Author Topic: Why I can't set up a light machine-gun behind windows or some laigh breast walls  (Read 1579 times)

Offline SHB2099

• View Profile
Why I can't set up a light machine-gun behind windows or some laigh breast walls? I think it's normal for a machine-gun can be set up behind some blindage.Why the develop team only allow machine-guns to be set up at prone position? Look at these games:Heroes & Generals,Red Orchestra 2,they all can set up the machine-guns at different soldier postures!And they are conform to the historical facts.So,the Forgotten Hope 2 was famous as its reality and historical,but now,without the fix of machine-gun set-up settings,the FH2 mod isn't historical now.I wish the FH2 team could fix this as soon as possible.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
It is not possible in the BF2 engine, at least not without also allowing people to "deploy" their weapon on thin air, like in the middle off the street. So it's a compromise.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Engine limits.

Only workaround would be something like PR has and that was deemed not satisfactory in internal testing.

Or making it a deployable kit that can stick anywhere but that would make it necessary to remake a lot of statics.

Personally, I do think the way heavier MGs are set up in PR would work (basically they have no accuracy without iron sights brought up) but some maps would need to be rebalanced. Although it still wouldn't look right if that was used as it's quite hard or even impossible to fire an MG42 sighted in while standing.

EDIT: As always, Ts was faster :P
« Last Edit: 27-03-2016, 12:03:10 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline SHB2099

• View Profile
It is not possible in the BF2 engine, at least not without also allowing people to "deploy" their weapon on thin air, like in the middle off the street. So it's a compromise.
1. But,I think you can try to set the attribution of the machine-guns as same as the ordinary rifles,I mean because the common rifles have a function called "Targeting mode" which can be activated when player right-click their mouse,analogously,maybe you can add "Right-Click:Activate Targeting mode" function to machine-guns,and link up with the motion of "deploy" machine-guns.In other words,maybe this function could be realized like this way:Player can Right-Click and see the "deploy" motion of machine-guns,but computers still think this "Right-Click" is a common rifles' "Targeting mode" command.
 2. I have to remind you because you seemed like misunderstood me:I know in WW2 history,machine-guns shouldn't be deployed at thin air or in the middle of the street and I didn't mean to realize that at all,but what I wish to realize is deploy MGs at historical right positions,like:prone position(which already be realized),behind building's windows,sandbags,some laigh breast walls or any other applicable blindages.
 3.As we all know,BattleField 2's game-engine is actually too old and the technology of game industry is developing more and more maturer now.Will the Forgotten Hope team transfer and work for next generation of BattleField? Tell the truth,I think it's a great pity that when Graphic Technology wasn't mature,worldwide famous game developers’ interests was focusing on the World War 2;but when today’s Graphic Technology’s revolution has reached photorealistic level which I regard as a milestone revolution,the mainstream public opinion of game industry think World War 2 is an outdated theme and the WW2 theme games market had reached its saturation long ago at 2003-2005.So,today’s game industry is lacking of some WW2 theme games with the best uptodate Graphic Technology.(By the way,my favourite game type is the game which combine with RTS,RPG&FPS.But only few games realized this.e.g: “Heroes&Generals”)I don’t like magic type of game,because the earth has how many people on the world,there would be how many types and criteria of magic.But the real truth of the history is only one,which means the relevant criterion of historical theme is only one and WW2 is a such example.I mean if the game industry has no ability to create a perfect realism or historical theme game,then just develop magic games,I think those game couldn’t be as good as they assert.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
1. But,I think you can try to set the attribution of the machine-guns as same as the ordinary rifles,I mean because the common rifles have a function called "Targeting mode" which can be activated when player right-click their mouse,analogously,maybe you can add "Right-Click:Activate Targeting mode" function to machine-guns,and link up with the motion of "deploy" machine-guns.In other words,maybe this function could be realized like this way:Player can Right-Click and see the "deploy" motion of machine-guns,but computers still think this "Right-Click" is a common rifles' "Targeting mode" command.

Yes we could have the mgs be able to shoot while standing up, but this would mean you can do that everywhere, not just behind sandbags. So it is a very "hacky" kind off solution, while FH2 usually tries to go the more professional looking route. Either it works well or not at all, basically.

About a new engine, maybe.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
Or making it a deployable kit that can stick anywhere but that would make it necessary to remake a lot of statics.
Would you really have to change the statics?  FHT has been using a reDeploy plugin that has allowed people to put 88s on roofs, haystacks, and other odd places.  A more refined and limited version of that migh do the trick.