Author Topic: The Road to Forgotten Hope 2.53  (Read 7183 times)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
Re: The Road to Forgotten Hope 2.53
« Reply #45 on: 26-05-2018, 21:05:32 »
No Luftfaust B on seelow co-op.  Was really looking forward to wiping out some bots with it.  ???

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #46 on: 26-05-2018, 21:05:48 »
No Luftfaust B on seelow co-op.  Was really looking forward to wiping out some bots with it.  ???

I don't think FH has any AI devs at the moment, but that may change.

Offline Chad1992

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27-05-2018, 14:05:45 »

All they have to do is add the weapon as a pick up kit.  Shouldn't affect the AI at all.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #48 on: 27-05-2018, 15:05:10 »

All they have to do is add the weapon as a pick up kit.  Shouldn't affect the AI at all.

Yes, but it's all in the "AI/Bots/Coop/SP" dept anyway as the Coop versions of maps are often setup differently to the MP maps and have their own bot related balance issues.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 27-05-2018, 16:05:35 »
Don't forget that none of the EF map has official bot support, hence why it wasn't updated. You can replace any of the existing pickup kit with it yourself if you want.

Offline Chad1992

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 27-05-2018, 20:05:52 »
Don't forget that none of the EF map has official bot support, hence why it wasn't updated. You can replace any of the existing pickup kit with it yourself if you want.
LOl um yea Im not smart enough to do that  :P

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 21-06-2018, 13:06:03 »
"Contested flags are now marked on the minimap by a flashing icon"

How does this one work? I haven't noticed anything different with the minimap in 2.53  ???

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 21-06-2018, 14:06:57 »
You should, now if there’s an enemy in the flag, the green circle or red x (if it’s not capable) will blink on the minimap.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 21-06-2018, 16:06:05 »
What is the goal of this? To me it just makes the game more arcadish, there are less chances of sneaking now. I think transports should only show on the map if they are friendly, otherwise the enemy knows when you bailed because they can see the empty transport on the minimap, it is impossible to make a sneak attack this way.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 21-06-2018, 17:06:10 »
Yes, it's a way of neutralizing precappers on push maps and back cappers on conquest maps. I personally love this change, and I know that many of the devs and testers do as well.

To me- I don't like "sneaky" people back capping flags or pre-capping flags since it seems like a cheap way of taking a point. Imo it's more fun to fight over a flag instead of sneaking behind everyone and taking it without contest. It's definitely a more arcade-ish change, but it fits within the gameplay of FH2 imo (a balance of arcade and realism)

The idea is to give your typical pub player a better idea of what's going on, and give the whole team the same situational awareness. As an example; I was moving up with my squad as Russians on Ihantala from the Bridge to the Highway flag. We saw the bridge flag blinking and the team made a collective effort to stop running forward and fall back to defend. It made us attack and defend as a team rather than being caught in no-man's land.

Imo it's not intrusive (only on the minimap) and serves its purpose (curtailing the effectiveness of back cappers/ pre cappers and promoting teamwork)

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 21-06-2018, 18:06:02 »
To me- I don't like "sneaky" people back capping flags or pre-capping flags since it seems like a cheap way of taking a point. Imo it's more fun to fight over a flag instead of sneaking behind everyone and taking it without contest. It's definitely a more arcade-ish change, but it fits within the gameplay of FH2 imo (a balance of arcade and realism)
Same here. The counter to sneaky people is to hang back to defend flags that will be attacked extremely rarely if at all, which is boring and so nobody does it.

In my opinion a better solution would be to increase the delay for flags to unlock (a few maps like Omaha already have this, although it's still a fairly short delay) and lock flags if the opposing team is not expected to be attacking them regularly. The latter issue is particularly prominent in the early desert maps, where maps like Supercharge, Alam Halfa, and Siege of Tobruk all have flags that stay unlocked after the attackers capture that 'stage' of the map, despite the fact that the defending team has few options to counterattack. This means that if you do end up defending those flags, while you might fight the crew of a jeep now and then, 90% of you time just sitting around doing nothing.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 21-06-2018, 19:06:50 »
In my opinion a better solution would be to increase the delay for flags to unlock (a few maps like Omaha already have this, although it's still a fairly short delay)

I like this feature on Omaha, it gives the defender a chance to get back. Tbh the real solution would be to make Sector Push maps behave like they do in more recent games. For example, in Operations in BF1 or in Territories in RS2 (both are basically sector push), each team gets protected spawn points that the other team can't venture into.

You see in this map, that the flags in play are in a combat zone and the team spawns are in a protected zone at the next or previous flags. RS2 does the same thing. In BF1 I think you even get the added delay before the next set of points open. There's a scripted 'mortar barrage' that you have to wait for before the next sector opens. This allows the defending team to prepare and keeps the attacking team from pre-capping.

Another nice thing it does is give the attacking team tickets when they capture a sector. i.e. you get 100 tickets as the attackers, and if you can't cap that sector before tickets run out, it's game over. what this does is stop the game from dragging (like when Russians can't cap the first sector on Seelow). So instead of waiting the whole round for 1000 tickets to run dry, you only have to wait till 100 tickets run out (or a lockdown timer kicks in like RS2) and we can move onto the next map.

This would be the ideal way to do sector push imo. But in BF2 it's either; not possible, or the coding to do it is so convoluted that it's a real pain-in-the-ass to implement.
« Last Edit: 22-06-2018, 00:06:41 by Matthew_Baker »