Author Topic: Vehicle self destruct  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Cornholio

• View Profile
Vehicle self destruct
« on: 29-05-2009, 23:05:32 »
I'm wondering how to edit a vehicle's config so i can increase the self destruct time. Not Fh2, but there are a couple mods that i would like to edit the cars and planes so they don't blow up with in 4 minutes. I want to use those vehicles as targets for practice. What would i edit and where?

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle self destruct
« Reply #1 on: 30-05-2009, 00:05:50 »
:moved:  from help/supportt to editting/mapping forum.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-05-2009, 00:05:16 »
set distance, radius and timetolive to 9999 and they will never self destruct (In GamePlayObjects.con, those lines aren't there unless you type them in manually or edit them in Editor, default is like 50 or something.)

Offline Cornholio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-05-2009, 18:05:53 »
and where would the GamePlayObjects.con be? what folder? thanks for the answer though

azreal

« Reply #4 on: 30-05-2009, 18:05:05 »
GamePlayObjects>cq_64

Offline Cornholio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-05-2009, 19:05:41 »
but where do i have to look to find that?

Offline Cornholio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30-05-2009, 19:05:13 »
set distance, radius and timetolive to 9999 and they will never self destruct (In GamePlayObjects.con, those lines aren't there unless you type them in manually or edit them in Editor, default is like 50 or something.)

What would i create and where would i place it with in GamePlayObjects.con?

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01-06-2009, 02:06:58 »
but where do i have to look to find that?

If you created the level, it should be in the GameModes subfolder in the levels folder (For example: Program Files>EA Games>Battlefield 2>Mods>FH2>Levels>Your Level>GameModes>gpm_cq>64>GameplayObjects.con)

If you want to mod someone else's level, it's a bit more difficult.  The short answer is: it's still in the GameModes subfolder in the level's folder, but inside the server.zip file, so you have to extract it out of there (into the level's folder).  The long answer is: if you want other people to be able to play your modded version of someone else's map read this page here.  I'll quote the relevant section below:

Quote from: BFEditor Wiki
Editing a standard bf2 map

This is hard. Theres missing files and some bugs that need circumventing. EA should supply these missing files for the Editor subfolder. If anyone finds them posted, please tell me.

Copy the map folder for backup, but work in the original one. In the map folder, unzip server.zip and client.zip to the same folder they're in. Turn off read-only on all files. Ctrl+A, Alt+Enter. Delete the zips and archive.md5.

Make an Editor subfolder. Copy this in: the Detailmaps and LowDetailmaps folders. copy Layer.con from Battlefield 2\bf2editor\Editor_templates if you have it, or get it at [1]. Open Detailmaps\*.dds in photoshop, resize to 512*512 32bit ARGB (record a macro). You need DDS Photoshop plugin Third_Party_Tools for this.

You need to recreate the object layers. These are usually up to 7. Layer 1 is usually static+ambient objects. 2-6 are used for all CP's and spawns in each game mode. There are two options here: to not preserve the map sizes/game modes, just copy GamePlayObjects.con from gpm_cq\(your preferred map size) to Editor, then skip the rest of this paragraph. Else, scan all GamePlayObjects.con to find out which layer is what mode, and edit by hand in Editor\Layer.con: change names, and delete game types and sizes from the layers. You should be deleting lines with "Filter" in them. This controls what gamemode folders the editor saves to. Now you need to make a compound GamePlayObjects.con for the editor folder. Add all the content from all the files into this file in any order. Then search it for ".layer 1" which could find duplicate CombatArea sections. Keep just the first one of these. They should be identical.

Now you need to recreate all the texture layers. Open map in Terrain editor. Choose texture tool. Open the layers in Resources. You need to open and read terraindata.raw to find textures 1-6. Fill in the detailtexture from terraindata.raw for each layer. Set LowDetailType to 1 (or 2 for mountain textures that show on steep inclines) Choose a Material that matches. This controls friction and contact sounds. Ignore color unless you want to paint new areas.

Save the map as a new name, make sure all detail and terrainthings are ticked. Now you can delete the original map folder and restore it from your copy.

Fix sound file names in AmbientObjects.con - you want the original common/sound/levelambients/(mapname)/...

This solution still destroys LowDetailmaps. I haven't looked for a solution yet.

Anyway, that's a big answer but it's fairly straightforward, I think.

What would i create and where would i place it with in GamePlayObjects.con?

Once you find the GamePlayObjects.con where I told you to look for it, open it in NotePad to edit it.  Unfortunatly, that's the extent of my knowledge on this subject.  Natty didn't post the exact lines you need to type into the GamePlayObjects.con, and I don't know them, so I can't tell you either.

Although he did say that you could change those options in the editor itself, so check the tweaker tab once you select the vehicle you want to change.  You should see those options (I think, I haven't checked it myself).  If they're there, just change them all to 9999 like Natty said.

By the way, to the guys who know about this stuff, if any of this is wrong, please tell me and I'll edit/delete it.  I don't want to spread false information.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01-06-2009, 20:06:59 »
Those lines are even visible in the tweaker bar in the editor... This is uber-basic tweaking.