Author Topic: A guide to installing Forgotten Hope 2  (Read 139448 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: A guide to installing Forgotten Hope 2
« Reply #165 on: 28-03-2013, 16:03:22 »
"V" and "B" buttons are for ingame VOIP, mumble has it's own controls layout (they are listed on FH2 Mumble download page afaik) but unfortunately very few people use Mumble because it's unofficial now. Hopefully we will get Mumble installer merged with FH2 installer and more people will use it someday.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 28-03-2013, 17:03:27 »
Probably no one had Mumble installed, or they werentt running the program.

Nex time join FH2Mumble squad or create one, I suggest you  :)

Offline shahram

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 28-03-2013, 18:03:03 »
"V" and "B" buttons are for ingame VOIP, mumble has it's own controls layout (they are listed on FH2 Mumble download page afaik) but unfortunately very few people use Mumble because it's unofficial now. Hopefully we will get Mumble installer merged with FH2 installer and more people will use it someday.
I will wait it with passion. thanks  :)

Probably no one had Mumble installed, or they werentt running the program.

Nex time join FH2Mumble squad or create one, I suggest you  :)
OK. Thanks

Offline Siegi

• View Profile
    • Soldatenlieder
« Reply #168 on: 14-09-2015, 21:09:06 »
Today come my BF2 (complete colection) :)
Now is instaled with integrated patch 1.41

So now:
1) I must downl. patch 1.5
2) downl. http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_downloads.php this two parts for offline gaming
(v2.48)
Thats all?
Denn Esel ist eine Sache des Intellekts; Schweinehund ist eine Sache des Charakters nach unserem Sprachgebrauch!

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 14-09-2015, 21:09:29 »
When BF2 is patched up to 1.5, you can also download and install the FH2Launcher: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/download/FH2Launcher-Setup.exe

FH2 Launcher

Our new FH2 Launcher is now the regular way to install, update and play Forgotten Hope 2. Simply install the FH2 Launcher into your Battlefield 2 folder. It will start the installation or update your existing build to the latest version.

Much easier, and usually faster than the 2 part download.

Offline Siegi

• View Profile
    • Soldatenlieder
« Reply #170 on: 15-09-2015, 12:09:06 »
Still some files are needed or it is good to have? :) (mainly for SP & coop gaming)
« Last Edit: 15-09-2015, 12:09:41 by Siegi »
Denn Esel ist eine Sache des Intellekts; Schweinehund ist eine Sache des Charakters nach unserem Sprachgebrauch!

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 15-09-2015, 16:09:35 »
When you have the Launcher, you don't need anything else. It will auto-update when a patch is released.

Offline Jiggs_Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 22-09-2015, 05:09:58 »
Hi guys, I've been playing Heroes and Generals for the last six months or so . . . which has really gotten me to miss the stellar gameplay of FH2 (way better than H&G, IMO).

I dug up my ancient BF2 CD and somehow was able to install it despite the disk looking like it had been thrown from a moving vehicle onto a busy highway.

Problem is, I can't find a place to DL the 1.5 patch.  All of the links I've found seem to be dead.  I was able to get 1.41 . . . so I don't know why 1.5 is so hard to find.

Can anyone give me a working link?

Offline Kinryu

• View Profile

Offline city hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 22-09-2015, 11:09:46 »
I found this and am downloading, not sure if it works though

http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield-2/downloads/battlefield-2-v15-patch

Offline Jiggs_Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 23-09-2015, 03:09:34 »
Unfortunately neither of those links work either.  Surely there must be some place to get the patch.

Why would the earlier patches be available but the later one isn't?

Weird.

Also, I don't seem to be able to download the FH2 game.  When I hit the download link . . . nothing happens.

Offline Jiggs_Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 24-09-2015, 04:09:54 »
Every time I try to download the 1.50 patch, from any and all sources . . . it begins the download but the "hours left" jumps way up and nothing shows as being downloaded.  Right now, for example, I've been trying to download from the moddb link for the last three minutes.  It shows that nothing has downloaded and that I have between 13 - 24 "hours left".  This is on Google Chrome.  I had the same problem with Internet Explorer.

I just started it on Oracle and it is actually downloading . . . but at incredibly slow rate (I have the fastest DL package available through my provider).  It shows that I have 22 hours to go!

Well, at least I'm getting something.  I'll let it go for awhile and see if it speeds up any.

I did get the FH2 launcher & figured I'd give it a try once I got BF2 up and running.

Fingers crossed.

Update: Got it!  Just took awhile.  It's a huuuge file, which is why it confused me at first.  DL'ing FH2 with the launcher now.  Hope to be playing soon.

Success!

I'm back in. Unfortunately . . . I was the only one.  I used to play after 11pm CST.  When I first began playing a few years back, the servers were pretty full.  When BF2 Bad Company came out, things got real thin online so I quit playing as well. (Bad Company and the following Battlefield games were not my cup o' tea.)

Was hoping people had come back since this is/was such a great online WW2 game.  Are people still playing?  If so, what time of night?
« Last Edit: 25-09-2015, 08:09:06 by Jiggs_Casey »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 27-09-2015, 00:09:25 »
Good to hear you got it fixed!  :)

Regular hours are 20:00-0:00 CET on Euro servers, the US gamenight is at Thursday night, but they also have some gatherings omn Fridays and Saturdays, check here: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=16791.1140

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 23-12-2015, 22:12:14 »
I downloaded BF2 from battlelog but I cant enter BF2-there is always some message. Is that mean that for playing BF2 downloaded from Battlelog you need ReviveLauncher also from Battlelog?
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear