Author Topic: about dead bodies and violence  (Read 5503 times)

Offline SGT.Speirs505

• View Profile
Re: about dead bodies and violence
« Reply #45 on: 02-07-2012, 03:07:16 »
then i suggest the corpses stay around 20 minutes or so according to players they won't defenetly stare 20 minutes at a body unless he as nothing to do. Also what would be great is the direct mortar kill (full body)
where is Able to see a missing Organ such as arm or leg depends on what kit you use ?
|^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
| The STFU Truck |||""'|""\__,_
| _____________ l||__|__|__|)
...|(@)@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02-07-2012, 15:07:23 »
In regard of this discussion over hitdamage etc. I would like to say that it isn't the 1s1k thing that I mind, but much rather this huge accuracy I believe natty spoke of earlier as well. I for one would like to see a bit less accuracy, even on smaller ranges, to make for some interesting and longer firefights. Firefights now are often over quick and are decided by reinforcements, rather than by kills (perhaps somewhat too realistic?;)), pixelhunting on large distances I actually sometimes find more interesting as it requires skill and a bit of luck, and takes much longer to decide.

This is acually what FH1 did way better then FH2 (more accuratly, Engine of BF42 and BF2 did).

In FH1, when you see someone running far away, you want to shot him, you need to think of your ping, the higher ping the farer away you have to aim. In BF2, all you need to think of is bullet drop.

Personally, i would hate to reduce accuracy for weapons, becouse it should not be about luck but skills/experience. I would more likely go for bullet delay, or a bit more bullet drop or both. Maybe something like wind too (you could say ping in FH1 was like wind), but dunno if its possible.

But reducing accuracy, dooont!  8)

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 02-07-2012, 17:07:39 »
In FH2 you gotta also consider ping so your argument is invalid... i have 280 ping average and when i play some singleplayer i kinda gotta get used to shooting with no ping...

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05-07-2012, 16:07:09 »
No way, no matter what ping i got, i have to aim exacly on enemy... If it is, it is not noticible. At least in comparence to FH1.

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05-07-2012, 18:07:47 »
Hah... that simply is not true. My usual 300 ping i must shoot a few centimeters ahead of the enemy, that is a fact.

But if i go to vanilla, and play in one of the brazilian servers, it will be just like singleplayer...

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05-07-2012, 19:07:40 »
same here,  200+ ping on euro servers =  shoot where they will be not where they are, unless im lucky and they are prone or running straight at me 8)

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08-07-2012, 20:07:02 »
I'm lucky that FH is less brutal than other games. I like it. I'm disgusted even with CS. Don't introduce more brutality, it's unnecessary and only helps satisfying the ones who enjoy this trend towards more and more violence. (L4D, etc. I hate that nonsense and prefer cultivated game play. Who likes gore should get a job as a butcher.)

If you want to reward staying alive then remove respawning. Introduce some small team death match maps. I like staying alive as long as possible. In some rare cases I managed to finish an entire round with as few as 0, 1 and 2 deaths. I prefer slow and carefull play. Though I also rush and go for the flag in other rounds. It depends on my mood and how the others play.

Wind deviation: not without a way to tell from where the wind is blowing. (worms anyone? :)) )

For me FH is the best FPS out there because it is quite sportsmanlike. Please keep it like this. Then I don't have to wait until my kids are 16 or 18 to introduce them to it. Actually I wanted to do so with 2.45.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08-07-2012, 20:07:35 »
For me FH is the best FPS out there because it is quite sportsmanlike. Please keep it like this. Then I don't have to wait until my kids are 16 or 18 to introduce them to it. Actually I wanted to do so with 2.45.

There's nothing sportsmanlike in people trying to kill each other, even in a videogame. But yeah since the goal of the map is usually to capture flags and not kill people it is different than other games... You can even play it without ever killing anyone directly by being a spotter/commander/camping squad leader.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 09-07-2012, 04:07:03 »
Then I don't have to wait until my kids are 16 or 18 to introduce them to it.

Why would you even wait, regardless of game? Violence is part of life, might as well get them used to it sooner.

On-topic now, I've got a question. I know that BF2 struggles with randomizing things, and would like to know if Refractor 2 can randomize weapon damage between set values. If so, one could make it so rifle rounds have a half chance of not killing you, but crippling you seriously (ie. needing more than one bandage to fully survive).
If not, maybe the devs could try out changing the received damage on player models, randomizing spots that trigger instant kills and ones that don't, leaving aside heads that always do and legs that always don't. Of course, the exact locations of those spots would have to be kept secret from the players in some way. Not sure if that's possible.

As for the laser accuracy problem, I wouldn't know how to solve it. Since Refractor 2 is incapable of simulating true deviation (which would be needed for weapons to actually follow the model's movement), simulating the shooter's slight movement as he holds his rifle is impossible.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 09-07-2012, 07:07:39 »
[...] There's nothing sportsmanlike in people trying to kill each other, even in a videogame. [...]

You don't actually kill anyone in any game. And being a game it gives you the possibility to behave sportsmanlike: respect your opponent and play fair. When you play paintball you don't kill anyone either, though you shoot at others. I look at shooters as if they were paintball with a lot more possibilities and not the real thing.

Biiviz

« Reply #55 on: 10-07-2012, 16:07:14 »
Standard deviation in bolt action rifles would take too much control away from the player. If you hit with them should be determined by skill, not chance. However, warfare is always about fire and movement and about moving into the position from where you can inflict most damage. In FH2 it is all fire power, because Rifles are basically effective everywhere. If they only dealt bleed damge over a certain range (say, for argument's sake, 75m) then it would have two effects:

1. You wouldn't get insta gibbed as much without a chance to retaliate
2. You would have to decide between taking a shot or maneuvring / holding your fire to get closer to the enemy
3. machine guns would receive an indirect buff, since their rate of fire would partly off set the damage decrease, making them the kings of long range fire they should rightly be.

Now here are some points that seem really interesting to me.

Would it be possible to test this 2s1k-system internally without halting production completely?