Author Topic: Mic/headset recommendations  (Read 2342 times)

Offline im_a_lazy_sod

• View Profile
Re: Mic/headset recommendations
« Reply #15 on: 12-05-2012, 03:05:09 »
ROCCAT Kave Real 5.1 is nice

Around ~$100US and each earphone has 3 speakers

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Sound/ROCCAT-Kave-5-1/

It's heavy but you get used to it

The sound quality is insane and it has a way to switch between movie and game mode, as movies (and music) sound a bit off with the true 5.1

Offline pureperversions

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12-05-2012, 11:05:47 »
using corsair 1500 and they are great not to heavy, the 7.1 works great even if from single speaker in each ear, much prefer them to the previous 5.1 speakers with multiple speakers in each ear plus less chance of a cable being pulled loose, also has a  dolby decoder in the volume control on the headset cable, it can get a bit warm but great to keep a hand from getting cold in winter :p
« Last Edit: 12-05-2012, 11:05:42 by pureperversions »

Offline Stevo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12-05-2012, 19:05:44 »
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-31-Stereo-Headset/dp/B001L6G326

They do not have to be expensive in order to be a quality product. I got mine on sale for half that price and it was by accident that I discovered them. Even at $40 cdn they are a great price.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13-05-2012, 17:05:21 »

They do not have to be expensive in order to be a quality product. I got mine on sale for half that price and it was by accident that I discovered them. Even at $40 cdn they are a great price.
Looks VERY uncomfortable.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14-05-2012, 18:05:21 »
On the off chance someone stumbles across this thread looking for their own headset, I should take a second to give a glowing recommendation to the Steelseries Siberia V2. I was a bit nervous with getting it all set up but it was peaches, great sound quality for music as much as for FH, the mic is crystal clear and it is super comfortable. If you can get one with the soundcard included like I did, all the better.

I paid $119.99 Canadian and got the headset, the USB soundcard (plugs into USB port, and you plug your headset into the soundcard at the end of the USB cable). Also came with an extension (just eyeballing it I'd say the extension is 6 feet long, I'm 5-10 and it's longer than I am tall) so you can be a ways away from your computer and still use it fine. Going to sound like a bit of a brand slut but I've never bought anything gaming-related for PC before I got FH2, and in the past month I've picked up this headset, a Steelseries Kana mouse and Merc Stealth keyboard, and all three are absolutely fantastic. The three put together probably cost me around $250 Canadian but I have zero complaints at all. The mouse is great, the keyboard is fucking incredible and the headset, as I said, it's well worth the money. The mouse and the headset plug into the two USB slots that are in the keyboard, so that's a bonus as well.

Appreciate the help in here, thanks very much.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Stevo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15-05-2012, 00:05:18 »

Looks VERY uncomfortable.

Actually they are hardly noticable. They don't squeeze the head and are fully adjustable and so is the mic.

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17-05-2012, 11:05:41 »
Good old Sennheiser PC150.

Dirt cheap yet good.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17-05-2012, 11:05:35 »
I use Logitech USB Headset H360, cheap and good enough for me.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/internet-headsets-phones/devices/6526

Just, don't wear it 6 hours straight, you will regret it.

Offline King_Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22-05-2012, 02:05:05 »
I use a Creative Fatality headset with mic. Sound is crystal clear and mic works well with TeamSpeak 2/3 and voip...never tried it with ventrilo though. Recommend it.

^
I also agree.
I've had the headset for five or six or seven months and it's well worth the investment. This works with Teamspeak, Mumble, Dolby Axon, and all my multiplayer games.

Not to mention beautiful audio quality  :)