Author Topic: realism?  (Read 11114 times)

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
Re: realism?
« Reply #45 on: 03-08-2010, 12:08:10 »
I never said to make a PRFH2 mod. If I wanted one, I wouldn't ask the FH2 team, I would ask the PR team.

pls do this, and give me the link to the forumtoppic  ;D ;D
By PRFH2, I mean PR WW2. It's already been discussed on the PR forums, and I believe they have rejected the proposition. It was thought of by WW2 enthusiasts on the PR forums after PR Vietnam was announced.
« Last Edit: 03-08-2010, 12:08:46 by Excavus »

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #46 on: 03-08-2010, 13:08:57 »
so much things are not finished. and imo, they will not have the manpower for a complete other szenario. eod is include, cause gunnie gives all the stuff. stay realistic^^

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 03-08-2010, 14:08:55 »
Gunnie is like a Godfather of all BF2 mods.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 03-08-2010, 14:08:29 »

Let us focus on the consider part. What can be changed to enhance teamwork without going all restrictive on the players. making maps that need teamwork to win was tried, but seem to have failed.

depends of what do you mean by restrictive. lets face something: teamwork is harder than lonewolfing, if random player has to chose, he will chose the easy way. so, to make him chose teamwork, lonewolfing should be harder than teamwork. how to do this?? one example could be that players without squads cant have special kits (at, sniper, smgs, etc), that way we have more players taking the first step to teamwork, join a squad. of course, they will be some players that join just for the cool shiny weapon, but they can be kicked, and since they WILL lonewolf, they are gonna die quickly and the weapon again will be free to someone who will use give it a better use.

I, for one, dont find restrictive to onley be able to drive tanks with a crewman kit, or fly with a pilot kit. flags shouldnt be able to be capture for one guy, always requiring a minimun of 2, etc, etc. ther are many ways to archive teamwork, without needed to be a WW2 PR  clone.

*Deleted million spaces before punctuation marks. Sorry, but that was just painful to read*
« Last Edit: 03-08-2010, 14:08:33 by Thorondor123 »

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #49 on: 03-08-2010, 15:08:55 »

depends of what do you mean by restrictive. lets face something: teamwork is harder than lonewolfing, if random player has to chose, he will chose the easy way. so, to make him chose teamwork, lonewolfing should be harder than teamwork. how to do this?? one example could be that players without squads cant have special kits (at, sniper, smgs, etc), that way we have more players taking the first step to teamwork, join a squad. of course, they will be some players that join just for the cool shiny weapon, but they can be kicked, and since they WILL lonewolf, they are gonna die quickly and the weapon again will be free to someone who will use give it a better use.

I, for one, dont find restrictive to onley be able to drive tanks with a crewman kit, or fly with a pilot kit. flags shouldnt be able to be capture for one guy, always requiring a minimun of 2, etc, etc. ther are many ways to archive teamwork, without needed to be a WW2 PR  clone.

Yet, that is restrictive, disallowing people to jump into their tanks without a crewman kit or not being able to be a sniper without being in a team, and that would be actually kinda PR clone-ish :)

We, I atleast, want players to be able to do pretty much what ever they want to from the start, like it already is, but encourage teamwork more, I'll agree this can be made better, no doubt. More 2 manned flags is one idea I like atleast somewhat better.. and I'm totally open for more ideas :)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 03-08-2010, 16:08:29 »
clone-ish , not clone xD.

its simple as that , if players are allowed to do what they want ,they will not chose teamplay simple because that needs more thinking and is harder to acomplish than lonewolfing .

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 03-08-2010, 16:08:32 »
Yeah but it is also less effective. I know that if I am in a squad I have higher scores at the end of the round.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 03-08-2010, 17:08:56 »
I think you are arguing philosophy: would people play as a team given a good team-based architecture? Or does the architecture have to based on the fact that they wouldn't?

The noble savage versus the Leviathan. I say we should give pubbies credit for wanting to experience teamplay. Most just need good leadership, like any social group.

And a good, solid, yet flexible architecture certainly helps... Like mumble.

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 03-08-2010, 17:08:07 »

I Have Been Going Through Mumbles Code, It Is A Very "Poorly" Coded Program, That Has Much More To Be Desired. Course I Could Be From A Different School Of Thought Of Coding
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 03-08-2010, 17:08:12 »

I Have Been Going Through Mumbles Code, It Is A Very "Poorly" Coded Program, That Has Much More To Be Desired. Course I Could Be From A Different School Of Thought Of Coding

And Spelling

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 03-08-2010, 17:08:07 »

And Spelling

My Spelling? If So I Am Aware Something Is Spelling Incorrectly But I Have No Idea What?
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 03-08-2010, 17:08:38 »
The capital letter in front of every word.

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 03-08-2010, 17:08:41 »
The capital letter in front of every word.

Leave My Capital Letters Alone :/
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 03-08-2010, 17:08:35 »
It's bloody annoying.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 03-08-2010, 18:08:50 »
Yeah but it is also less effective. I know that if I am in a squad I have higher scores at the end of the round.

never notice it , i dont play for the points.