Author Topic: DOWNLOAD LINKS - Post-release bug fixes for SP/Coop  (Read 85744 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: DOWNLOAD LINKS - SP/Co-op Mini-mod and Maps
« Reply #30 on: 03-07-2010, 19:07:38 »
Here you go
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13586

This is WinterHilf's navmeshed version mk 2. Earlier done, not as great navmeshing. Dump the new server.zip in here and it should fix all your problems.

Perhaps worth Stickying this up too since it doesn't appear to be anywhere else... Unless the Server.zip is really all that's needed to make a map COOP  ???

Offline DirArtillerySupport

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04-07-2010, 19:07:47 »
That post is a little old...the file no longer exists.  Does winterhilf have a file space like you do? I check yours daily along with these threads.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05-07-2010, 01:07:50 »
Let me see if I can post up the whole thing tomorrow... i.e the complete Alam Halfa SP mk2

EDIT:
Ok, there are now 2-count-em, two Alam Halfa files - both with the latest navmeshing from WinterHilf. The larger one is the full level, the much smaller one is only the Server.zip update that brings the new pathmaps to the old Alam Halfa COOP/SP. So depending on your predicament, you got choices...

Enjoy
« Last Edit: 05-07-2010, 12:07:52 by djinn »

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08-07-2010, 22:07:39 »
Thanks for posting the Alam Halfa files - seems to work fine for me, this is the first version of this map I've tried (a) that doesn't randomly CTD and (b) where the German tanks can actually work out how to get through the British defensive line!

One thing I noticed is that the Stukas seem to ignore the British 6-pounder gun in the middle of the first defence line, I managed to more or less single-handedly hold the enemy tanks back with this gun until (literally) I ran out of ammo... the Stukas bombed every other gun position around, but not mine. Tanks didn't seem to bother firing HE at me, either. (Checked the static 6pdr object and it has the same AI armour class as other static guns, so this doesn't seem to be the issue)

I'll get working on a custom AI script for this map, it definitely needs one as the Germans need to be on the offensive all through the game, whilst the British should start off focusing on defence and counterattack once they start losing CPs.

Offline blarg

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08-07-2010, 22:07:26 »
I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's hard work in improving the sp for this mod.  The "new" maps are great, and all of the other improvements that have been made make the game so much more fun to play single player.  I check this every day now to see what else has been done lol - keep up the great work!

Offline HvyMetal

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09-07-2010, 04:07:25 »
I have yet to figure out how to get the single player maps to work.  ???

Maybe uninstall and reload?? :-\

Maybe download and install the FH2.26??  ???

Or drink some beer and forget the whole dag thing.  :P

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10-07-2010, 11:07:50 »
I have yet to figure out how to get the single player maps to work.  ???

Maybe download and install the FH2.26??  ???

Or drink some beer and forget the whole dag thing.  :P
*chuckles* And there it is... :)

Ok mate, here's how to solve your problem:
-----------------------------------
1. Get rid of the "new" files you DL'ed and put your original FH files back in (if you don't, the patch won't install) OR you could just uninstall FH completely and DL the full version of 2.26.

2. Download the FH 2.26 patch (or the full version).

3. Drink some beer while you wait.

4. Install 2.26, then "install" the SP map files again.

5. Have fun... :)

You did everything right the first time, but the modified files (specifically, the server.zip's) are for/from 2.26... ;)

Offline HvyMetal

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11-07-2010, 05:07:53 »
OK will give it a try.  :P

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11-07-2010, 17:07:43 »
Currently uploading AJ51's Night version of Tobruk. I changed the German Afrika corpse to the Italian Army and changed a few Opel Blitzses to saharianas and two PZIIs to Semoventes. I also made a small modificaton to make the Aussies have flare guns. Sadly, I am unable to change normal arty to flare, and not sure if it was in AJ51's original... I know it was in his mersa matru.

I did include the original loadout of vehicles and armies as existed in AJ51's version of this map. With redundant voice over format, you wouldn't get the German or British voices though, as he made it in 2.0 when they still used BF2 vanilla's British and German voices.

I'd be grateful if someone could clean this up a bit more and any feedback would be nice. I got a ctd a couple of times I played it. Not sure if its from the flare gun, the sahariana or something I cannot forsee

http://www.filefront.com/managefiles.php
cheers

« Last Edit: 11-07-2010, 20:07:22 by djinn »

Offline HvyMetal

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13-07-2010, 07:07:56 »
I have yet to figure out how to get the single player maps to work.  ???

