Author Topic: What are the top stressors in FH2 for you?  (Read 11196 times)

Offline Not So Civil Engy

• View Profile
What are the top stressors in FH2 for you?
« on: 21-03-2016, 17:03:42 »
It is obvious that most of us love FH2… probably to the point that we almost play it too much, but sometimes there are things that I find stressful.  What are the top stressors in FH2 for you?
For me, a couple of things come to mind:

1)   Ping.  I am an American player and my ping on the 762-ranked server is usually around 125.  I find that I usually have to get a half-second jump on a Euro player during a face to face to beat him (assuming neither misses).  I have had many instances when I fire first, but their shots register first.

2)   Artillery.  While I have become a fan of spotting for Artillery, especially on desert maps where 88’s need to be destroyed from afar, I have also started cringing when shells are screeching in nearby. Artillery in FH2 is brutal, and I’m pretty sure Seelow is causing me to have a little PTSD.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: What are the top stressors in FH2 for you?
« Reply #1 on: 21-03-2016, 18:03:29 »
1) Teamkilling. Most of us have found out that you being teamkilled is just not fun either accidentally or purposefully.

2)   Artillery.  While I have become a fan of spotting for Artillery, especially on desert maps where 88’s need to be destroyed from afar, I have also started cringing when shells are screeching in nearby. Artillery in FH2 is brutal, and I’m pretty sure Seelow is causing me to have a little PTSD.

While artillery is very fun to use, but getting killed repeatedly by it does make you insane for a bit.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-03-2016, 19:03:35 »
Paradoxically, I find that the better I do the more stressed out I tend to be.  Whenever I have a really good run, I get more worried about it ending.  For example yesterday on Villers I got the sniper kit in the church the moment it started, and hid in a hedgerow for about thirty minutes, racking up kills and points from spotting for the mortars.  About thirty minutes in and I still hadn't died, but I was almost breaking into a cold sweat I was getting so worried I'd be found!   ;D

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-03-2016, 19:03:25 »
Clowns, hackers.
Africa maps  :P

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-03-2016, 19:03:18 »
People discussing politics, weapons, history ingame. Immersion breaker.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-03-2016, 20:03:24 »
1. Plane sound

2. getting killed by the same guy again and again without knowing were he is hidding

Re:ping
try out software Speedify to make ping more stable or merge internet connections (1gb free each month).
Connect to frankfurt server

or try
Tweaking Windows 7 / Vista TCP/IP settings for broadband internet connections
http://www.speedguide.net/articles/windows-7-vista-2008-tweaks-2574

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-03-2016, 20:03:04 »
at distance headshots from pistols   :'(

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-03-2016, 21:03:18 »
1) Chat

2) Getting shot by pixel perfect shooters from god knows where

3) Bullets, they do nothing! When I get killed by whatever and the only way for me to kill anyone is to send HE-shells flying at them.

4) Generally being so fucking bad at this game.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-03-2016, 21:03:38 »
- teamkills

- DAzLAYER

- people who complain about Africa maps  ::)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21-03-2016, 21:03:38 »
"Stressors" as in: stuff that pisses me off while playing?
In that case:
Chat, especially half baked historical "discussion" by people who clearly got their knowledge from wikipedia and, even better, right-wing political posturing by edgy teenagers.
When a round isn't going well and you get the impression it is not because of skill difference, but because some people care more about the numbers in their k/d than winning the round. Especially in cases where tankers become so risk averse they don't push up into good supporting positions and leave the infantry out to dry.
And of course sometimes when you get killed once and after that it's like your whole "rhythm" is off. Like you always seem to show up a few seconds to late everywhere, the enemy that killed you has moved in the meantime so you go in blind, the whole flow is gone.

Offline colores

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21-03-2016, 21:03:33 »
1) this game still punish my score while people walk-run over my well placed friendly AT/AP mines.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21-03-2016, 21:03:20 »
i'm playing support most of the time because i'm not good at Run&Gun.

The most stressing situation is certainly when i'm using rear artillery/weapons and see an enemy commando (4/5 guys) spreading around the flag without noticing me.
It's stressing to fire the fire shot (with the m1 carbine :/)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21-03-2016, 21:03:21 »
1. Teamkilling. I'm not a saint myself, accidents happen, but having a very aggressive playstyle I seem to collect quite a lot friendly fire by being in places where my team just don't expect me to be. It's not rare that 1/4 of my deaths are caused by friends.

2. When meatgrindy maps get stuck and I'm on the attacking side.

And of course sometimes when you get killed once and after that it's like your whole "rhythm" is off. Like you always seem to show up a few seconds to late everywhere, the enemy that killed you has moved in the meantime so you go in blind, the whole flow is gone.
« Last Edit: 21-03-2016, 21:03:22 by ajappat »

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21-03-2016, 23:03:46 »
Not being able to hear almost anything in the battlefield because of the high sound volume of planes

;D
« Last Edit: 21-03-2016, 23:03:13 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Klimax

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21-03-2016, 23:03:56 »
1. of course: unsteady ping

2. players jumping infront of airplanes while they are at takeoff

3. certain human beings whose personal kd is their only aim and each way to realize it is no matter even if the own team sucks by it (ingame: camping tigers on ramelle, etc. ...)