslan, I have just one minor suggestion.  I would add some text to the minimap that tells players that they have to destroy/defend the objectives before the flags change hands (similar to the map for Soletschnogorsk).  I say this because it took atleast 10 minutes for the Brit team to cotton on, even with me providing the answer over team chat.

Otherwise, I think that this is one of the best maps in the mod.  Objective mode definitly needs to be on more maps.

P.S. Did you ever get round to looking at this Lobo?  This is one of the maps it is well suited for.
« Last Edit: 17-05-2009, 22:05:30 by Eat Uranium »

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-05-2009, 22:05:58 »
Is the Objective Mode version of the map really only meant for 32 people?  Or is it just to separate it from the Conquest Mode version?  I think 16 Italians aren't really enough to defend all the stuff that needs defending.  As we all know, the less people there are, the harder it is for the defenders on any map.

As for actual feedback, here's something:  The Radio room at the Barce flag can be destroyed by chucking a sticky bomb over the wall, without ever needing to get into the city.  I don't think the bomb even needs to get into room, I think it blows up the equipment even if you stick it onto the side of the building.  I don't know how you would fix this without moving the equipment to another building or somehow adding something (a static or something) so you can't throw a sticky bomb over the wall into the room.  Also, I think it would be better if the British could only blow up one objective with one explosive.  Right now, you can blow up 2 Panzer II's with one Sticky Bomb or Satchel, and I think you can blow up 2 Folgores with one explosive as well (the planes can also be destroyed by small arms fire, if a Chevy gets to the Airfield with both gunners, they can take out the Folgores extremely easily, especially if they had been damaged beforehand).

Speaking of the Folgores...since the model is already in game, why hasn't anyone coded it to be able fly yet?  I know there aren't many maps that it could be used on, but at the very least maybe it could replace one of the 109s on Gazala?  There's already a lot of Italian equipment on that map, so I don't think it would be too out of place (I'm not sure if it actually flew at Gazala, but it entered service a good while before the battle, so it's a logical conclusion).  Also, I'm sure it would be a boon to fan mappers and the tournament mappers as well.  Of course, it could also be used in Italy when FH2 gets there.

Also, LOL at everyone forgetting this map exists and it not even having a Feedback section.
« Last Edit: 17-05-2009, 22:05:59 by Ionizer »

Offline ottozeimer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-05-2009, 08:05:00 »
defense of the objectives is too hard. we need to place more static defences - maybe AA, MGs near the train.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #4 on: 18-05-2009, 23:05:17 »
Having played this again, I found that it was a very quick win for the brits.  My suggestion here would be to change the mechanics of the objectives: set it so that the flags are uncapable to begin with, but once all the objectives linked to a flag are destroyed, the flag becomes cappable (and recapable).

Also, could some of the objectives be spaced out.  Some of the radios could go in that other buildng in the square, and put a couple of the planes in the hangar.

Finally, maybe the 2 sapper kits (especially the one with the satchels) could be limited.

Offline naoko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-07-2009, 09:07:47 »
problem whit light tower(crash). may be the AI...i thing ::)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26-07-2011, 17:07:07 »
32 was changed a bit in 2.4 in regards to weapons etc

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25-07-2012, 16:07:21 »
Hyacinth 32 is missing in operation_hyacinth.desc. That is, for example, we can't choose it for local server. Changelog 2.45 keeps silence on this matter. Is it still an official map?

EDIT: I looked in GamePlayObjects.con, it's almost empty. So the answer to my question is "No".
« Last Edit: 25-07-2012, 16:07:15 by gavrant »

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #8 on: 06-08-2012, 06:08:46 »
Recently we played Hyacinth. The following problems occured:

1. after blowing up the planes the tanks on the train take long (5 mins approx.) to show on the minimap.
2. same goes for the radios after the tanks have been blown up.
3. The last radio in the east, north of the last guard tower is not shown on the minimap as star AT ALL.
4. after blowing this radio set, the map does not end, neither does the minimap show new objectives.

Attached is a screen of minimap after blowing up the last radio.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06-08-2012, 13:08:22 »
The objectives are supposed to show up after a certain time, to prevent people from pre-camping them. It gives the defenders time to get into the area and kill attackers already there. About the other bugs: Apparently running a mixed playlist with different game modes is buggy atm. This will be fixed by  aserver hotfix coming out soon.