Author Topic: Hello lads! What do you think of this Particle Effects project i,m doing?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Bruno_gg

• View Profile
Here you go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyjhg5SPHYU&feature=player_embedded

Please comment and have your opinions!

Thanks!

Bruno

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
HOLY SH*T! The arty explosions are INCREDIBLE! I don't know for the bradley explosion though, we can see that it's a much bigger explosion scalled down. Well it's the impression that it gives. But man the arty is freaking nice
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Yeah APC explosion looks like some B-movie cheap effect (although nice try). Arty on the other hand, looks pretty cool!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Bruno_gg

• View Profile
Noted, thanks for the feedback mates!

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
    • View Profile
Nice work, Bruno, looks great! I'm with other guys on APC explosion: IMO too much flames. Is it a continuation of your cannon blasts project: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=16169.msg223072#msg223072?

Offline Sir_Pee_Alot

• View Profile
Nice a bit over the top but you sould apply tho become a dev they can use your help i think

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
The first explosions is done well, but a bit over the top. The artillery however is amazing!

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
making effects big isn't really the problem, you can do as big and complex effects as you want on local machine, but how do they perform on a full server?
It would be more interesting if you posted stats as well.. just like modellers post polygon count and texture size used, you need to post the frequency and particlecount, or this is just... well, lulz to watch.

A comparison with stock fh2 effects would be nice as well, to see if you have managed to make biggers and tighter effects without more strain on performance.

Look-wise; the first one looks to be more like a fuel depo blowing up, like in First Blood when Rambo blows up the gas station at the end. You also missed the black cloud that would rise far up above this explosion, yours end with just a fireball that gets transparent.
Reference --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JylvAEDsbx0

The Arty ones are huge (is for commander arty?), and as stated, depending on the specs they are either cool and quite well made, or they're just lulz with effect editor.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
Yeah that's CO arty. I think they would be good for FH2's CO arty, if they don't cost too much on performances and if they don't look ugly from other angles.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Bruno_gg

• View Profile
Performance wise they run very well =), the textures are 64 framed 8x8 and 256 on resolution. They run very well because of the small amount of actual particles. Its say 5 or 6 animated textures coded to create a volumetric look and also some 3d bits flying. The tank explosion is very hollywood sorry about that but i was testing the textures

Offline Sir_Pee_Alot

• View Profile
can you make realistic land and sea explotions ik like to see that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBTxtt1VgDQ&feature=related
« Last Edit: 12-12-2011, 18:12:51 by Sir_Pee_Allot »

Offline Bruno_gg

• View Profile
Yes i can do lots when i,m inspired :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Will really love to see this implemented in FH2. I do wish random could somehow exist. It would be nice to see the former explosion, albeit it, once in a rare while.

As for the latter - Yes, definitely. And more like it. It looks not just big, but awesome.

Besides Natty's caustic skeptism, i would like to see these with data because I would LOVE to see them in our mod.