Author Topic: Current projects  (Read 1398 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Current projects
« on: 07-06-2010, 10:06:19 »
It appears we have a number of fan-modders proficient in navmeshing: remick04, and now asemov who is currently working on viller's bocage and just gave us a link to lebesey

Please let us know the project you are on, guys, so we dont have multiple navmeshes for the same maps.

The following are the the maps not yet navmeshed,
/Mareth line
/Port en Bessin
/Falaise pocket (partial)
/Anctoville (partial)

There are also some maps that can be improved.
Please lets know what you are working on so we don't have overlaps

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Current projects
« Reply #1 on: 07-06-2010, 17:06:09 »
- port en bessin 16 gives me error when I tryed to get "Generate Path Finding" in the bf2 editor.
  no time to trace this error atm.

- Falaise Pocket 2.26 is totally different compared with Falaise Pocket 2.25.
  as I saw some buildings are replaced with other or their places are changed... I have replaced AI files from
  2.25 map to 2.26 map and they work, but the bots have stuck on places where before have no had
  buildings..but now have.

and why this map has no vehicles?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-06-2010, 18:06:13 »
Winterhilf's final gifts to us before he went dark.

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-06-2010, 19:06:16 »
so there are two ways:

1st) replace falaise packet from 2.26 built with falaise pocket from 2.25 built, I have trayed it, and the SP 
      works prety well.
2nd) create new navmesh for 2.26 falaise pocket + vehicle.obj file.

I prefer 2nd...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-06-2010, 19:06:55 »
I concur. Also, because it needs to be compatible with 2.26 Cq

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-06-2010, 20:06:48 »
looks like you guys don't need me anymore... I look forward to seeing your work aserafimov :)

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-06-2010, 21:06:41 »
Alam Halfa and Bardia 64 could also be added to the list! There was a pre-2.25 SP map pack which included these two, but the navmeshes aren't very good (German tanks inevitably get stuck on Alam Halfa, which also CTDs frequently, and bots get stuck on fences in Bardia) and don't take account of any changes made to the maps in the last patch.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-06-2010, 00:06:01 »
@remick.
No! We absolutely need you. We have experienced your work and we kno its quality...please stay.
@Drawde
Dra-Awde!!
Ok, now that's out of my system, CanonFodder has a better version of Alam Halfa. And i have a rather decent bardia. I hope these may be made available soon *cough, canonFodder, cough*

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-06-2010, 11:06:55 »
@aserafimov: If the map's layout has changed, I'd say you'd be better off starting again with 2.26 to prevent any problems.

@Remick04: You wouldn't happen to know how to make maps, would you?

@djinn: Nah, not me mate, I wasn't quick enough. Although I'm pretty sure ZM and Raziel got it before the link died.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-06-2010, 11:06:18 »
I would send you all the link to Alam Halfa if I could but I only got it in external mail from zM. The new version is probably the single most epic map in NA and more so than most Normandy ones. Tanks NEVER go into the minefield, they sweep in and surprise the allies. The allies counter-attack strongly, the axis can expect a deadly mortar barrage all the way in until they cap the frontline bases, and the air is filled with deadly planes on all sides

But yes, zM definitely is the one to post the link. Come on, I seriously doubt WinterHilf will have issue since he's officially AWOL now... and that map was certainly meant for 2.26... which is out now. Besides, it will help Remick04 and Drawde bundles...

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-06-2010, 12:06:53 »
looks like you guys don't need me anymore...
Are you sure about that? : http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=6953.0

:)
« Last Edit: 09-06-2010, 12:06:27 by cannonfodder »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09-06-2010, 19:06:31 »
Remick04
No offense to aserafimov. But I wouldn't move on to the next guy who shows a navmesh. You navmesh good, man... Even if aser is as good as I hope (Am downloading the maps as we speak), We have more than enough maps for more than one person. We just need to coordinate is all

Besides, I would want you to lead that section - We don't want this to be adhoc, unofficial as it is - The goal still is, to get this all into the FH2 mod official eventually

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09-06-2010, 21:06:50 »
Do worry I don't plan on going anywhere just yet. I've just had a few personal setbacks as of late that have cut into my time. But I've really enjoyed working on the navmeshes so it's something I definitely want to continue doing. I just have nothing new to show, so I'm glad aserafimov is giving you guys something.

I have started looking at some of the old maps like Point Du Hoc. Being an American whose interest in WW2 was sparked by Saving Private Ryan and Call of Duty, I love this map, but I think it could be better. There doesn't seem to be a vehicle mesh and I don't know if Winterhilf was trying to save time or the map changed, but the infantry mesh doesn't accurately cover the whole combat area. So I'm going to look into redoing the old maps.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10-06-2010, 08:06:55 »
To everyone!
This evening will upload Mareth line (by winterhilf)....it gives me a CTD while loading but some of you will definitely find what's causing the problem....will edit this post with the download link.