Author Topic: FH2 won't load - BF2 memory error Memory.dll:sanity check: Help!  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Dear FH2 comrades!

I was on hslan last night and everybody was having CTD’s  the entire server emptied on one occasion!
I logged back in and played a bit of Fall of Tobruk with 2 or 3 other players but after a while logged out and joined 101’st Airborne server where everybody had taken refuge from hslan’s apparent attack of “Swine Flu”!

Giarabub was just ending when I joined so I went to take a leak while the next map Aberdeen loaded.

When I came back the screen had frozen at around 60% loading and there was an hourglass icon on the screen. So I went back to desktop and there was this little window awaiting me :-

BF2 memory error
Memory.dll:sanity check: block size 167772160 (160.00 MB) doesn’t seem sane

Well it doesn’t seem sane to me! :P

I completley reinstalled BF2/FH2 on Monday  (4th)  and it’s been running fine for hours.

I did a quick search last night regarding this problem and there’s many suggestions, from loose RAM to clearing shader cache or a virus attack….

I turn AVG off when I run FH2 so a virus could be a possibility, but Spybot didn’t find anything and AVG is currently doing a scan and nothing so far.

I’ve cleared the FH2 shader cache but I still get this error after 60% loading.

I am going to try a complete reinstall again later, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience or tips on sorting this problem out?  ???

Cheers.  :)
« Last Edit: 09-05-2009, 23:05:02 by Die Happy »
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Sorry none other than the ones you posted above. Have you tried defragmentating your harddrives?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Thanks for your reply!
I deleted a few old programmes from the HDD scanned with AVG and defragged.
Started FH2  up again and it loaded ok. SO I don't know what the cause of "BF2 memory error" was but hopefully it has gone for good!  :)
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI