Author Topic: Unofficial Nations Cup Signup Thread  (Read 57687 times)

Offline WillieBrown

• View Profile
Re: Unofficial Nations Cup Signup Thread
« Reply #405 on: 15-06-2009, 01:06:26 »
Good Cup all! One thing that I wasn't so pleased with was that we had to play Gazala 16 player map. That have to be the smallest map ever. Just a shame cuz it isnt a very tactical map at all. I liked Bardia tho cuz that was a larger one with more flags to cap than just a single one. Anyhow, I really liked the Nations Cup and the Admins were very helpful with giving us info and stuff. I just hope that it will be another tournament soon cuz the Swedish Revolutionary Guard will practise and practis so that we can own on the next tournament.
« Last Edit: 15-06-2009, 01:06:02 by WillieBrown »
You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun - Al Capone

Offline HarapAlb

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 15-06-2009, 01:06:02 »
I dont know what i have to say to this cup....
Bad Management Germans play at 0h on Sunday o.o Dudes we have to work on Monday thats fucking bad time.
Than Many Player do Bunnyhoping and Dolphindiving. Unhonourbale actions with Carrier from the USA Team 2.
I get same bad feedback from German Team 1...
Thats not good i hope it will better next Year or Germany maybe dont will play this cup =(
"Unhonorable actions with the carrier"? You mean like driving it to your back flag and capping it?
You have to love some people's logic. It sure beats sitting on the ridge and tossing nades into the pass flag.
The only dishonorable thing in that game was what you were writing in all-chat.

Besides the match against Germany, the only problem I saw was having all out matches against euro teams on euro servers, which meant we were all time at about 100 ping disadvantage. It would have been nice to alternate between Euro and US servers.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 15-06-2009, 01:06:02 »
"unhonorable actions"? The only thing that struck me as unhonorable were the endless cheating accusations against Poland by some of my team mates in Germany 1... sometimes you just ahve to acknowledge that people are better than you and stop taking yourself so seriously.
I agree however on the time issue, next time a saturday might be better.

Meh, I was afraid of something like that when I read all those unknown names in the german team, that's why I stayed out of it.

Offline Ltn.Charles

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 15-06-2009, 01:06:48 »
Yeah, i thought this was really fun, eventhough we didn't do very well (Sweden) we had great fun and now we are even thinking of starting a clan out of the team, so thank you very much Dutch for organizing this and i hope we can organize another nations cup again in the future!
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning - Winston Chuchill after the British victory at El Alamein in 1942

Offline dutch

• FHT - F|H Tournament Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #409 on: 15-06-2009, 01:06:25 »
Yeah, i thought this was really fun, eventhough we didn't do very well (Sweden) we had great fun and now we are even thinking of starting a clan out of the team, so thank you very much Dutch for organizing this and i hope we can organize another nations cup again in the future!

THat is just awesome mate and yes we will organise more events in the very near future. Also if you lads have formed your clan please let me know so I can be your first contender with the FHT clan Team :)

But this is what it is all about, great stuff Swedish friends you get the meaning  ;D
"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 15-06-2009, 01:06:50 »
THat is just awesome mate and yes we will organise more events in the very near future.
An idea for such events: perhaps and "Axis vs. Allies" battle, with people from the then-Axis nations fighting the people from the then-Allied nations? Have a separate fireteam(s) for each nationality (easier to get 6 people to play than 10 people).

Offline dutch

• View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #411 on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:55 »
THat is just awesome mate and yes we will organise more events in the very near future.
An idea for such events: perhaps and "Axis vs. Allies" battle, with people from the then-Axis nations fighting the people from the then-Allied nations? Have a separate fireteam(s) for each nationality (easier to get 6 people to play than 10 people).

That is a very nice idea indeed. I will look into this one for sure for the upcoming event.

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline dutch

• View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #412 on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:09 »
TEAM POLAND 1 WON THE EVENT!!!

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:57 »
Congratulations team Poland 1. :)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:16 »
congratz

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:17 »
Congratulations!

Offline dutch

• View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #416 on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:25 »
Wait with the congratz fellas :) We are making the final thread of this event with the official pic the price and thank you :)

SaNadine is working on it.

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline Frediosz_pl

• POLAND - FIRST TO FIGHT
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:46 »
It was a great experience to play this kind of tournament. Thanks go to the great players and their passion for FH2, and Dutch for spending His time and organize such great competition, and to my dream team POLAND 1 =]

CHEERS!! :)
« Last Edit: 15-06-2009, 02:06:30 by fredthekillah »
T34 had obsolete shells, no CO periscopes, lack of radio, poor plating alloy, weak cannon, leaking fuel system and little space for crew. But people think it was the best tank during WWII.Quantity not quality.
Bolshevist propaganda did great job.

'A lie repeated thousand times becomes a truth'

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 15-06-2009, 02:06:51 »
Now I want to say that I'm very glad I took part in this event. Big thanks for Dutch for making this happen (some people don't even realize how well he did with organization).

Notes:

1. Do you have battlerecordings? I would like to see them. Yes, all of them.
2. The time issues were the biggest ones so I believe Dutch nows what to do for the next events (split in two, friday-saturday, timed matches so we'd skip 1,5 hour wait [very important])
3. Thank you everyone for paticipating and/or for cheering up. I assure you that our team took every nation very seriously witch might be the reason of our victory (+ lots of fun).
4. Benelux and Poland2 teams gave us a very hard beating today.
5. Thanks to NC our clan has new players on a very high level.
6. We all are VERY VERY tierd and sleepy.

Thank you all.

EDIT:Fred, you have way too big signature - edit it please. = Fred, masz za duza sygnature - wyedytuj ja prosze.

Offline ORPGryf

• Proud to be polish
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 15-06-2009, 03:06:00 »
I want to say thanks to every person which was participated in that Nations Cup. Our team had a lot of fun and we learnt many great things.

For the "Grande Finale" I must give separately regard to Benelux's Sniper. That guy gived us hell , we wasn't be able to shoot him because he was just to far away and he never stopped changing his positions. Without him, we would probably captured the last flags. Not mentioning about his final score ::)
Sig editted (oversize)