Author Topic: Battlefield V  (Read 12705 times)

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
Battlefield V
« on: 22-05-2018, 00:05:29 »
Today, EA drop a little teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dxQKnzAvWY

It seem they go back to ww2

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield V
« Reply #1 on: 22-05-2018, 00:05:31 »
Do they really want to add a battle royale mode?

God help us all...

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-05-2018, 14:05:58 »
Do they really want to add a battle royale mode?

I thought that was the new CoD?

Offline Alakazou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-05-2018, 16:05:28 »
After reading the post by torenico, I did my research and it's only rumor, but not credible one, from what I have seen.

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-05-2018, 16:05:04 »
After reading the post by torenico, I did my research and it's only rumor, but not credible one, from what I have seen.
It's obvious, EA is controlled by suitmen looking at telemetry figures, and when they see PUBG suddenly is by far the most sold and played FPS game on the planet, they will jump on the concept.

Offline Alakazou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-05-2018, 21:05:36 »
If you want to follow live the reveal event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg5AOmEv6tQ

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-05-2018, 22:05:40 »
It couldn't have been worse tbh...

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-05-2018, 22:05:32 »
Lol, wtf did I just watch. How much action and nonsense can you pack into a trailer?
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-05-2018, 22:05:34 »
One word - Sad.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-05-2018, 23:05:42 »
I will be buying it...

It looks like a lot of fun like BF1 was, but I will go with Post Scriptum or Hell Let Loose (and FH2  ;) ) for my authentic WW2 fix!

Offline Alakazou

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23-05-2018, 23:05:14 »
I will be buying it...

It looks like a lot of fun like BF1 was, but I will go with Post Scriptum or Hell Let Loose (and FH2  ;) ) for my authentic WW2 fix!

Same here ;)

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-05-2018, 23:05:09 »
I had no hopes for this game. They still somehow managed to disappoint me.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24-05-2018, 00:05:30 »
I wasn't expecting anything from Deadfield V, and I got nothing.

They imitate CoD way too much, they became a yearly game like CoD, the gunplay is ridiculously similar and now customization? What is this?...

The trailer was uninteresting, and quite vomit-inducing. It showed little to no gameplay, all scripted...

What is this supposed to be also?, 1944? but the 109s seem to have 1940 paintjobs... Meh

Now, THIS is how a trailer is supposed to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4wEAO07hM

Women also?, I mean, are they trying to look good to feminism?. I know I know, seeing women fighting in a WW2 game seems odd... out of place, hey at least no black nazi soldiers I guess?.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24-05-2018, 01:05:17 »
Ugh. I really don't want to keep complaining about this game but I feel like they slapped me in the face personally. :P

I honestly expected something along the lines of BF1 with WW2 stuff. Sure they'd have some crazy guns and soldiers looking a little 'hero-y' but otherwise they'd keep things pretty tame and acknowledge some history. I had hopes this would be the first BF game I'd actually put money into. Instead the trailer makes it look like they took all of the historically inaccurate things from COD:WW2 and dialed it to 11 :-\

Even with all that aside the trailer seemed very poorly made. Lots of chaos and strange things happening with the camera flying all over the place. Not nearly as epic as the BF1 trailer imo.

What almost makes it worse is hearing the rumors for all the new gameplay elements that they plan on adding to the franchise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xegBXGaFrOU&t=1173s. Customize your tanks with sandbags, tracks on the side etc... dragging fallen soldiers to cover to heal them. Tow-able weapons like AA and AT. Even the new 'fortification' system seems interesting and sounds like it will really change gameplay from the norm.

I wanted to be slightly immersed when I played the game tho. I could suspend my disbelief with things like experimental weapons, tanks being in strange battlefields where they weren't used etc... but the character customization just seems to put it all through the roof. The player models make the game look like a cartoon. I get like BF Heros or Fortnight vibes when I look at them. It just doesn't seem to mesh with the 'realistic' and 'immersive' art style that they usually go for.

What's worse (or a blessing in disguise) is they've seemed to piss off their hardcore fanboys; the trailer is sitting a almost 50% like v dislike and the comments seem generally negative https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ZpQadiyqs. And even the BF subreddit doesn't seem generally happy https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/8li9fk/battlefield_v_megathread/. Makes me think there's a small chance they'll dial back the crazy customization, just like the dialed back the loot crates in Battlefront after the backlash. But that's wishful thinking.

I'm also hoping that the crazy customization is only in some COOP game-mode that they had mentioned, and it will be dialed back in traditional multiplayer. But that also seems wishful.

I'll still watch EA play in a few weeks to see some actual MP gameplay. But damn that shattered my expectations. :D

EDIT: You can def say that I brought the disappointment upon myself for getting hype about the WW2 setting in the first place. And that's true. I was excited for them to go back to WW2 but just...
« Last Edit: 24-05-2018, 01:05:55 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline PoliorcetE

• En lutte contre le crabe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24-05-2018, 11:05:13 »
hi all
i saw a Stürmtiger 1.30 mn in trailer  ::)
i don't think i buy it
too arcad for me...

A+
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?" Pierre Desproges.