6 (11.1%)
Pegasus Bridge
16 (29.6%)
Sammatus
10 (18.5%)
Seelow Heights
16 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: What is your favourite new map and how can we improve them?  (Read 10625 times)

Offline Ronson

• View Profile
Re: What is your favourite new map and how can we improve them?
« Reply #30 on: 11-03-2016, 15:03:18 »
All the new maps are awesome, but I love Seelow, another huge epic advance map like St Vith. But like St Vith it needs more tickets so it's not such a desperate rush. Borrow them from Sidi Rezegh, that's got way too many  ;D

Also could use some tweaking so the advance to the first flag is not so frustrating for Russian infantry. More cover/concealment, more arty for the attackers or less kit for the defenders maybe.

Also needs surfable Goliaths like the FH1 version.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18-03-2016, 17:03:24 »
Dunno how useful a Goliath would be to a defending German team. Seems like something you want when breaking through a defense line.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18-03-2016, 20:03:20 »
If you can have Goliaths which can be stationary for a while, it is very useful for a defending team to set them up near chokepoints and blow them when the enemy advances :)

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18-03-2016, 22:03:14 »
but only 1  and make it 5 seconds to deploy and then you have to go find an ammo box      :-* :-*

Offline Nikkopasqua

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19-03-2016, 14:03:36 »
Honestly i like all of them. Particulary happy for the Soviet Union vs Germany maps. Seelow Heights is very very epic. As someone else said, infantry (soviets) need more cover while advancing and in my opinion we need more trences everywhere along the first line, just to underline how desperate the germans were.

Ps: sry for bad english

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27-03-2016, 23:03:45 »
Played during the last week according to gametracker

[762]RANKED #1 FH2.51 [100p]

[762]RANKED #2 FH2.51 [100p]

Im very happy with rotation atm  :)

« Last Edit: 27-03-2016, 23:03:50 by Alubat »

Offline Klimax

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28-03-2016, 08:03:24 »
all new mentioned maps have a interisting character and reasons to be good. for example sounds all around create a tenseful atmosphere during the rounds. blaring frogs around etc. simply great!

gameplaywise Arad is the best amo. add airplanes and we have the operation Totalize of the eastern front. possibilites for everyone. rumbling tanks, sneaking inf or storming arty  ... all of it a little. combined with a open layout, detailed landscape it offers perhaps the best for most players.

only thing is sometimes the endless crusing t34 simply frustrate me ... didn't we had a panther? where is it? and why do I have only a pzfaust 30m instead of a pzfaust 60m, better 2? :]

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28-03-2016, 10:03:09 »
only thing is sometimes the endless crusing t34 simply frustrate me ... didn't we had a panther? where is it?
There are 2 panthers spawning in the German main base. In case they are destroyed you need to wait 45 seconds for a new one  ;)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28-03-2016, 12:03:32 »
Played during the last week according to gametracker

[762]RANKED #1 FH2.51 [100p]

[762]RANKED #2 FH2.51 [100p]

Im very happy with rotation atm  :)

Those stats don't tell you much. All maps are in rotation on both servers, only the new ones are in the rotation twice so they come up more often. The maps that are outliers are the start maps that always come up when the server is restarted.

Offline Klimax

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28-03-2016, 12:03:59 »
There are 2 panthers spawning in the German main base. In case they are destroyed you need to wait 45 seconds for a new one  ;)

well I dind't know that, excuse me. anyway from what I have seen panthers never dominated the battles. perhaps it belongs to the rather unexperienced players ...

but in general, open maps are more welcome to the players I guess. meuse river, totalize and now arad offer even conditions for both teams so I think this should be marked, even if "historically correct maps" with push code etc. are there. those maps are fine too, usually not playable with each number of players on the server. if there are not enough players, you get bored 'cause nothing to do, if the server is maxed out those maps are crowded too much.

opened maps are ususally free of those "problems" since the players have more control, more options to do on the map causing in a more fluidly gameplay. at least amo. in general a mixture of those types of maps is ideal.

Offline Not So Civil Engy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 28-03-2016, 13:03:31 »
Can we get a KT on Arad?  After all, they were used during the actual battle.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 28-03-2016, 14:03:08 »
Can we get a KT on Arad?  After all, they were used during the actual battle.
Nah, there will be too many KTs on the Eastern Front then. You will be bored to see them again and again on upcoming map(s), trust me! ;)

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29-03-2016, 12:03:34 »
Nah, there will be too many KTs on the Eastern Front then. You will be bored to see them again and again on upcoming map(s), trust me! ;)

Bring on the Ferdinands! I don't know if it's just me, but the German AFVs feel so homogenous at the moment.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 26-12-2016, 10:12:02 »

Bring on the Ferdinands! I don't know if it's just me, but the German AFVs feel so homogenous at the moment.
Well the FH1 model is of good quality, but again it would take some time to port, and the only useful place I could see it on is a Kursk map.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)