Maybe download and install the FH2.26??  ???

Or drink some beer and forget the whole dag thing.  :P
*chuckles* And there it is... :)

Ok mate, here's how to solve your problem:
1. Get rid of the "new" files you DL'ed and put your original FH files back in (if you don't, the patch won't install) OR you could just uninstall FH completely and DL the full version of 2.26.

2. Download the FH 2.26 patch (or the full version).

3. Drink some beer while you wait.

4. Install 2.26, then "install" the SP map files again.

5. Have fun... :)

You did everything right the first time, but the modified files (specifically, the server.zip's) are for/from 2.26... ;)

OK. This may be a long shot. The version I have is 1.0.823. Maybe this is why the single player maps I am trying to load, won't work. But I will update with the patch. Or would it be better just to download a current version of FH2, then install the patch? What a mess.  :P I just want to drive a Tiger Tank.  ;D

Not sure what order of patch I need to do. Also do I want/need the server patch or the Incremental Patch?
« Last Edit: 13-07-2010, 07:07:16 by HvyMetal »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13-07-2010, 08:07:17 »
Here you go:

Install BF2
/Update to 1.41 patch
/Further upgrade to 1.5 - Sadly, they never made a one-way trip for that and 1.41 takes a while

Install FH2, preferably 2.26 full.. its like 3GB something
/Or install FH2.2 if that's what you have, upgrade to 2.25 and further to 2.26.. see why I prefer you just get 2.26 full... and each patch takes as long as BF 2 1.41 patch to install... sometimes longer

Create a backup (I backup the whole game folder so I can play online and offline as and when)
/Drop Drawde's mod into the root FH2 folder so it replaces files and puts the tweak.zip files in
/Replace the neccesary map files with our DLs... some require placing files here and there, so look where you put them

You're done

Offline HvyMetal

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13-07-2010, 09:07:28 »
Here you go:

Install BF2
/Update to 1.41 patch
/Further upgrade to 1.5 - Sadly, they never made a one-way trip for that and 1.41 takes a while

Install FH2, preferably 2.26 full.. its like 3GB something
/Or install FH2.2 if that's what you have, upgrade to 2.25 and further to 2.26.. see why I prefer you just get 2.26 full... and each patch takes as long as BF 2 1.41 patch to install... sometimes longer

Create a backup (I backup the whole game folder so I can play online and offline as and when)
/Drop Drawde's mod into the root FH2 folder so it replaces files and puts the tweak.zip files in
/Replace the neccesary map files with our DLs... some require placing files here and there, so look where you put them

You're done

OK Thanks

I already have BF2 installed and running the 1.41 patch. I play AIX 2.0, witch requires it. As far as the rest. I will get it done over time. And give her a go again. Thanks for all your help.  :) Now time to get some downloading done. And have some beer.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13-07-2010, 11:07:18 »
Good call, beer inclusive.

Note: While the game is designed for BF 1.5 patch, you will lose AI commander assets completely so heads up to that, and you might need to reconfigure your plane since all keyboard functions are replaced with I think joystick ?ones, by default.

You can play without 1.5 (And keep the 1.41), but that simply means you can't play online till you upgrade.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13-07-2010, 12:07:24 »
...I already have BF2 installed and running the 1.41 patch. I play AIX 2.0, witch requires it...
AIX =  8)

If you have enough room on your hard drive, I'd suggest copying the 'C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2' folder and rename it (this will be your BF2 1.41 folder). Then you can install the 1.5 patch and it will only patch the Battlefield 2 folder, not the copy.

You'll also have to edit the 'Target' and 'Start in...' lines in your AIX (and BF2SPCC if you use it) desktop shortcut's Properties, e.g: Target: 'C:\Program Files\EA Games\(new folder name)\...'

Offline HvyMetal

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 14-07-2010, 00:07:05 »
Good call, beer inclusive.

Note: While the game is designed for BF 1.5 patch, you will lose AI commander assets completely so heads up to that, and you might need to reconfigure your plane since all keyboard functions are replaced with I think joystick ?ones, by default.

You can play without 1.5 (And keep the 1.41), but that simply means you can't play online till you upgrade.

Well for AIX 2.0 the 1.41 Patch works fine for it. No need for the 1.5. Besides why fix it if ain't broke. And AIX 2.0 don't work to well with the 1.5 Patch.  :D