Poll

What is more fun to play with; K98 or G43?

K98
99 (57.9%)
G/K43
72 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: What is more fun to play with; K98 or G43?  (Read 18607 times)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is more fun to play with; K98 or G43?
« Reply #90 on: 12-02-2011, 23:02:53 »
Well actually Brothers in Arms does the fundamentals of the German infantry squad rather well, in each squad engagemet, theres always an MG strategically set up, and the closer you get to it, the closer the Germans crowd closer to it, defending it at all costs, once you kill the gunner, or capture the weapon, the remaining squad members fall back, and begin using more fire and flanking maneuvers, or fall back to another squad and combine forces.

Too bad the german MG is also only accurate to 100 feet, the AI is full of incompetents, the MG never changes place (on the defense, they usually had 3 or 4 positions already prepared for the MG to change around to) and oh yah, you can absorb bullet after bullet.

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 13-02-2011, 00:02:16 »
Well actually Brothers in Arms does the fundamentals of the German infantry squad rather well, in each squad engagemet, theres always an MG strategically set up, and the closer you get to it, the closer the Germans crowd closer to it, defending it at all costs, once you kill the gunner, or capture the weapon, the remaining squad members fall back, and begin using more fire and flanking maneuvers, or fall back to another squad and combine forces.

Too bad the german MG is also only accurate to 100 feet, the AI is full of incompetents, the MG never changes place (on the defense, they usually had 3 or 4 positions already prepared for the MG to change around to) and oh yah, you can absorb bullet after bullet.

So which game do you think portrays the Germans most realistically?
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 13-02-2011, 00:02:34 »
So which game do you think portrays the Germans most realistically?

Honestly?  FH2 is prob the closest in terms of how they look and how their weaponry and vehicles function, but in terms of how a german squad, or any squad from any army for that matter, acted in combat, none.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 13-02-2011, 00:02:44 »
On topic, gents.

Offline Lonewolf051

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 13-02-2011, 17:02:34 »
Right Flippy, but one quick last note, In Brothers in Arms, (not so much Hell's Highway), the Germans are portrayed very realistically, uniforms, tactics, weapons, behavior, ect. So are the American paratroops, hell the series was made in collaberation and endorsement with the VFW, History channel, and the Patton Museum! I dont think any of those organizations would endorse a big-name game that wasnt historically accurate as can be. Plus with Rendroc's Warzone mods, realism is bumped WAY up, example, you can edit all the weapons in the system directory, ie. how much damage they do, what range do you want them to have, supression levels, accuracy, ect. You can also choose your and your team's weapons loadouts before each mission, and smoke and frag grenades. Also you can chooseup to 25 AI Allies on your team, and untold amounts of Germans, which can man and take MGs, bazookas, panzerfausts, throw smoke, frag tank hatches, assault and march in 10 different formations. Also the enemy AI can be edited, you can set their wapons to however as powerful, accuracte, and long range as you want. AI deadlyness can also be bumped up, much more tactically inclined, like frag your men, assault, suppress you and flank you, use smoke screens, move MGs to fall back, or assault positions, the German squad/or platoon immedietly moves up, or back WITH the MG, and its crew they set their own wapoints based on the type of environment and the direction your platoon is coming from.... Oh, and by default, Authentic difficulty means 1-2 shot death for the player, and his AI squads, only unlike FH2, theres no health packs and regeneragting health.

Anyways, on topic, I do tend to use the G-43 in closer situtions (if there's one around), like urban sniping, but the K98, I dunno, I can get kills easier with it, probably because the K98's sights arent as precise as they are in RL, IRL, they look exactly as the G-43's sights, (rear leaf sight) the G-43s iron sights are exactly as they look IRL.

« Last Edit: 13-02-2011, 17:02:30 by Lonewolf051 »
"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ, and the American soldier, one died for your soul, and the other, for your freedom" - Col. Grant L. Rosensteel Jr. USAF

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 13-02-2011, 17:02:42 »
yeah, brothers in arms claims to be realistic. it has photos of battles and they are exactly portrayed. the combat system is also quite good.

and then you have to fight panzer IV stubbys in normandy...

on topic:
i noticed that there are more g43 snipers than k98 ones in normandy ... the only ones i can think of are the one on pointe du hoc and the one on goodwood (with less zoom). could it be possible to change some of the g43 or stg44 snipers to k98? (there are at least some on: Lüttich (G43), Port en Bessin (G43), Cobra (Stg44), Lebisey (Stg44) and so on).
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 19-02-2011, 18:02:38 »
K98, no doubt, I think I will like the springfield when it comes out but for now the mauser is best, certainly because it has a bayonet.
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon