Author Topic: snipers in fh2  (Read 1403 times)

Offline GreekRockNRolla

• View Profile
snipers in fh2
« on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:48 »
Hello ppl! Is it possible to make sniper scope a bit unsteady and have the ability to hold your breath like cod waw?
this would make snipers less deadly so you could have a sniper class in menu.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Re: snipers in fh2
« Reply #1 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:57 »
There will NEVER be a sniper kit in the spawn menu.

The scopes do have cosmetic sway when standing and crouching, but there is no way to have real sway or anyway to steady the weapon.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:26 »
No. The will be no marksmen/snipers in the spawn menu.

They are limited as pick up kits because there were so few of them in the war, not because they are too deadly. The scoped rifles are fine as they are. Deadly (in right hands anyway) and very rare.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:54 »
The imbalance is not the main reason there are no snipers in the spawn menu: They were very rare. The stuff you see on the spawn menu are (with the exception of AT kits) squad sized weapons, i.e. weapons that a normal infantry squad would have access to and use. Weapons that are used on a company level (heavy MGs, mortars, sniper rifles) are pickup only.

Offline [A9]Bard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:46 »
Hello ppl! Is it possible to make sniper scope a bit unsteady and have the ability to hold your breath like cod waw?
this would make snipers less deadly so you could have a sniper class in menu.
Snipers in menu would be bad, it would result in 20 snipers in both teams and if it would be limited it would make no sence to change it into the menu. I think it´s good as it is - like a a treat when you feel like it. Instead I would welcome a civilankit that works as medic, not in menu but as the medickit at the moment. A civilian able to heal/taking care of wounded. It would only requiera some texturechanges to the medic :-)

Thank you FH-Team! This mod/game rocks!

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:40 »
Texture changes? It would require a civilian player model because civilians don't tend to run around in uniforms. However, it is impossible to change playermodels by picking up a kit so...

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #6 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:39 »
Snipers could only be spawnable kits if a map is made for that. So only Snipers and rifleman or what-do-I-know

Offline [A9]Bard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:24 »
Texture changes? It would require a civilian player model because civilians don't tend to run around in uniforms. However, it is impossible to change playermodels by picking up a kit so...
I mean that you copy the medicclass and make changes neccesary on that one. As changing clothes and so on.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:58 »
That is a new player model. Which is tons of work.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:49 »
I mean that you copy the medicclass and make changes neccesary on that one. As changing clothes and so on.
Changing clothes would require a new player model. Pay attention now.

Snipers could only be spawnable kits if a map is made for that. So only Snipers and rifleman or what-do-I-know
Sure, sniper only map like in Counter Strike.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline GreekRockNRolla

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:22 »
That is a new player model. Which is tons of work.
yea better use the existing player models and put them a red cross in the helmet ..wait i remembered that in same africa maps British have such kits with a handgun and some bandages.

Offline [A9]Bard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:14 »
Changing clothes would require a new player model. Pay attention now.

ok, thanx as a humble player I didn´t know this.

Offline GreekRockNRolla

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:47 »
cool but do you now such a war operation in which snipers were used in large numbers?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-08-2010, 15:08:28 »
cool but do you now such a war operation in which snipers were used in large numbers?

Not really. What he meant was probably one of those aiming maps like in counter strike, which I doubt we will see in an official release ;)

Offline 9.Pz Kreuzer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18-08-2010, 16:08:43 »
Sorry to say but 'Sniper's Last Stand' in MOHAA was an completely made up scenario  :P
Anyway,
pick-up kits is the way to go, I do hate though when you have to make your way high up in a tower etc. to get your scoped rifle and then back down again, because usually those spots are very well known  ;)