Author Topic: Over The Top: No Mans Land Refurbishment  (Read 16122 times)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Over The Top: No Mans Land Refurbishment
« Reply #75 on: 01-10-2012, 18:10:52 »
Archi, aim for it immediately instead. Run a few public test sessions until you're confident with how the map plays, then we add it intenally to the mod and run it by our testers. You can continue developing NML and more maps yourself, and we can release the one we incorporate in a patch, then when you'r happy with the next one, we add that. Kind of like parallell teams working on the same thing.
We have no problems taking a 80-90% done map and finalize it.. problem with most custom maps is that they are at 40-60% finished at most. And dont worry about the art stuff such as textures, light, sounds etc, it's easier if we finish that also.

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 04-10-2012, 06:10:10 »
Got a 4 day weekend coming up, expect some progress.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 04-10-2012, 15:10:04 »
Hell yea! We appreciate your hard work very much, thank you.  :)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 04-10-2012, 16:10:50 »
 Very excited about this project Archimonday.

Cant wait for the 1st map to be test-ready.

Once you get this released i will offer my FH2 Weapons check format for some of the maps if you wish.
 8)

Offline Archimonday

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 06-10-2012, 18:10:10 »
Three Day Plan

I purposely spent all of yesterday getting minor chores done so I'd have the time to sit down today and work on some stuff. I hadn't really decided what I was going to do. Then I sat down and bought some books from Osprey Publishing, and thought to myself, "Yes, that sounds like a good idea." Today I will spend time working on some uniforms for the different classes, and equipment for the Germans. Making characters seems somewhat daunting to me, but I'm confident with a little patience and attention to detail I can get some pretty decent works going.

When it comes to this focus though, it becomes a question of personality. Stereotypes and reality are two different things, and in my opinion, depending on which is used effects the feel and flow of end outcome. I think early only it was decided that late war was easier for us, but does that mean I have to steer away from the stereotypical uniforms that everybody could easily recognize if they saw them? A pickelhaube makes a pretty big statement!

These early war Germans sport a mix of caps and helmets, something I definitely want, as well as signature equipment for their kit parts that will make recognition of a soldiers class easy on the field. I always loved old uniforms, especially those of officers with their high boots and sometimes flared pants.

"

This late war medic would also make a good addition to the Germans.

There is however a soft spot in my heart for the late war gear. Being a soldier myself I know the feeling of being laden down in full kit, and to see these men here wearing all sorts of assorted gear only makes me feel the pain in their shoulders and backs.

I like this illustration, since eventually flamethrowers will find their way in. This Engineer Guard looks ready to take out some trenchs.

I was also particularly fond of this light infantryman. Someday in the future, I'll probably find a way to add him in, if not a variation of him in.

All in all great illustrations like these help me get a feel for how I can make a German uniform that will suit almost all of our current scenarios without sacrificing an insane amount of historical inaccuracy.

For the rest of the weekend straight through monday, its putting the finishing touches on the remaining kits that need equipment.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 07-10-2012, 01:10:05 »
That last guy looks like a policeman. Isn't he MP or something?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 07-10-2012, 09:10:35 »
Great news! Expecting to see great uniforms  ;)

That last guy looks like a policeman. Isn't he MP or something?
Yeah, thats the German police cap of the era.

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 08-10-2012, 00:10:24 »
light infantry (Jäger) wore those caps, maybe something for the scout-class?

Offline Tim270

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 09-10-2012, 00:10:45 »
Having a speadsheet/design document that is open would also help if people want to chip in with getting some tasks done.

Offline Archimonday

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 09-10-2012, 03:10:30 »
Having a speadsheet/design document that is open would also help if people want to chip in with getting some tasks done.

You're right. I'll work on one this week and post it up, so people can look it over if they want, and add to it, or debate removal of items etc.

Offline Archimonday

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 12-10-2012, 03:10:07 »
Getting off early tomorrow. I'll be able to start doing some more stuff then.  ;D

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 12-10-2012, 10:10:52 »
there was a guy giving away ww1 weapons (bf1918 2) at bfeditor forums, maybe something you'd be interested in?
http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15608

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 12-10-2012, 11:10:59 »
İnteressting.... Pick up Cauchat and Lebel for future French fractions... ;)

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 12-10-2012, 11:10:48 »
There is however a soft spot in my heart for the late war gear. Being a soldier myself I know the feeling of being laden down in full kit, and to see these men here wearing all sorts of assorted gear only makes me feel the pain in their shoulders and backs.
I think that most soldiers were not equiped that well, no? =) The images show standard equipment, but probobly most abonded a lot of this stuff, i mean, those pictures are taken out of "factory" not out of the "trench"? =)

Well, just an opinion =)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 12-10-2012, 12:10:35 »
In the Argonne map, we should have the Germans not carrying those equipment bags, but the Americans should. But later at the early war maps, we should have the both sides carrying those 40kg bags, because they're the attacking and the war was more mobile in the beggining and soldiers didnt have time to lay down their equipment.