Author Topic: FH2 Thursday Reloaded!  (Read 93110 times)

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
Re: FH2 Thursday Reloaded!
« Reply #960 on: 16-05-2014, 19:05:36 »
well, ive been out MIA  due to my gaming computer is kaput!  I can't say where everyone else is though...

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 16-05-2014, 19:05:02 »
I actually have a job for a change, and I don't get home until around 1am on weekdays. I'll see if anyone's still on when I get back but if not I'll try and get some weekend FHing in.

...until I get a new microphone and go back to PR :D
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 16-05-2014, 19:05:09 »
I was just wondering if the player base has been thinning out again.   I seem to remember the same thing happening after the previous releases.  Things are decent for awhile after a release, but then the players disappear after about a month.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 16-05-2014, 23:05:53 »
I was just wondering if the player base has been thinning out again.   I seem to remember the same thing happening after the previous releases.  Things are decent for awhile after a release, but then the players disappear after about a month.

only took a couple of days after this release....

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 16-05-2014, 23:05:12 »
I'm sorry, but how many times have people been posting this? Just to see that it was unfounded after all? People keep playing FH2, and if they don't play it at the time you would like to play I'm sorry for you, I have seen that too and it is not ideal, I know that. Jusst check back on anoyther day and see if people maybe do play on that evening (or afternoon). It sure doesn't help to come here and complain, though.

Right now the #1 762 is having the playernumbers you find ideal, officer dufus, so I suggest you join it :)

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 17-05-2014, 00:05:23 »
I just got home from work so I most definitely will!

BTW, ForgottenKevinOHope, are you a Chicagoland resident by chance?  I notice your avatar...

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 17-05-2014, 01:05:37 »
This thread is for WaW server's Thursday and Saturday night events.  We had a good crowd of 20 last night.  It usually kicks off around 8pm USA Eastern.

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 17-05-2014, 01:05:07 »
I don't know, I thought I stopped playing around that same time, 7pm central.  Didn't see any other inhabited servers.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 18-05-2014, 18:05:12 »
I will be there next Saturday night... with licquor money for the first time in a year.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline valleyman

• View Profile
    • My Art Blog
« Reply #969 on: 18-05-2014, 21:05:53 »
Haha, nice Christie!

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 19-05-2014, 14:05:13 »
It's amazing how people can't see the evidence before your eyes and you wonder why the servers are always empty. After a new release, many old players return for a couple days and play, then leave once again. The total playerbase for BF2, FH2, PR, and other mods is dwindling by the day. The impending Gamespy shutdown won't help gain any players either. While FH2 and PR no doubt have a solution for this problem, the rest of BF2 doesn't, and as a result many people will be off put on trying it out in the first place unless they went directly to one of these mods.

The playerbase isn't growing, it's shrinking. I've said it many times before and I'll say it once again, unless you take active measures to consolidate what you have, it will be the ultimate death of the mod. These on and off cycles is not the sign of a healthy mod. PR has at least one full server 24/7 during the weekdays not during primetime, which is what it takes to be healthy, but in FH2 it's almost always empty. You need to wait till European time on the weekend to find a good full game.

Don't get me wrong, I really do love FH2, and I hate to see it go to waste with such talent that created it over the years. But you all need to face facts and see where it's headed. Of course when I go to sleep after this post, I'll get 20 replies chastising me about how FH2 is not even close to dead and you'll ignore my warnings once again. Quite the shame really.

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 19-05-2014, 15:05:16 »
Thanks for all those helpful tips that you listed. They will certainly help bring more players to FH2 :thumbs up:
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 19-05-2014, 15:05:48 »
I agree with what he is saying.

Although I believe EA has officially stated that they will replace the Gamespy servers for BF2.  The same can't be said about BF1942, though.  But I believe BF2 will be saved, at least for now, after the May 31st Gamespy shut-down.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 19-05-2014, 20:05:44 »
Well, of course you can post that FH2 is dying and keep on doing that until it will finally be true one day. It's just not helpful in any way.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 19-05-2014, 22:05:11 »
Although I believe EA has officially stated that they will replace the Gamespy servers for BF2.
Last time I heard of this, EA had reversed their stance and listed BF2 among the games to be discontinued, citing the need to serve the 99% of gamers instead of 1% sell launch-day DLC.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it once again, unless you take active measures to consolidate what you have, it will be the ultimate death of the mod.
What do you mean by "consolidating"? Merging the two?