Author Topic: Luftwaffe/n (Felddivision)  (Read 10204 times)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: Luftwaffe/n (Felddivision)
« Reply #15 on: 10-07-2010, 11:07:03 »
I would lvoe to see the variety of different uniforms and equipment LW Fielddivisions would bring, especially the funny mix of LW and Heer stuff, but I guess it´s too much an effort to produce them, especially the Fallschirmjäger models...maybe one day, in a future, far, far away...
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10-07-2010, 16:07:43 »
Like Yustax posted (pics) already my thoughts have been

I really think these Soldiers and their stuff would made Forgotten Hope 2 a bit more complet.

That those Skins and Models are hard work to create I totally understand...I would help to create them but I have nooo experience in this :(

But the fieldcap,german helmet,some weapons are already IN and what "eat Uranium" whotes that at Purple Heart Lane and Crete the germans are from the "Luftwaffe" I dont see... they do not have their typical uniform the "Knochensack" with "Splittertarn" or "Sumpftarn" like in the pics.

Luftwaffen-Felddivision Jacke(t) :
http://www.kotte-zeller.de/$WS/kotte-zeller-shop/websale7_shop-kotte-zeller-shop/produkte/medien/bilder/gross/26345.jpg

Fallschirmspringer Knochensack :
http://www.kotte-zeller.de/$WS/kotte-zeller-shop/websale7_shop-kotte-zeller-shop/produkte/medien/bilder/gross/25290.jpg

The fieldcap,helmets and some uniforms could be easy colloured with outher camouflages or not ? (skinning)
And ... well some special stuff like the "Knochensack" or the "Fallschirmspringerhelm" have to be modeled

Looking forward to your comments...

As noted, there are no FJ playermodels, so no, you're not playing as FJ in those maps if you go by playermodels.  Only difference is that you're "supposed" to be FJ.  Just pretend.  The uniforms are quite different from the Gibergsjager uniforms used on Invasion of Kreta, and the SS uniforms used for PHL.

Offline Vincent Von Krüger

• no one can stop the RosenRitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10-07-2010, 22:07:09 »
I like the looks of the field divisions :D

those (3d character models) are from Company of Heroes : Normandy European Theater 1944 wich is basically an Total Conversion of the original game where realism has been increased.
being a soldier with an Bolt Action rifle i take pride in my work, knowing i got the most powerful anti personel weapon in my hands.

Offline Godall

• View Profile
    • FH server Rus

Приказ № 227 Ни шагу назад! (С)

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11-07-2010, 00:07:46 »
hmm i have those last soldiers ( 4 ) in 1/35 scale.. very nice looking soldiers indeed..

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11-07-2010, 01:07:02 »
The Lufwaffe Felddivisons are something totally different from the Fallschirmjäger Regiments.

Germans used Fallschirmjägers as such until Crete in 1941 (with only 2 exceptions afterwards) but they used these troops in combat nevertheless.
First, in September 1941, the II. Fallschirmjäger Sturmregiment was send to Leningrad to fight as ground troops. Soon after the I and III followed. In summer 1942, there were already several Luftwaffe Regiments deployed in North, Center and Southern Russia and in Norway.

Then Hitler gave the order to the Luftwaffe in September 1942 to send 200.000 men to the Heer to compensate for the losses in the east. Goering made him instead agree on raising 20 Luftwaffe Felddivisionen, separate from the Heer. Until they fell under complete Heer commanding in November 1943, they even had several Luftwaffe Feldkorps (commanding divisions). Those Troops were equipped and supplied by the Heer (not artillery, they used their own 88 Guns). They even rejected Weapon Training Personell from the Heer and so the Luftwaffe trained their own Ground Troops.

Bad Training was one of the reason that the Soldiers from these Divisions were not much liked among the Wehrmacht Soldiers, as they were in general bad in combat when they arrived in their shiny uniforms and with new weapons on the Front, just to die in the first combat because of the bad training.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline GirlsHateMe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12-07-2010, 05:07:40 »
Here's a few more Luftwaffe Field Division pics -

« Last Edit: 12-07-2010, 05:07:20 by GirlsHateMe »

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12-07-2010, 13:07:57 »
didnt know they used jumpsmock III, though that was only for the FJ

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12-07-2010, 20:07:25 »
That's not a jump smock, that's a luftwaffe ground smock.  Its shorter, doesn't have the zip up cargo pockets, and you can see the buttons, plus has shoulderboards.

Offline Folkhoer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:08 »
Offtopic:

If you like company of heroes, try blitzkrieg mod
http://forum.blitzkrieg-mod.de/

Believe me: you will NEVER EVER play vanilla coh again.

Offline Invincible

• Armyyyyarrrrrr!
    • View Profile
    • Javelin Photos
« Reply #25 on: 15-07-2010, 02:07:07 »
I could reskin the model we use now, only thing we then need is the helmet.
 but its will look much better when there is a player model.
"If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15-07-2010, 02:07:29 »
reskin would do, dont need a new helmet, fielddivision dont use FJ helmets,