Author Topic: New Blood?  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Skalacy

• View Profile
Re: New Blood?
« Reply #15 on: 21-04-2010, 15:04:00 »
New blood effect!

Yieeeehaaaaw!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS4FGStiMB0&feature=related

;D

Fit's perfect!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

+1 this vanilla "puff" of pink blood cloud looks like paintball, I also want a new... let's see what can be done  :P

Nice!

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21-04-2010, 19:04:54 »
New blood effect!

Yieeeehaaaaw!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS4FGStiMB0&feature=related

;D

Fit's perfect!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

+1 this vanilla "puff" of pink blood cloud looks like paintball, I also want a new... let's see what can be done  :P

Nice!
Wonderful! Thanks devs :)
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21-04-2010, 19:04:29 »
I support this idea :)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22-04-2010, 15:04:45 »
+1 More visual goodies for us mortals!!! ;D

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22-04-2010, 23:04:31 »
I don't really pay much attention to the ingame blood animation, but for me it should be like in real life. If you get shot there should be almost nothing visible to the entrance wound. But maybe some splashing at the exitwound. nothing more, nothing less.

This is for bullets tough, i don't know how people react to higher calibre weapons like 20mm.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #20 on: 22-04-2010, 23:04:11 »
I don't really pay much attention to the ingame blood animation, but for me it should be like in real life. If you get shot there should be almost nothing visible to the entrance wound. But maybe some splashing at the exitwound. nothing more, nothing less.

This is for bullets tough, i don't know how people react to higher calibre weapons like 20mm.

The normal reaction is to scatter yourself over a large area.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22-04-2010, 23:04:19 »

I feel bad for laughing at that, but yeah, I don't think simulating a person getting shredded/ blown apart is possible right?(assuming that one would want it)

Offline Jürgen

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22-04-2010, 23:04:37 »

I feel bad for laughing at that, but yeah, I don't think simulating a person getting shredded/ blown apart is possible right?(assuming that one would want it)

I am sure that a computer can simulate such effects...or,they can try it with dead people,or with dummies,or with...etc

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22-04-2010, 23:04:34 »
Well, i think that in that case a nice splash of blood might be a good idea. But then again, do HE shells get triggered by a human, are we hard enough it would it just make a big hole (I know bombs falling in sand/water often did not explode) without a splash to the front (but definatly to the back)?

I really don't have a clue. Movies are not a correct source on this. Nor is shooting melons and saying that that is how a human reacts.

and i don't think the people that do know are here :s

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23-04-2010, 08:04:28 »
And for most of those who are, I wouldn't advice looking them in the eye. Them be the reasons mama said not to talk to strangers.

I would say a small spurt will be ok. Take a look at the colour and gash of the blood in Letters from Iwo Jima, then reduce that amount to make it enough to see from range, but only just. You should be able to get the satisfaction from a headshot by seeing blood, and other parts should also have some spurt for the same feedback affect. But it wont' be a cloud, nor will it be some drip-drip effect, and definitely not bubbles like that in FH1

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #25 on: 23-04-2010, 09:04:01 »
  These threads always make me a little uneasy with all the apparent blood lust.  But at the same time the child in me wants to see blood flying out of the back of my enemies head and yell "BOOM HEADSHOT!!". 
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23-04-2010, 09:04:08 »
Jeez, I didn't realize how callous I sounded in my last post - Talking about blood, satisfaction of seeing it and reference to get it right in such a matter-of-fact tone... Damn you, violent computer games and movies!!

But seriously, we need fresh blood :-D

Offline Folkhoer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23-04-2010, 15:04:24 »

Its a Blackadder quote (though not complete)

George: If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?
Blackadder: Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area.

Oh man I laughed so hard the first time I saw that scene (and I still do ;D)
« Last Edit: 23-04-2010, 15:04:19 by Folkhoer »

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #28 on: 29-04-2010, 20:04:28 »

Its a Blackadder quote (though not complete)

George: If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?
Blackadder: Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area.

Oh man I laughed so hard the first time I saw that scene (and I still do ;D)

Give that man a medal. ;)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30-04-2010, 04:04:24 »
Wouldn't know about Blackadder too much.