Author Topic: Heroes and Generals  (Read 8693 times)

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes and Generals
« Reply #45 on: 07-03-2012, 18:03:18 »
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 07-03-2012, 19:03:31 »
Just tried it for the first time today... hmmm not quite sure what to think, I think FH2 has spoiled me graphic and gameplay wise. GnH still needs a lot of polish, but could shine one day.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 08-03-2012, 07:03:45 »
Oh, look. Late war German vehicles in way-too-pale panzergrau.

Has anyone EVER gotten that color right beside FH2/1?!?!?
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 24-10-2012, 10:10:17 »
Did anyone get a beta key? I registered now :)

Free2Play FTW!

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24-10-2012, 10:10:40 »
Got into the beta waaaay in the beginning, but started to drop the game. It went into a direction I didn´t like. But since it´s been a longer time since I´ve played it, I might give it another try if I have enough time at hand and see how they progressed.

« Last Edit: 24-10-2012, 11:10:09 by hOMEr_jAy »
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 24-10-2012, 18:10:06 »
Free2Play FTW!
I'd rather pay 50€ and be done with it. free2play tend to suck a lot more in the end.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 24-10-2012, 18:10:55 »
depends, Tf2 is still my favorite fps and since it went f2p is even more enjoyable. altroug is made by valve, and everything they touch becomes gold

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 24-10-2012, 18:10:23 »
TF2 is very much different case imo. It still is basically the old TF2 that cost money, it just became f2p.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 24-10-2012, 21:10:11 »
Free2Play games caught up with retail games already, there is no difference in quality or game fun anymore, games like BF Heroes and BF Play4Free made sure of that, and now all companies copy their model, Valve among them, Ubisoft as well, Crytek as well  8)

2 years from now you'll realise that the market shifted, people pay differently. What used to be a physical product you buy and "own" (which you don't btw, you don't own your retail game) is now more split up, allowing customers to pay for what they want. Kind of like customize your experience which is a better describing words than F2P. World of Tanks is a very good example.

1-2 years from now, everyone will long gone have stopped looking at what business model a game has, and only care about what matters: if it's fun or not. Washing off the old bad-quality taste of "free" is hard, but we're getting there  8)

I would never buy such a game like Heroes & Generals, but I can sure try it for free, and if they manage to catch me, I dont mind paying for guns or equipment or whatever they designed it to be.
« Last Edit: 24-10-2012, 21:10:20 by Natty »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 24-10-2012, 21:10:00 »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 24-10-2012, 23:10:58 »
Which is a very clever move to release with as a F2P title

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 25-10-2012, 17:10:13 »
Free2Play games caught up with retail games already, there is no difference in quality or game fun anymore, games like BF Heroes and BF Play4Free made sure of that, and now all companies copy their model, Valve among them, Ubisoft as well, Crytek as well  8)

2 years from now you'll realise that the market shifted, people pay differently. What used to be a physical product you buy and "own" (which you don't btw, you don't own your retail game) is now more split up, allowing customers to pay for what they want. Kind of like customize your experience which is a better describing words than F2P. World of Tanks is a very good example.

1-2 years from now, everyone will long gone have stopped looking at what business model a game has, and only care about what matters: if it's fun or not. Washing off the old bad-quality taste of "free" is hard, but we're getting there  8)

I would never buy such a game like Heroes & Generals, but I can sure try it for free, and if they manage to catch me, I dont mind paying for guns or equipment or whatever they designed it to be.

I fully understand this, but no matter what happens, if I end up hooked with some f2p game, like WoT for example, I will be paying more than I would for traditional game. It's not about them being worse than other games, but they are handicapping free players somehow, always. Otherwise they won't sell and while I'm ready to pay for it, playing for longer perioid of time becomes really really expensive.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 25-10-2012, 18:10:49 »
WoT is a good example of an absolutely horrible free to play model, though.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 25-10-2012, 19:10:33 »
not really, it just bad implemented. Skills dont matter because all the random (out of your control)things that happen in the game and in matchmaking. its not a game to dedicate time, it is to sink it. Gold ammo, for instance, causes less damage, so you are not "selling power".

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 25-10-2012, 19:10:08 »
WoT is a good example of an absolutely horrible free to play model, though.
You might wanna check the facts before saying stuff like that  ;) it's a slam-dunk success and they basically re-wrote the book on F2P games business model.